Attention All Footlocker Footaction Champs Employees You are about to be screwed!!!!

Great News.

Especially since I just got hired to work at FootLocker Today.

ohwell.gif

Great News.

Especially since I just got hired to work at FootLocker Today.

ohwell.gif

are they legally allowed to make you pay back for items you purchased with your discount if you go over the $500? I know if they will terminate your employment there, are you legally binded to forfeit the items back? I am thinking since we have a bill of sale, the items are no longer their property. so theoretically, I can spend $20k one day with my discount and just blow them off by ignoring them if they do try to contact me. It will take them a few days before auditors will see anything anyways.

are they legally allowed to make you pay back for items you purchased with your discount if you go over the $500? I know if they will terminate your employment there, are you legally binded to forfeit the items back? I am thinking since we have a bill of sale, the items are no longer their property. so theoretically, I can spend $20k one day with my discount and just blow them off by ignoring them if they do try to contact me. It will take them a few days before auditors will see anything anyways.

dmxgod wrote:
RockDeep wrote:
From a corporate point of view let me ask you all a rhetorical question:

If your CEO or Boss or Employer or even FRIEND said if you found $5000 and you could keep half as a bonus you would turn stuff upside down finding it to get the $2500.

In Corporate America many bonuses are based on how much profit you make and how much in operating costs you save the company. CEOs are there to make money and cut operating costs and overhead .

If cutting back discounts can save the company $5 Million off the top and add $500K to a $1 Million to his bonus check... he's going to do it.

So would many of you. You cant always look at it from the Sneaker Enthusiast or Employer point of view. Step back and look at it from the Business point of view. It will make all the sense in the world.

A Discount isnt a benefit. Its a perk. Big difference. Footlocker could easily decrease the Discount from 40 to 30 to 10% to nothing and just do a commission base position and there would be older folks who work in Macys or other retailers that come in and gladly take the position.

Footlocker knows those discounts will help rid itself of product because most of their employees are young and put that money right back into company, so once they give you your paycheck you give it right back.

Smart Business.
Shut this thread down after Rock just stated this FACT..get outta with that BS organize protest crap OP

Good points all around but my original argument..or point rather was to inform FTL employees that they are getting screwed, hence the title of the thread.  
I still feel that way no argument so far has persuaded me otherwise.  The main reason FTL employees work there is for the benfit or perk and now that will be getting cut. 
FTL has got a great thing going in Cheap labor and employees that will purchase product to help the company move sales. 
If you ask many employees why they work there its for the discount not for the wage. 
This is Niketalk a sneaker community based website, where everyones thoughts should be heard and considered.   
Yes many CEO's will do exactly that nothing new there, but I beg to differ that all CEO's will do exactly that and be sucessfull.  While getting my MBA I did hundreds of case studies on all types of corporations throughout the world.  I learned that not all cost cutting savings tools work.  There are other ways to run a company without taking advantage of your employees, and caring about them.  Take Chick fil-A the Fast food restaruant in the South for example.  The CEO/owner closes the store every sunday so that employees can be with thier families. 
Closing a fast food restaurant on a Sunday is not good for business.  But that is a choice that he made to help his/her workers.  I dont know how many of you know about Chick Fil-A, but if you do you know that they are one of the busiest fast food chains around and the company does well every year.   
I do have to admit to a bias that I am pro union and have seen personally how companies treat non unionized workers.  I work in a hotel and the things that the owners will get over on you is crazy. 
I will summarize that I learned from this thread that FTL employees either dont care or have not realized how they will be affected.  Those that are not FTL employees are for the most part non sympatehic to what the CEO has done.   
Maybe I have overjudged the reaction of employees that I have spoken to... but it has been interesting reading all of your responses 

dmxgod wrote:
RockDeep wrote:

If your CEO or Boss or Employer or even FRIEND said if you found $5000 and you could keep half as a bonus you would turn stuff upside down finding it to get the $2500.

