Asics Love?!? Where is it?

lol everyone flourishing with using the KFE as trade bait. I used my USAs for the grey offsprings.

^^ speaking of Urban Camo's I know ok super late but what's a median price for a size 12 pair ?. I'm basically just trying to get APBs out on the pairs that got me hooked to the brand.

I recently purchased a pair for $155 shipped from a fellow NTer, saw a pair go for $145ish on eBay.
I'm a true 11.5, but GL3's fit me perfect in a size 12..just FYI.

Walter..

I recently purchased a pair for $155 shipped from a fellow NTer, saw a pair go for $145ish on eBay.

Walter..
Are you talking about the urban camo? Wow around February or so they are on sale on different site i.e journeys, nordstrom... Why the sudden jump on the price?

Are you talking about the urban camo? Wow around February or so they are on sale on different site i.e journeys, nordstrom... Why the sudden jump on the price?

Yep, Urban Camo's. I have recently just gotten back into the sneaker scene from a 2-3 year absence (lol). Runners rejuvenated my interest in sneakers, so I've been playing catchup on some recent releases.

I had the Urban Camo's on my list, and couldn't find them anywhere less than $190 shipped. Then came across the pair I bought.
There are others on eBay for $230 and another for like $280 shipped. So the $155 that I paid wasn't so bad. Even now in my area I can't find any Asics on sale, or even in stock for that matter, so I have to resort to online or resale markets. In the case of Urban Camo's, resale.

Walter..

i got urban camos at finish line for 80 bucks. crazy they're hard to get a hold of now.

side note.
I'm done with ordering from rope lace supply. every lace is too stiff and the aglet is 1.5x bigger. annoying to lace.
anyway, if anyone was trying to get KFE brazil laces for their brazil Vs, RLS's aren't really that good.

going back to the green flats. 
eyes.gif

these are the ropes from the KFEs

Last edited:
^^ Love those Brazil's...on the fence with them. I've found them for $90 shipped, but there are just so many new releases coming out that it makes it difficult to decide what to purchase haha

I think those rope laces look really good, but from pictures I do like them with flat laces.

Walter..

I'm done with ordering from rope lace supply.

Me too man. Dude that runs it is a douche. They sent me a pair of the 3M cove laces with one lace being about 2" shorter than the other. They wouldn't believe me and wouldn't just refund the $5 or whatever, so I filed a pp claim and he was pretty livid. He claimed that I was "probably still using the laces" ... Right, if I was scamming you wouldn't I have just filed the claim for the whole order of like 5 laces?

Wouldn't have been an issue but I could barley tie up one of the shoes. Even sent him a pic and he said "looks fine to me."

I thought for sure my order would be cancelled due to billing address being wrong and my shipping address matching it. I called them to see what's going on and told him I have 2 address in my account. Dude was really cool and explained he'll push it through because he understood that it was a holiday weekend and the release being crazy. Shortly after, tracking was created and on it's way. Can't wait for My Alvin's! :smile:

Last edited:
^^^^ Yeah I feel the same way about RLS. Great customer service but they're too big and difficult to lace.

Yeah every time i see the Brazil v's I wanna get them but I know they would sit in my closet

Walter..

Damn gotta be on the look out now, that pair is insane and haha feel much the same actually, never had much of an interest in runners but asics and saucony changed that but sadly I missed some of the better (IMO) cw's. Though since you sized up (and for anyone else who owns or have owned a pair in size 12) do you think I should go a size up it risk TTS ?.

What are the materials like on those btw ?. I am often on the fence with sneakers that has mesh because often it doesn't look as good in person than it does in pictures.

What are the materials like on those btw ?. I am often on the fence with sneakers that has mesh because often it doesn't look as good in person than it does in pictures.

Not exactly sure what you mean, mesh is amazing!
If your refering to the urban camos the toe box is suede if it's the Brazils those are nylon. Generally asics quality is on point even on a GR, you might have the occasional factory flaw but other than that pretty good.

