Asics Love?!? Where is it?

monday might be harder to cop then everyone thinks. I'm taking the L on these Honestly. Congrats on copping, I bet it's a pair you can't miss. NT isn't the same as it used to, I just got a quote for inflated resell price on these from a member. I've been around for a minute and notice most of everyone on here is about the come up now a days. I've delt with mods and OGs on here and helped others get kicks retail or a little more for doing the work but it was never like this. I know it's a salty post but it is what it is. Make that money y'all!

Wow lucky me im not so into brown shoes. The thirst lookin damn real. But looks like nt fam eating good.

Da Vincis don't look that great imo.. No wonder they made only 500 to generate that hype.  On a more serious matter, my local Ikea is out of shoe trees....what to do?? Any cheap alternatives?

Wow! sorry to hear that man. i was guy the right behind you. why didnt you just pickup another size?? @cmoneymontana

Not worth the hassle. I rather someone that actually wears that particular size to get their pair.

Only good thing about today was someone seen I didn't get these, and ooped me a pair of RF Daytona's.
so the black guy in the Atlantics didnt get his size and just grabbed a 13?

Last edited:

id like to know peoples opinions especially people who own both. dirty bucks vs da vincis? 
I don't own the Bucks but have inspected a pair in hand from a guy at work. I own Da Vincis. It's going to be personal preference. Quality wise they are both nice. Bucks lose for me because colorway, mainly the sole. Bucks win for me if the special packaging is involved. Shoe vs shoe, for me, Da Vinci. Total package (special packaging + presentation + promo) Bucks win. That is just me though...

For those who have da vinci, hows the fit?
Compared to my other GLVs, which I always go TTS in, they fit snug. The only other pair that I own that fit snug are the Sages which i've worn and are still snug, if that helps. This shoe is mostly leather though so im sure they will loosen up when walking around.

clean n my size9.5 hows the fit like all the other gl5's ?

Yeah Fit me like other glV

For those asking about quality. I would agree with similar to Gemini material wise. Suede on heel looks a touch nicer, but I passed on the Gemini so dont have them in hand to compare direct, just going off when I did see them in hand. Havent fully gone over my pair but there were a few glue stains, etc as to be expected. I was going out to assist and also picked up a pair in my sz which I figured I could trade if I didnt keep or oop, but I think they work well enough to keep them.

As for numbers we will see. I am usually the first to call BS on small number runs with Asics knowing that most collabs they want 2-2.5k pair for a run, at least via Asics USA.
I can say they had what seemed to be LESS than 100 at VA, but may have been close to it. DC inventory was 97 last I heard. Pretty sure everyone who got in line in VA got a pair, but the large sizes were first to sell. Not sure if the resellers there are just used to selling Jordans, or are really keeping because I would have grabbed smaller sizes had I wanted to resell.

Release went fairly smooth. Dude had a list which was admirable but of course a few people slid in line. Only a few though, and from what I can tell they took small szs. Who knows they may have been their earlier and came back but it's whatever. '

Only thing I wish I knew was they now seem to allow non mall walkers in early. We had been lined up closest to Cmon on the Macys side but were alerted to the entrance being open early enough that we all rode out and got in line. I think everyone who was out there early got the size they wanted.

Last edited:

tuesday at 11.

just a quick survey. where did you find out about the shoe dropping?
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

New Asics lover always welcome :smile: This is one of the reason those stores sells limited quantities...to attract newcomers, like Yeezy says...new Slaves

All Good anyway

Trying to ease the pain

Thanks to whoever posted that pic earlier w the flats. Inspired me to relace mine. In case anybodies wondering the packer DB extra laces are a perfect match

As for numbers we will see. I am usually the first to call BS on small number runs with Asics knowing that most collabs they want 2-2.5k pair for a run, at least via Asics USA.
I can say they had what seemed to be LESS than 100 at VA, but may have been close to it. DC inventory was 97 last I heard.
I don't know about you all guys but lets be optimistic, that would means that there will be around 300 online which is imo a not a so bad number...the negative thing is that the site won't hold and shopify neither. When a release is worldwide with 20 pairs by stores it comes to the same situation...am I wrong or really suck at numbers?

Back
Top Bottom