Asics Love?!? Where is it?

i'm totally w/ b sox here...definitely feelin' the black/mint sagas...

probably because they remind me (sorta) of my sneaker freaker x saucony grid 9000 bushwackers...haha...which are a pair of shoes that i've had in my sneaker rotation since the day i un-ds'd them...i seriously wear them at least 2x a week (usually more)...in think they're THAT comfy...

but anyways, gettin' back to asics...i finally un-ds'd the bait black rings gel saga's last week...and i think i've come to realize that i prefer to skew more towards the "loud" side of cw's when it comes to shoes nowadays. the only "pop" on the black rings is the gold insole/sockliner, which no one but i'll ever see right before puttin' them on. so they're almost TOO stealth, although they might work better at night w/ the 3m material reflectin' lights and whatnot...

Can anyone help me out with the sizing on the Asics x Patta Gel Lytes??  Someone told me they run 1/2 size large and someone else said true to size.  I own some Gel Sagas but no gel lytes, and about to pull the trigger on some Pattas for a good $$$, so any help would be greatly appreciated.     

so i guess i could probably also give some feedback to grip4218's question on sizing, now that i've worn my black rings so recently, and i have a pair of yin/yang gel lyte iii's. first off though, you probably need to confirm which asics x patta's you're talkin' about here...as there's some misinformation above on the patta x asics "gel lytes" that released at feature...because if you look at the pictures, they're actually "gel sagas" (and not "gel lytes" at all). so yeah, please confirm/clarify.

not gonna explain in super detailed here again (as i have already in other threads), but my true-to-size (tts) would be larger than size 8, but smaller than size 8.5. since i prefer looser sneakers for casual wear, i say my tts is 8.5. i have a size 8.5 in the black rings (which are gel sagas), and they fit me loose, slightly more loose than i'd ideally in a for casual wear sneaker (as my heel does slip in them just a bit). i also have a size 8.5 in the "yin/yang" gel lyte iii's, which are comfortable loose, but not as loose as my gel sagas (no heel slippage). i haven't tried on a size 8 gel saga nor gel lyte iii, so i don't know for certain if they'd fit me perfect and i'd prefer it, or if they'd be slightly too snug.

so anyways, i think i'd hazard an educated guess and say that gel sagas and/or gel lyte iii's do run roughly a .5 size big. so i'd suggest you just go with your normal tts shoes, and they'll either fit you just right or slightly loose. so basically, go with your same size gel sagas that you normally go with. because if you go a .5 size down, they'll either be perfect, or maybe slightly too snug/tight. so that's my thoughts/input on your sizing dilemma on the patta's.

let us know what you ultimately went with, and how your sizing experience with them are...and good luck!

they get worse the more pix i see:
navy and black can work, i've done 2 AM90's on nike iD that work (got a neutral grey color in there to balance it out tho)...
it's a combination of the leather toe and the over all color blocking that throws these off tho, imo (lot of people seem to agree on the other forum as well)...
unless he does something different with these, or somehow better pix changes my mind, these will be an easy pass for me.

his asics? yes. anything he puts out from his store? no. kith sells plenty of other brands/items that dont sell out instantly that he tries to hype just as much if not more than his asics.

and not buying (or bashing, flaming, hating, whatever it is your trying to do) a shoe just because of the name that is attached to it is just as bad as buying a certain shoe because a name is attached to it.

out of the thirteen pairs of asics i own, ten are of fiegs design. does that make me a beast? or does it just mean that i like alot of the colors and textures he choses to use on his shoes?

either way, like i stated before, i like the "eclipses" and as of right now am planning on getting them

so ill wrap this up by saying that im not calling you out to argue, but mostly to say you could have just ended your statement like i ended it for you above^. if thats how you feel about these specific shoes then just leave it at that. no need to end by saying you think everyone who buys from him are a on a hype train because we both know thats not true...

Last edited:
so anyways, i think i'd hazard an educated guess and say that gel sagas and/or gel lyte iii's do run roughly a .5 size big. so i'd suggest you just go with your normal tts shoes, and they'll either fit you just right or slightly loose. so basically, go with your same size gel sagas that you normally go with. because if you go a .5 size down, they'll either be perfect, or maybe slightly too snug/tight. so that's my thoughts/input on your sizing dilemma on the patta's.
let us know what you ultimately went with, and how your sizing experience with them are...and good luck!