Last edited:
Haha I was referring to asics with mesh toe box's (and for some reason assumed the UC's had them too) though in happy to know that it's suede. I feel like some mesh looks kind of like cheap nylon and that puts me off but when it's done well it is definitely a plus and as a side note, is the Aztec GL3 toe box suede as well ?. Sorry if it's a dumb question but again pretty new to runners.

i got urban camos at finish line for 80 bucks. crazy they're hard to get a hold of now.

side note.

I'm done with ordering from rope lace supply. every lace is too stiff and the aglet is 1.5x bigger. annoying to lace.

anyway, if anyone was trying to get KFE brazil laces for their brazil Vs, RLS's aren't really that good.
going back to the green flats. :rolleyes

these are the ropes from the KFEs
I got my Urban Camos at 6pm.com for a steal @ 65 shipped, size 12.5. Luckily FNL dropped my 12s off and they fit really weird so I needed to return em. That 12.5 was an anomaly lol. I have the same problem with Rope Lace Supply, terrible customer service and a really poor attitude as well. People complain about the eyelets being too fat and he deletes the IG comments. Then you find YET ANOTHER PAIR that are incompatible and he says future laces will be correct. I say great, you can replace these or refund and he refuses. DEADBEAT. DOPE laces SH1+5 on em. LaceSd is excellent as well. I've got Brazil Vs inbound, good to know.

How long ago did you get them Caballoloco ?. Haha 6pm is the last place i'd expect to find a cw like that. Though now I'm getting weary about sizing cuz not a lot of 12.5's out there :/.

Last edited:

Urban Camos are the lowest quality materials on an Asics shoe in my collection. For some reason they're also much more uncomfortable than any other GL III as well.

How long ago did you get them Caballoloco ?. Haha 6pm is the last place i'd expect to find a cw like that. Though now I'm getting weary about sizing cuz not a lot of 12.5's out there :/.
Along with the Aztecs I'm looking for reasonable priced Urban Camos. Two GRs that I somehow can't get ahold of. 

Materials is the same as regular GRs. Should have the same fitment as the rest of the GR gl3.

Me too man. Dude that runs it is a douche. They sent me a pair of the 3M cove laces with one lace being about 2" shorter than the other. They wouldn't believe me and wouldn't just refund the $5 or whatever, so I filed a pp claim and he was pretty livid. He claimed that I was "probably still using the laces" ... Right, if I was scamming you wouldn't I have just filed the claim for the whole order of like 5 laces?

Wouldn't have been an issue but I could barley tie up one of the shoes. Even sent him a pic and he said "looks fine to me."
I got my Urban Camos at 6pm.com for a steal @ 65 shipped, size 12.5. Luckily FNL dropped my 12s off and they fit really weird so I needed to return em. That 12.5 was an anomaly lol. I have the same problem with Rope Lace Supply, terrible customer service and a really poor attitude as well. People complain about the eyelets being too fat and he deletes the IG comments. Then you find YET ANOTHER PAIR that are incompatible and he says future laces will be correct. I say great, you can replace these or refund and he refuses. DEADBEAT. DOPE laces SH1+5 on em. LaceSd is excellent as well. I've got Brazil Vs inbound, good to know.
damn didn't release it was that bad. dude sounds like a diiiicl.  thats really lame and wish i hadn't been ordering from them (him). i do know that what these places are getting and they are pretty much stock crap the factories make, but dude jacked up the prices...and has what i assume is a relatively successful business, he should have enough reason to talk to the supplier and get at MOQ for some non crap laces. whatever. 

Along with the Aztecs I'm looking for reasonable priced Urban Camos. Two GRs that I somehow can't get ahold of. 

Haha those are basically my two targets for first pair of asics. Really distinctive CW's plus their silhouette so they're a must for me. Also got my eye on the grey/beige toed Colorado 85's that are supposedly dropping this month.

Last edited:
Several months ago, and the material, shape, and comfort is nowhere near my Navy and orange GL3s. These could have been so much better, but the colorway and blocking is pretty damn good though.

Back
Top Bottom