Ask someone who works in a hollywood talent agency....

Originally Posted by DJ Sphinx

Do you have any more insight on the music dept? The folks who rep musicians on an international level, what's the best way to get in touch with them? I help run a concert promotions company in Europe and there are way too many middle men, I need to find better ways to go straight to the agents and managers to book acts at a better cost. Could you share a bit of knowledge on how better to do so???

I Really appreciate that you are taking time to answer each question.

Its tough to get in there, but try calling them and being nice to the asst, tell them who you are right away, act like they should be happy to talk with you. Find out the names of the people you want to talk with, research them and their clients. Then tell them you want to discuss touring in europe.

Originally Posted by DJ Sphinx

Do you have any more insight on the music dept? The folks who rep musicians on an international level, what's the best way to get in touch with them? I help run a concert promotions company in Europe and there are way too many middle men, I need to find better ways to go straight to the agents and managers to book acts at a better cost. Could you share a bit of knowledge on how better to do so???

I Really appreciate that you are taking time to answer each question.

Its tough to get in there, but try calling them and being nice to the asst, tell them who you are right away, act like they should be happy to talk with you. Find out the names of the people you want to talk with, research them and their clients. Then tell them you want to discuss touring in europe.

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

Yo, where would one go about to find out about being casted as a extra or small scenes.

Look on craigslistLA, once you get on the extras list they will call you everyday! My buddy does it for a living

Yo, where would one go about to find out about being casted as a extra or small scenes.

Look on craigslistLA, once you get on the extras list they will call you everyday! My buddy does it for a living

At UCLA I'm being offered an internship to work for some agency, and I'm considering it. What are some things I should be aware if I do accept?

At UCLA I'm being offered an internship to work for some agency, and I'm considering it. What are some things I should be aware if I do accept?

^^^which agency? only accept if you want to learn about the ent indusrty. And if its a good company.

Expect to make copies, get lunches, get coffee, and get told to hide in a closet when celebs stop by if you're ugly.

^^^which agency? only accept if you want to learn about the ent indusrty. And if its a good company.

Expect to make copies, get lunches, get coffee, and get told to hide in a closet when celebs stop by if you're ugly.

From your experience who is actually down to earth in the entertainment industry?

Like, who is just a normal person that has a pretty cool job and happened to get famous?

I understand your answer may be skewed since you are jaded and involved in the industry, but I'm curious anyway.

It was the Gersh Agency, and another called Rabineau Wachter Sanford and Gillett Literary Agency. Both agencies said they'd have interns reading/helping to choose scripts and meeting with agents/actors to pin down meeting dates and stuff like that. Any truth to that or is it the kind of thing an intern might do once they're done getting coffee and that other crap?

It was the Gersh Agency, and another called Rabineau Wachter Sanford and Gillett Literary Agency. Both agencies said they'd have interns reading/helping to choose scripts and meeting with agents/actors to pin down meeting dates and stuff like that. Any truth to that or is it the kind of thing an intern might do once they're done getting coffee and that other crap?

From your experience who is actually down to earth in the entertainment industry?

Like, who is just a normal person that has a pretty cool job and happened to get famous?

I understand your answer may be skewed since you are jaded and involved in the industry, but I'm curious anyway.

Looks trump talent only at a young age, talent is subjective though, people will groom a hot girl to be good after a few years of acting classes. it can be a long process. Talent usually wins out though, if you have both then its superstar potential, but of course most people don't pop

Looks trump talent only at a young age, talent is subjective though, people will groom a hot girl to be good after a few years of acting classes. it can be a long process. Talent usually wins out though, if you have both then its superstar potential, but of course most people don't pop

What the hell are companies thinking making movies like Marmaduke and Splice and these other movies that sound dumb from the start.

And who really approves of butchering movies like Dragonball Z and Avatar and Wolverine? Is the money really THAT good where they sell all the rights without a care?

What the hell are companies thinking making movies like Marmaduke and Splice and these other movies that sound dumb from the start.

And who really approves of butchering movies like Dragonball Z and Avatar and Wolverine? Is the money really THAT good where they sell all the rights without a care?

i can help with this one 
happy.gif
.  my wife works for an ad agency and has worked primarily with entertainment clients (old client was Fox Theatrical, current client is a TV network).

The vast majority of kids movies make money, no matter how crappy they are or look.  They look extra crappy to us because we are not the target market, but kids movies are like Wayans Bros. movies or those spoof Scary Movie type stuff.  As dumb as they look, they turn a profit so why not keep churning em out.

i can help with this one 
happy.gif
.  my wife works for an ad agency and has worked primarily with entertainment clients (old client was Fox Theatrical, current client is a TV network).

The vast majority of kids movies make money, no matter how crappy they are or look.  They look extra crappy to us because we are not the target market, but kids movies are like Wayans Bros. movies or those spoof Scary Movie type stuff.  As dumb as they look, they turn a profit so why not keep churning em out.

Have you encountered the Northwestern Mafia?
Spoiler [+]
In cities such as New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago, the number of Northwestern alumni involved in theater, film, and television has led to perception of there being a "Northwestern mafia".

Back
Top Bottom