NOT to create controversy but i've tried on some gel lyte iii emeralds this past weekend and found they were .5 size small from tts. i felt the gel lyte iii were narrow and fit a little too tight for my comfort. i normally wear size 9.5 and i don't have unusually wide feet. when i tried on size 10 after size 9.5 i got the comfort in the width while not feeling much of a difference in the length. also i know a lot of people said you need to go .5 size up on salmon toes which are also gel lyte iii's.

i haven't personally tried on gel sagas so i wouldn't be able to provide input there. sorry.

his asics? yes. anything he puts out from his store? no. kith sells plenty of other brands/items that dont sell out instantly that he tries to hype just as much if not more than his asics.
and not buying (or bashing, flaming, hating, whatever it is your trying to do) a shoe just because of the name that is attached to it is just as bad as buying a certain shoe because a name is attached to it.
out of the thirteen pairs of asics i own, ten are of fiegs design. does that make me a beast? or does it just mean that i like alot of the colors and textures he choses to use on his shoes?
either way, like i stated before, i like the "eclipses" and as of right now am planning on getting them
so ill wrap this up by saying that im not calling you out to argue, but mostly to say you could have just ended your statement like i ended it for you above^. if thats how you feel about these specific shoes then just leave it at that. no need to end by saying you think everyone who buys from him are a on a hype train because we both know thats not true...

not everything he puts out, but for instance, blueberry's come out and sit and sit and sit, and end up in outlets... a year or so later RF releases them thru kith, same exact shoe, and people beast on them, they sell out, and proceed to try to sell them on ebay for 3 times more than retail. :lol:

sites got FSR's of those emeralds and RF drops them and they sell out immediately, and because of that you got cats on ebay trying to flip them for $300 while they're still available for retail. :lol:

stuff like that is just comedic... :lol: and it's also what's wrong with the "game" nowadays...

i agree, not everyone who buys his stuff is on the hype train, i also own quite a few of his colorways, but i would never just cop everything he puts out, as if i have no taste of my own, and just buying into hype, as it seems a lot of people are doing right now (most of these cats now didn't give 2 dookies about asics b4, until they smelled the hype of super limited RF releases)...

don't get mad at me for calling it like it is. i shoulda said "most people" or "some people", i'll give you that, but getting offended makes it seem like you're guilty of what i'm saying...

and i agree with you, not buying cuz of someone's name is just as lame. like people who hate on yeezys cuz of the name and hype attached to it, not realizing the first ones were some of the best quality shoes nike's ever put out. or how all these runner elitists on other forums HATE RF, and diss any and everything he puts out. i've defended him many times, but i will also call a spade a spade (i wasn't even really knocking him here, just the idiots who think everything he does is amazing, knowing damn well if it was a GR they prolly wouldn't cop at all).

Last edited:
and your personal thoughts/opinions on each of those kicks? worth it? disappointed? etc.
Sorry didnt think people really wanna hear opinions just pics lol i definitely think they were worth it they are both really comfortable and they just overall look cool im really not looking forward to the spring 2013 releases tho in my opinion all those colorways are hideous i really really wanted these 

but sadly i couldnt get my hands on them or the pirate black sagas that came out in september :frown:..but i just ordered these 

:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile: cant wait for them to come in the mail

Sorry didnt think people really wanna hear opinions just pics lol i definitely think they were worth it they are both really comfortable and they just overall look cool im really not looking forward to the spring 2013 releases tho in my opinion all those colorways are hideous i really really wanted these 
but sadly i couldnt get my hands on them or the pirate black sagas that came out in september :frown:..but i just ordered these 
:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile: cant wait for them to come in the mail

Check your PM.

Were Asics "Salmon Toe" only 72 pairs in the world? Or was it for the grand opening of KithNYC?

i gotcha Proto and agree with what your saying, especially about the blueberries, that ish was stupid...

@ Chux, they were the first asics collab that he released through kith but not for the "grand opening". also i believe there are around 300 pairs of them, someone correct me if im wrong...

Were Asics "Salmon Toe" only 72 pairs in the world? Or was it for the grand opening of KithNYC?

i think there were only 72 salmon toes w/ the box, tshirt and jacket that was only available in store. i think two of each size?

Just got around to putting on my Neptunes. Fit kinda snug for my liking... might try and find a half size up now

bruce lee/killa bee/banana peel hopefully these make it to the US

any info if KITH will have the footpatrols ?
Kith seems like a logical place for the footpatrols to end up. They've gotten other collabs in the past such as the WOEI's, and are getting the West x NB as well. It would actually surprise me if they didn't get them.

Lets be honest, if Ronnie Fieg never began the hype, nobody except a very select few amount of people would even care about asics. Just sayin...

^ and if Nike would have choose someone other than michael than there would be no shoes for the beasts. So what's your point?..

Back
Top Bottom