Asics Love?!? Where is it?

I th
i might be one of the only people who like to rock GL3's with the tongue split... i mean, not bronson split, but laced to the top and the tongue all closed, with laces so tight it's creasing the material? nah, don't even like the shoe that much when laced like that... :smh:
agreed. I think it's supposed to be rocked that way

The choice of split and non split is all personal preference. Mine meet perfectly together with no overlapping with laces loose or tight so thats just me

Not to sound like a broken record but got my blk and tans as well as the urban camos today. Suede is so much nicer on  blk/tans. If you havent grabbed them yet do it. Especially on discount id say dont sleep. I like those more than the camos

Do you guys think 500 for the bricks and mortar pack is a good deal? I love the mortars but the bricks are okay but I've been looking for the mortars in a reasonable price.
I was iffy on bricks at first but I love them when i wore them to work.

I don't know, even after zooming in it still looks nylon to me.  I hope I'm wrong and you're right though.

Maybe the samples are nylon but the retail version is all leather??

Toe box looks nylon here.  Same material behind logo and on toebox

I'm guessing the site that you had to translate didn't really do their homework.
Meh. This was the site (from a few pages/posts back).
http://throwback-sneakers.com/blog/...sete-2014-a-venir-chez-throwback-sneakers-349

I'm hoping the same too though...cuz having that upper as nylon would kinda be a turn off since the leather was one of the biggest selling points for me (aside from the color blocking). :/

Repped for that link. Finally bit the bullet to secure my size. Hopefully I can just double up when FNL gets them on discount

i might be one of the only people who like to rock GL3's with the tongue split... i mean, not bronson split, but laced to the top and the tongue all closed, with laces so tight it's creasing the material? nah, don't even like the shoe that much when laced like that...
mean.gif
just an observation... you really like your split tongue huh.  every other post by you in this thread is mentioning how you wear it, like damn.

got my pair in the other day, love them but anyone else think they run a little big bigger than other GR gliii? not half size or anything, but enough to notice

Mine finally came in, and for some reason mine smelled like straight crap! ( i literally have them outside venting)  I opened the box and my gf  even noticed the smell  while in the orther room. ppl def gonna think i have some smelly *** feet.

either way, quality is meh (but its a $99 shoe) but they are by far best looking GR ive seen in a long time.

haha!!! i think others have complained in the past that certain brand new out of the box gel lyte iii's (think it might've been the caviars?) smelled like fish or something...

i'm sure that "new-but-not-so-fresh" smell will go away after awhile...

and while i know everyone is complaining about rough suede and whatnot...when it's on your feet, it's purely about how it looks...not how the suede feels on the outside...unless you're lettin' other people feel up your shoes or something (which would be weird and a lil' bit creepy, esp. if they do that while you're wearing them...haha)...

haha!!! i think others have complained in the past that certain brand new out of the box gel lyte iii's (think it might've been the caviars?) smelled like fish or something...

i'm sure that "new-but-not-so-fresh" smell will go away after awhile...

and while i know everyone is complaining about rough suede and whatnot...when it's on your feet, it's purely about how it looks...not how the suede feels on the outside...unless you're lettin' other people feel up your shoes or something (which would be weird and a lil' bit creepy, esp. if they do that while you're wearing them...haha)...
The point isn't that we like to rub the suede on our faces but we would like a higher quality suede for overall appeal. Interesting that someone who presumibly likes spending a ton of money on sneakers needs this explained.

as bad as I would love to pull that trigger on those santas just to get them out the way I'll wait for them to release to more shops

Never say "can't"

Now tighten up those laces and wear matching ankle socks or no shows to create the closed illusion under the split lol.
if it wasn't for a spilt tongue, he would not be able to put that foot in the shoe.. I think he will have to cut his tongue on the gel lyte 5..

UPS finally updated my Urban Camos.

Coming in Monday. :frown:

Amazon Prime has spoiled me.

Last edited:
Feeling better now, contacted Packers & they said my order has a UPS tracking # assigned to it. Now it's just the waiting game.

Back
Top Bottom