Athletes You've Seen In Person

Haven't met too many...

Met Walter Jones and Freddy Garcia as a kid.
High fived Dirk Nowitzki at a Sonics game.
Kevin Durant when he was with the Sonics.
And saw Quincy Pondexter walking around at the mall.

Originally Posted by TheRealMcCoy12

Countless Michigan athletes on campus (Darryl Stonum was in one of my classes last year)Eric Maynor my freshmen year at VCU

glasses.gif

I transferred.

at work-
Calvin Pickering, saw various coworkers help Dennis Rodman, Micheal Cage(sans the curl), Mark McLemore..David Eckstein did a signing there, too...Cedric Bozeman, Benjie/Jose Molina...to name a few..all cool peeps
out and about-
Miles Simon at local dive during UofA days
got shunned for autographs by Straw and The Admiral
Shook KJs hand during shoot for "Forget Paris"
@ card shows-Sheff,Kirby(RIP),Doug Christie...

Who Id like to meet-PacMan, any NY Giant/LA Dodger/LA Laker

at work-
Calvin Pickering, saw various coworkers help Dennis Rodman, Micheal Cage(sans the curl), Mark McLemore..David Eckstein did a signing there, too...Cedric Bozeman, Benjie/Jose Molina...to name a few..all cool peeps
out and about-

at work-
out and about-

at work-
out and about-

I feel like I've seen too many to name over the years. Back when Matt Barnes played for the Kings he used to throw regular house parties at his place which was a few blocks down from me. They normally consisted of all his homies from high school, some of which had younger siblings who I knew, so they would let us come over and get $+$!@+ up and stuff on occasion. They were always super hospitable to the little homies.

I guess the biggest one would be Michael Jordan himself on a golf course in Santa Barbara. I was out golfing at a club that my cousin used to work at and he gave me the heads up Jordan was out there. I was grabbing a drink at a water fountain and dude zipped by me in a golf cart. He was like 2 feet from me, I tried to flag him down but he just nodded and kept rolling. Still was a cool moment for me.

Then I sat in the same row, a few seats away from Moses Malone at a Lebrons NBA debut here in Sac. Got to meet him and stuff, but I'm sure he was looking at me like "this kid has no idea who I am." My Dad's office had floor seats right behind the visitors bench and I was lucky enough to get a ticket to that game.

And I got some signed kicks from Gerald Wallace himself after a game back when he played for the Kings and rocked Reeboks.

I feel like I've seen too many to name over the years. Back when Matt Barnes played for the Kings he used to throw regular house parties at his place which was a few blocks down from me. They normally consisted of all his homies from high school, some of which had younger siblings who I knew, so they would let us come over and get $+$!@+ up and stuff on occasion. They were always super hospitable to the little homies.

I guess the biggest one would be Michael Jordan himself on a golf course in Santa Barbara. I was out golfing at a club that my cousin used to work at and he gave me the heads up Jordan was out there. I was grabbing a drink at a water fountain and dude zipped by me in a golf cart. He was like 2 feet from me, I tried to flag him down but he just nodded and kept rolling. Still was a cool moment for me.

Then I sat in the same row, a few seats away from Moses Malone at a Lebrons NBA debut here in Sac. Got to meet him and stuff, but I'm sure he was looking at me like "this kid has no idea who I am." My Dad's office had floor seats right behind the visitors bench and I was lucky enough to get a ticket to that game.

And I got some signed kicks from Gerald Wallace himself after a game back when he played for the Kings and rocked Reeboks.

Gilbert Arenas-Went to HS w him
Magic Johnson- Went to a movie premier he was an executive producer for (passing glory I think)
Kobe Bryant- Sat right next to him and his girl at Jerry's Deli when he was still FroB
Shaq-Bowled in the lane next to him
Byron Scott- His wife went to HS w my mom
Amare Staudamire- at Les Deux (club in hollywood)
Kenyon Martin, Lebron James, James Worthy, James Harden, Corey Dillon, Marcus Camby, Rasual Butler, Warren Sapp, Kenyon Martin, Lamar Odom (so many more I cant even think of) All shop or have shopped at my families shoe store

Gilbert Arenas-Went to HS w him
Magic Johnson- Went to a movie premier he was an executive producer for (passing glory I think)
Kobe Bryant- Sat right next to him and his girl at Jerry's Deli when he was still FroB
Shaq-Bowled in the lane next to him
Byron Scott- His wife went to HS w my mom
Amare Staudamire- at Les Deux (club in hollywood)
Kenyon Martin, Lebron James, James Worthy, James Harden, Corey Dillon, Marcus Camby, Rasual Butler, Warren Sapp, Kenyon Martin, Lamar Odom (so many more I cant even think of) All shop or have shopped at my families shoe store

saw nate robinson at a gas station near my house this summer and then saw him again the next day at the same spot
laugh.gif

shook hands with marcus trufant last winter.

saw nate robinson at a gas station near my house this summer and then saw him again the next day at the same spot
laugh.gif

shook hands with marcus trufant last winter.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Eugenio Velez in downtown SF. 
8612527e1ae0d661c655de296929f49acee2d60_r.jpg
C'mon dude, I know you've seen more than Velez.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I've seen Anthony Randolph, Andris Biedrins, Eli Whiteside, Pablo Sandoval, Alan Embree, Charlie Hayes, and Orlando Cepeda.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Eugenio Velez in downtown SF. 
C'mon dude, I know you've seen more than Velez.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I've seen Anthony Randolph, Andris Biedrins, Eli Whiteside, Pablo Sandoval, Alan Embree, Charlie Hayes, and Orlando Cepeda.

graduated with Greg Jennings in May 
ohwell.gif

Had classes with Louis Delmas
High school rivals with AL Horford
Know Kalin Lucas

graduated with Greg Jennings in May 
ohwell.gif

Had classes with Louis Delmas
High school rivals with AL Horford
Know Kalin Lucas

I met a bunch of players from the Philadelphia Flyers, they were staying at the same hotel as me in Toronto for a game a couple seasons ago.

I met a bunch of players from the Philadelphia Flyers, they were staying at the same hotel as me in Toronto for a game a couple seasons ago.

Met the 49ers D-line and some of the rookies (Iupati, Anthony Dixon) at a lounge in San Jose. Jerry Porter was there too hollering at super grenades. My dumb friend the audacity to go up to him and tell him hes third string and eff the raiders 
indifferent.gif
. Had to wait in the inside a little bit after closing while the manager squared away everything because him and his entourage was waiting for us
30t6p3b.gif

Met the 49ers D-line and some of the rookies (Iupati, Anthony Dixon) at a lounge in San Jose. Jerry Porter was there too hollering at super grenades. My dumb friend the audacity to go up to him and tell him hes third string and eff the raiders 
indifferent.gif
. Had to wait in the inside a little bit after closing while the manager squared away everything because him and his entourage was waiting for us
30t6p3b.gif

i met Gary Payton he was in the front of the Venetian in Vegas he was actually leaving, but I was still able to say wats up. He was gettin into the car though and he was with some other girl, but it didn't look anything like his wife. I don't know though

i met Gary Payton he was in the front of the Venetian in Vegas he was actually leaving, but I was still able to say wats up. He was gettin into the car though and he was with some other girl, but it didn't look anything like his wife. I don't know though

Back
Top Bottom