Athletes who are known for being owned by another athlete

Originally Posted by JPZx

Zidane_headbutt.jpg

Errr you realise he got sent off and his team went on to lose the World Cup Final? Unless you mean Matterazzi owned Zidane.

Originally Posted by Professor YKK

Only about 1/5 of the posts in here got it right. Read the thread title, it isn't "Random instances in sports where one athlete owned another athlete". It went from being semi-interesting to just repetitive and mundane.

As an accurate example, Joe Frazier falls into this category in terms of how he's perceived by your average sports fan.
Thank you...but to crap on the point:

Walter Jones vs. every defensive end from 1997 to 2009

23 sacks given up in 5,703 pass plays
called for holding 9 times in 180 starts

Originally Posted by Professor YKK

Only about 1/5 of the posts in here got it right. Read the thread title, it isn't "Random instances in sports where one athlete owned another athlete". It went from being semi-interesting to just repetitive and mundane.

As an accurate example, Joe Frazier falls into this category in terms of how he's perceived by your average sports fan.
Thank you...but to crap on the point:

Walter Jones vs. every defensive end from 1997 to 2009

23 sacks given up in 5,703 pass plays
called for holding 9 times in 180 starts

not sure if this was posted already but Chipper Jones owned The New York Mets so much that he even name one of his kids Shea.

not sure if this was posted already but Chipper Jones owned The New York Mets so much that he even name one of his kids Shea.

Pedro & the Yankees for sure fit in this category... I remember that damn quote "I just tip my cap and call the yankees my daddy" as a red sox fan I remember watching that and saying aloud "WHAT THE !$%@ DID HE JUST SAY?!?... 

Back
Top Bottom