Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Rocking today. I almost forgot all about this Japan pack.

Got my packers.  The suede is not the greatest...  I'd say only slightly better than GR suede.  The leather used on the tongue is pretty nice though.

Got my packers and seems like maybe a manufacture defect/quality control.

The toe box on both show seems to be lifted a little. When I have them on, I can feel a slump hump in the middle of the toe box, running parallel with the tongue slit.

Anyone else notice any issues with the toe box suede not seeming to be well sewn together?

At least, packers seemed willing to help. They didn't have an 11.5 or 11, but offered to either full refund or offer a partial discount if I keep.
The warehouse guy asked what's a reasonable refund. Initially he offered 60 off, for 100 total on the order.
What would you guys suggest? Think asking for 80 off to make it 50% off is being greedy? I'd rather keep them than return, unless I can find a good pair on the Bay.

Got my packers and seems like maybe a manufacture defect/quality control.

The toe box on both show seems to be lifted a little. When I have them on, I can feel a slump hump in the middle of the toe box, running parallel with the tongue slit.

Anyone else notice any issues with the toe box suede not seeming to be well sewn together?

At least, packers seemed willing to help. They didn't have an 11.5 or 11, but offered to either full refund or offer a partial discount if I keep.
The warehouse guy asked what's a reasonable refund. Initially he offered 60 off, for 100 total on the order.
What would you guys suggest? Think asking for 80 off to make it 50% off is being greedy? I'd rather keep them than return, unless I can find a good pair on the Bay.
I say return them and get ur money back. Packers are complete trash. Saw 4 pairs in hand and all had flaws. Not worth the money to me and Asics is trash all together lately. I see better quality on shoes half the price.

yeah got my packers in and def not impressed with the quality, lots of mismatching on suede panels some looking more discolored than others. love the colorwaay though. reminds me of the koi's, dope colorways but crap materials.

Quick question - if you guys were to rate and compare the comfort the GT-2 vs the GL5 out of 10, what would you give each? Just want to see if they're worlds apart or something 

Quick question - if you guys were to rate and compare the comfort the GT-2 vs the GL5 out of 10, what would you give each? Just want to see if they're worlds apart or something 
GLVs feel slightly more comfortable to me because of the bootie construction. It's easier to slip on and off and it really wraps around your foot.

I think they've got more Gel in the sole unit so it's a bit of a squisher ride.

GT2s are a more traditional and neutral sneaker, nice support and not too narrow. Firmer feel to the sole but still comfortable nonetheless.

Nothing that would make you go "damn if only i wore my GLVs today".

So... my rating would be:

Whatever i said prior to this about the comfort of GLVs and GT2s / 10

Back
Top Bottom