Asics Love?!? Where is it?

lol, i already have good connects in brisbane and sydney. id recommend you start working deals with people interested in the highs and lows gt2s or gl3s coming out next month. i'll be passing on those as well, but everyone seems to go ape over every single collabo. actually the hal brick and mortar pack looks good, i just have too many other pairs in those similar colors already. good luck!
good idea, no one in sydney even cares about these collabs. last time HAL did the day and night NB pack i copped the 2nd pair 2 weeks later still sitting in the shop. If anyone is worried about missing out on this pack shoot us a message and i might be able to help you out.

hey remedy444...i FINALLY just got my kithstrike order shipped to me today, and sure enough...it's missing the laces as well...
what's the word on them sending you the laces? or are we both just out of luck?
I heard that if you contact them they will send you the laces that were missing, I know of atleast two instances where with happened and they tweeted (twitter) at @kithset and they said to call them and get it sorted out

hey remedy444...i FINALLY just got my kithstrike order shipped to me today, and sure enough...it's missing the laces as well...
what's the word on them sending you the laces? or are we both just out of luck?
It took about 3-4 phone calls to Kith customer service before they finally sent them out. They were supposed to arrive yesterday according to UPS tracking but got delayed because of the hurricane. Should receive them today or tomorrow 

ooh just stumbled across this thread! i'm on the fence about kith i got the blueberry re-release in may and i'm not convinced i didn't get a b grade.  There was a small chunk of the foam in the midsole missing and the speckle film started peeling after a handful of wears :/

that being said i still think they're gorgeous i just have to treat them more gently, but i love the GT3 and just wanna wear 'em out haha

anyone heard whether there's a possibility the black/yellows will have a wider release a la the 999s? I figure not but I was on a plane during the kithstrike sooo, eclipse looked good at first now i'm thinkin pass. 

HAL x Asics "Brick and Mortar" Pack. I'll be gunning for the "Mortar" GL3s. Easily tops RF's "Eclipse" GL3, IMO.

Last edited:
found the rd on those 10th in store and 23rd everywhere else

found the rd on those 10th in store and 23rd everywhere else
I'm hoping there's an online release from one of these retailers. None of these store are local.

List of stores from SneakerNews:
W.A. Release
Saturday 10th November @ Highs and Lows Mount Lawley & Claremont

Australia wide Release
Saturday 17th November @ Laced (QLD), Alfies (NSW) and Up There, McKillop Street (VIC)

Global Release – 23rd November
WoodWood – Copenhagen, EUROPE
Naked – Copenhagen, EUROPE
Sneakers n Stuff – Stockholm, EUROPE
B-Elles – Helsinki, EUROPE
Footpatrol – London, EUROPE
Hanon – Aberdeen, EUROPE
Wellgosh – Leicester, EUROPE
End Clothing – Newcastle, EUROPE
Avenue – Antwerp, EUROPE
Patta – Amsterdam, EUROPE
Seventyfive – Amsterdam, EUROPE
Woei – Rotterdam, EUROPE
No Boys Allowed – Den Haag, EUROPE
Slam Jam – Milan, EUROPE
I Love Tokyo – Rome, EUROPE
Titolo – Berne, EUROPE
Solebox – Berlin, EUROPE
The Good Will Out – Cologne, EUROPE
Colette – Paris, EUROPE
Le Rayon Frais – Bordeaux, EUROPE
FOTT – Moscow, EUROPE
Proper – Long Beach, CA USA
UNDFTD – Los Angeles, CA USA
Nice Kicks – Austin, TX USA
Kick HI – Honolulu, HI USA
Feature – Las Vegas, NV USA
St. Alfred’s – Chicago, IL USA
Concepts – Boston, MA USA
Bodega – Boston, MA USA
KITH – New York City, NY USA
KITH – Brooklyn, NY USA
Packer – New Jersey USA
Bait – Laguna Beach, CA USA
ASICS IRVINE, CA USA
Loaded – Auckland, NZ

not too many in america surprisingly
Which is why you should take care of your international connects as a lot of these collaborations typically don't sell-out in an instant. (Hype here in the States versus overseas is vastly different. Most people across the pond purchase shoes because they genuinely like them. Most people here sadly purchase due to limited #s or exclusivity followed-up by the, "I buy what I like." justification.) I'll be home in a bit and will post a new pick-up due to a give-and-take connect I've had for several years...

