Ask someone who works in a hollywood talent agency....

Id say non black minorities are the hardest on screen, business side any race is hard but all minorities have a tough time.

Hey, just read through the whole thread, thanks for the info. Not sure how much you know the sports side, but Im a college student interested in the sports marketing world. I'd love to do

something with IMG or CAA, do you have any tips for success in the sports side? or just any info at all? Anything would be appreciated. Thanks

Hey, just read through the whole thread, thanks for the info. Not sure how much you know the sports side, but Im a college student interested in the sports marketing world. I'd love to do

something with IMG or CAA, do you have any tips for success in the sports side? or just any info at all? Anything would be appreciated. Thanks

Interesting thread. I live in LA and have friends who are aspiring entertainers of various kinds, so its interesting to get the perspective of someone who is really in the industry trenches. Its confirmation for me that I wouldn't have been cut out for that business. I would have been one of those dudes who stormed out after the third day.

And, for what its worth OP, I don't think you're coming across as self-important or arrogant. Just a guy doing a job that a lot of people are interested in.

Interesting thread. I live in LA and have friends who are aspiring entertainers of various kinds, so its interesting to get the perspective of someone who is really in the industry trenches. Its confirmation for me that I wouldn't have been cut out for that business. I would have been one of those dudes who stormed out after the third day.

And, for what its worth OP, I don't think you're coming across as self-important or arrogant. Just a guy doing a job that a lot of people are interested in.

Whats the motivation behind a job like this?
Hypothetically, I would initially take this OP's position to get the experience of the entertainment business with all its glamour. Then a couple years whats next? Become an agent make more money and experience the same stuff over but only this time you actually doing what you been watching over the years. Seems repetitive

Also OP, since you spend majority of the time in a environment with alot of celebrities does it get to a point where you don;t get star struck anymore and you treat these "celebrities" like regular people. I could care less if i met a celebrity but there are some people out there that would just faint and crap.

Hypothetically, I would initially take this OP's position to get the experience of the entertainment business with all its glamour. Then a couple years whats next? Become an agent make more money and experience the same stuff over but only this time you actually doing what you been watching over the years. Seems repetitive

Also OP, since you spend majority of the time in a environment with alot of celebrities does it get to a point where you don;t get star struck anymore and you treat these "celebrities" like regular people. I could care less if i met a celebrity but there are some people out there that would just faint and crap.

What percentage of A-list actresses would you guess let some agent or someone involved in the industry smash so they could gain a breakthrough part or get their foot in the door?

What percentage of A-list actresses would you guess let some agent or someone involved in the industry smash so they could gain a breakthrough part or get their foot in the door?

This is an awesome thread, great info too. I don't know where to start, I live in LA too, just for %!$+# and giggles I'm gonna send some resumes over from the UTA list.

This is an awesome thread, great info too. I don't know where to start, I live in LA too, just for %!$+# and giggles I'm gonna send some resumes over from the UTA list.

Originally Posted by zzz1035

No really sure thats a new game as  far as hollywood agencies go.
Sorry

Originally Posted by zzz1035

No really sure thats a new game as  far as hollywood agencies go.
Sorry

Originally Posted by Dragon

Well that you nailed the job track. But if you look at that way what job isnt repetitive? The idea is you build your own brand and help client. But, I'm beginning the question my fit in this town to. I know i can hang but do I want to?
The celeb thing is what most people want to know. It was little weird at first, seeing people you see on TV and movies. I would be a little struck but only by the big guys and hot actresses. At this point i deal with so many that it just doesnt matter, they are really just people. But I still get a little giddy around people i really like or someone i havent met but i dont let that show. I would get fired if it did.

On a side note the big stars really have this X factor to them that set them a part, they turn it on and off and have people eating out of their hands, its hard to describe. its something we look for in clients, "shes hot but but does she have IT?

Originally Posted by Dragon

Well that you nailed the job track. But if you look at that way what job isnt repetitive? The idea is you build your own brand and help client. But, I'm beginning the question my fit in this town to. I know i can hang but do I want to?
The celeb thing is what most people want to know. It was little weird at first, seeing people you see on TV and movies. I would be a little struck but only by the big guys and hot actresses. At this point i deal with so many that it just doesnt matter, they are really just people. But I still get a little giddy around people i really like or someone i havent met but i dont let that show. I would get fired if it did.

On a side note the big stars really have this X factor to them that set them a part, they turn it on and off and have people eating out of their hands, its hard to describe. its something we look for in clients, "shes hot but but does she have IT?

Originally Posted by wheredeydothatat

Yup the stories are endless. I personally don't think A listers have to do that but some may have used sex / favors to get ahead at some point in time. The young actresses I know are easy to abuse and it is rampant through every level of the industry, so i imagine some big name now were little sluts back in the day. 
But some people just make it on their talent and would never do anything like that.

Originally Posted by wheredeydothatat

Yup the stories are endless. I personally don't think A listers have to do that but some may have used sex / favors to get ahead at some point in time. The young actresses I know are easy to abuse and it is rampant through every level of the industry, so i imagine some big name now were little sluts back in the day. 
But some people just make it on their talent and would never do anything like that.

Back
Top Bottom