Ask someone who works in a hollywood talent agency....

The most depressing interview I have ever been through was with a talent agency. By the time the guy had finished his speech about why I would hate the job I was just like...." 
indifferent.gif
." I couldn't even pretend like I really wanted it, and I don't know how I would have survived on that insanely meager pay. The rewards were conceivably great, but wow. More power to you though, OP. Let us know if you make it through the ranks. Getting out of the mail room must have felt like finishing a prison sentence.

The most depressing interview I have ever been through was with a talent agency. By the time the guy had finished his speech about why I would hate the job I was just like...." 
indifferent.gif
." I couldn't even pretend like I really wanted it, and I don't know how I would have survived on that insanely meager pay. The rewards were conceivably great, but wow. More power to you though, OP. Let us know if you make it through the ranks. Getting out of the mail room must have felt like finishing a prison sentence.

^^^my old boss told me they try to scare you in the interview, its all the test to see if you really want it. If you don't you will be gone in a week. I see it every single week, someone just snaps and storms out haha, we take bet on the new kids on how long they will last!
you made a wise choice my man.

^^^my old boss told me they try to scare you in the interview, its all the test to see if you really want it. If you don't you will be gone in a week. I see it every single week, someone just snaps and storms out haha, we take bet on the new kids on how long they will last!

woot!
just got scheduled for an interview with the head of music at wme tmw
happy.gif

assuming full suit, etc but any tips from experience? i already know to assume it to be overly intense and intimdating,etc but any specifics or watnot would be helpful.

woot!
happy.gif

assuming full suit, etc but any tips from experience? i already know to assume it to be overly intense and intimdating,etc but any specifics or watnot would be helpful.

^^^ HR usually does the scare job, just be really happy to be there. suit all the way dont get too flash, white shirt. Tell PG i said hello

^^^ HR usually does the scare job, just be really happy to be there. suit all the way dont get too flash, white shirt. Tell PG i said hello

Originally Posted by jordanhendrix

Reminds me of that scene in Shawshank when Andy gets off the bus
laugh.gif

woot!
happy.gif

Good luck, dude.

Originally Posted by jordanhendrix

Reminds me of that scene in Shawshank when Andy gets off the bus
laugh.gif

woot!
happy.gif

Good luck, dude.

Originally Posted by ArmenExchange

woot!
happy.gif

laugh.gif

nerd.gif
 damn, you just sent your resume today and got a response already?

Originally Posted by ArmenExchange

woot!
happy.gif

laugh.gif

nerd.gif
 damn, you just sent your resume today and got a response already?

Since most television shows and movies are not taped before a live audience, how much talent must one really possess to make it? I know with live theatre you have to be good.

Since most television shows and movies are not taped before a live audience, how much talent must one really possess to make it? I know with live theatre you have to be good.

what minority has it the hardest? i rarely, if ever, see hispanics on English television. Could it be easier to go towards the hispanic audience? who gets type casted the worst?

what minority has it the hardest? i rarely, if ever, see hispanics on English television. Could it be easier to go towards the hispanic audience? who gets type casted the worst?

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Well, you still have to be a pretty good actor (or have mass appeal) to continually get good work. Nobody's going to want to waste 3 days to film one scene.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Well, you still have to be a pretty good actor (or have mass appeal) to continually get good work. Nobody's going to want to waste 3 days to film one scene.

Id say non black minorities are the hardest on screen, business side any race is hard but all minorities have a tough time.

Back
Top Bottom