Asics Love?!? Where is it?

yeah, euro runner heads are a big part of the reason asics are where they are now, they were already beastin' on 'em b4 and during RF's run, and had a huge influence on certain non-RF collabs being so damn valuable now...

people act like asics' popularity is all due to RF, but it's def not (just mainly in america, and ya know how american sneaker heads like to act like there's no world outside of what's popular in america)...

a lot of the collabs being cranked out of euro shops a few years ago were better than most of RF's stuff, imo...

once they stopped putting out dope stuff, RF just kinda took over... it's like there's no competition really anymore, cuz a lot of the US collabs have been meh to me (all of bait's stuff for instance, i have passed on all of 'em)...

Didn't get my shipping label. I think they cancelled mine. Some how my order defaulted my work address instead of my home address even though I clicked dropped down before entering CC number. Called, emailed, and left a message to correct but was unable to get a hold of anyone because of 4th of July. Bitter but sometimes it happens that way. Crossing my fingers they get the message and help me get the pair shipped out.

I haven't gotten my shipping yet either. I'm not worried.
yeah, euro runner heads are a big part of the reason asics are where they are now, they were already beastin' on 'em b4 and during RF's run, and had a huge influence on certain non-RF collabs being so damn valuable now...

people act like asics' popularity is all due to RF, but it's def not (just mainly in america, and ya know how american sneaker heads like to act like there's no world outside of what's popular in america)...

a lot of the collabs being cranked out of euro shops a few years ago were better than most of RF's stuff, imo...

once they stopped putting out dope stuff, RF just kinda took over... it's like there's no competition really anymore, cuz a lot of the US collabs have been meh to me (all of bait's stuff for instance, i have passed on all of 'em)...

Yeah the last Asics collab in the US worth buying besides Ronnie was probably St. Alfreds, can't think of another one off the top of my head.

Quick change of topic, but seeing BWGH being allowed by Puma to remove panels made me wish Asics had GL redux models, always felt like they had too much sometimes. Also liked the RF Clarks simplicity, sort of the essence of a runner, so I whipped up a couple concepts. Took off too much? Take off more? 

Last edited:

Quick change of topic, but seeing BWGH being allowed by Puma to remove panels made me wish Asics had GL redux models, always felt like they had too much sometimes. Also liked the RF Clarks simplicity, sort of the essence of a runner, so I whipped up a couple concepts. Took off too much? Take off more? 
Looks like you just made generic replicas of already released GL3's.  LOLWUT?!

Looks like you just made generic replicas of already released GL3's.  LOLWUT?!
You have to read what he said again. He wasn't coming up with new CWs he's just taking the excess side paneling off. And he likes 'aRF two tone simplicity that he uses often so he took the leatherback and salmon toe and recreated them without the panel for a minimalist look.

@Gabe  Your's is great so I hijacked it. 
laugh.gif
 Took it a step further. Repped.

it says on their site that they won't start shipping until the 7th. Not sure why some of you guys are worried

You have to read what he said again. He wasn't coming up with new CWs he's just taking the excess side paneling off. And he likes 'aRF two tone simplicity that he uses often so he took the leatherback and salmon toe and recreated them without the panel for a minimalist look.
Just thought it looked worse than the originals, that's all.  Either way, it's not something that's gonna happen so whatever.

Is bait done on the phantom lagoon invites? Man, I need a 9. I've been on the look out for these and no places have them. If anyone has info or trying to sell without a stupid rape price, pm me

Last edited:
Grey shoes >>>>>>>>>>>>>

IDK i gave up trying with these shoes tho. Always fail and aftermarket prices aint worth it to me. These seem to go up much more than any other shoe. You would think that would lead them to produce more for that untapped market but asics be like "nahhhhh"

Just came to see what colorways might be in store. I'll just wait till I can afford aftermarket shoes.

Last edited:
I believe 130ish? I think that's what I paid at End Clothing, if DS.

Did you get the GL III's or the Epirus ?. The GL III's really caught my eye and looked on end but they didn't have them in my size so guess I'm gonna have to try eBay so wanna get a good idea of what's a decent price to pay.

Did you get the GL III's or the Epirus ?. The GL III's really caught my eye and looked on end but they didn't have them in my size so guess I'm gonna have to try eBay so wanna get a good idea of what's a decent price to pay.

GL3. I love mine. Materials are actually underrated.

I agree^ the Aztec GL3's are awesome in hand. I picked up a pair from Crooked tongue just because I really liked the color way but once I got them I realized the material on the toe box was really cool too, different from any other GL3 I've ever seen. The suede on the shoe isn't too bad either. I'd say they are underrated for sure.

Back
Top Bottom