Simply put. Don't let greed get the best of you. I've, literally, been able to attain any-and-all releases I've wanted with little-to-no hassle...

Understood. However, I've seen more people lose potential connections (from a long-term standpoint) than actually attempt to form consistent negotiations regardless if it was someone next door or abroad. Mind you; Over trying to make a few bucks profit. Sad really...
Asics_GT_II.jpg

Last edited:
sniper after having them in person, what are your thoughts on them? ironically the connect i made by trading my old sns gt2s (which i thought were much miles ahead of the seventh seals, but i just own too many gray pairs of sneakers) offered to grab these for me if i wanted. i told him not to worry as they looked like GRs with chess pieces embossed on them lol. even the use of nubuck was disappointing. to me the only upgrade from an older black GR pair is the nubuck toebox instead of nylon. but i have to admit, after hearing the numbers were more limited due to the factory error i regretted my decision for monetary reasons lol. but it's kinda moot since you never abuse connects for the purpose of reselling anyway. was just curious to hear an american account of these, since you cant really judge based on pics.

^thats where international connections help ALOT
In most of my personal & business transactions, I always make sure that everyone leaves with something. It has paid dividends outside of just footwear...

sniper after having them in person, what are your thoughts on them? ironically the connect i made by trading my old sns gt2s (which i thought were much miles ahead of the seventh seals, but i just own too many gray pairs of sneakers) offered to grab these for me if i wanted. i told him not to worry as they looked like GRs with chess pieces embossed on them lol. even the use of nubuck was disappointing. to me the only upgrade from an older black GR pair is the nubuck toebox instead of nylon. but i have to admit, after hearing the numbers were more limited due to the factory error i regretted my decision for monetary reasons lol. but it's kinda moot since you never abuse connects for the purpose of reselling anyway. was just curious to hear an american account of these, since you cant really judge based on pics.
I'd say they are on par with typical Asics utilizing this nubuck material. Nothing overtly different or upscale. I also have the Runestones and actually favor the Seventh Seals a bit more. I have quite a few black-based and grey-based runners so this was a pick-up based purely on nostalgia as I have seen the movie prior to release. I play chess as well so the subtle hits of chess pieces and checkered lining were nice additions. However, you're right. It's simplicity can justify it essentially as a GR. Despite that appearance, the details of contrast on both the medial & lateral sides consisting of 3M are nicely executed. I'm actually in the process of attaining another pair and if they released the bad batch with the blue king, I'd have no problem purchasing those as well...

i enjoyed chess growing up, but havent played in years. never seen the movie (never even heard of it honestly), but since youre a fan of it and chess in general, it definitely makes sense for you to want them. i do prefer simple over wild and colorful. lots of rf's early asic designs were awful. and honestly i still dont care for a lot of his stuff. i like the clean and simple with colors you might not normally see. my favorite are still the ultramarine gt-iis. i love it when better materials are introduced. the ultramarines werent the best materials either, but an obvious upgrade over traditional asics. you can get black nubuck on GRs so i wouldve thought maybe they'd try to get some "premium" pigskin suede on there lol. oh well. im sure i still wouldve passed regardless of the material.
i guess im thinking more along the lines of why didnt sns put out something like those black bait sagas.

Last edited:
Never really owned a pair of asics before but how do the gel lyte iiis fit and how would you compare the comfort to a air max (1,90,95...)

Never really owned a pair of asics before but how do the gel lyte iiis fit and how would you compare the comfort to a air max (1,90,95...)

the gel lyte 3s are super comfy! on sizing, I went a full size up. it really depends on your feet though..

gave in and ordered the black rings off pys
they looked really nice in most of the youtube vids

^^I think they fit TTS personally. On another note, has anybody copped a pair of the Footpatrol Sagas? Saw a pic of them with the cream color laces as opposed to the blue ones and I think they make the shoe look great. Very tempted to purchase...

new pickup
BAIT x ASICS "Black Ring"
the soft suede/nubuck on these is sooooooo soft
very happy with these, very comfy too

Back
Top Bottom