In Corporate America many bonuses are based on how much profit you make and how much in operating costs you save the company. CEOs are there to make money and cut operating costs and overhead .

If cutting back discounts can save the company $5 Million off the top and add $500K to a $1 Million to his bonus check... he's going to do it.

So would many of you. You cant always look at it from the Sneaker Enthusiast or Employer point of view. Step back and look at it from the Business point of view. It will make all the sense in the world.

A Discount isnt a benefit. Its a perk. Big difference. Footlocker could easily decrease the Discount from 40 to 30 to 10% to nothing and just do a commission base position and there would be older folks who work in Macys or other retailers that come in and gladly take the position.

Footlocker knows those discounts will help rid itself of product because most of their employees are young and put that money right back into company, so once they give you your paycheck you give it right back.

Smart Business.
Shut this thread down after Rock just stated this FACT..get outta with that BS organize protest crap OP

Good points all around but my original argument..or point rather was to inform FTL employees that they are getting screwed, hence the title of the thread.  
I still feel that way no argument so far has persuaded me otherwise.  The main reason FTL employees work there is for the benfit or perk and now that will be getting cut. 
FTL has got a great thing going in Cheap labor and employees that will purchase product to help the company move sales. 
If you ask many employees why they work there its for the discount not for the wage. 
This is Niketalk a sneaker community based website, where everyones thoughts should be heard and considered.   
Yes many CEO's will do exactly that nothing new there, but I beg to differ that all CEO's will do exactly that and be sucessfull.  While getting my MBA I did hundreds of case studies on all types of corporations throughout the world.  I learned that not all cost cutting savings tools work.  There are other ways to run a company without taking advantage of your employees, and caring about them.  Take Chick fil-A the Fast food restaruant in the South for example.  The CEO/owner closes the store every sunday so that employees can be with thier families. 
Closing a fast food restaurant on a Sunday is not good for business.  But that is a choice that he made to help his/her workers.  I dont know how many of you know about Chick Fil-A, but if you do you know that they are one of the busiest fast food chains around and the company does well every year.   
I do have to admit to a bias that I am pro union and have seen personally how companies treat non unionized workers.  I work in a hotel and the things that the owners will get over on you is crazy. 
I will summarize that I learned from this thread that FTL employees either dont care or have not realized how they will be affected.  Those that are not FTL employees are for the most part non sympatehic to what the CEO has done.   
Maybe I have overjudged the reaction of employees that I have spoken to... but it has been interesting reading all of your responses 

poor management --> disgruntled workers--> less motivation to work --> less sales --> failure

unions are sometimes a necessary evil, my best friend hates unions because it protects the lazy ones that are fortunate to be in one (hertz, post office, ....) however, for pilots such as the ones for spirit air who recently had a strike because they were underpaid compared to the industry standards.

Footlocker hires very low skilled workers and most are either in pursuit of their education or not having one. Therefore, it leads to footlocker taking advantage of those people and it doesn't help that they are so easily replaced either.

I hate working for Footlocker and if it wasn't for the discount I wouldn't even put in the effort to "work"

I make more money sitting at home but its sad to see footlocker is going towards this direction.

I worked because of the discount, I spend so much on shoes its not even funny so it was worth it for me to work there. With a $500 limit placed, I am better off not working for them. I'll be better off getting a fake military id. lol

poor management --> disgruntled workers--> less motivation to work --> less sales --> failure

unions are sometimes a necessary evil, my best friend hates unions because it protects the lazy ones that are fortunate to be in one (hertz, post office, ....) however, for pilots such as the ones for spirit air who recently had a strike because they were underpaid compared to the industry standards.

Footlocker hires very low skilled workers and most are either in pursuit of their education or not having one. Therefore, it leads to footlocker taking advantage of those people and it doesn't help that they are so easily replaced either.

I hate working for Footlocker and if it wasn't for the discount I wouldn't even put in the effort to "work"

I make more money sitting at home but its sad to see footlocker is going towards this direction.

I worked because of the discount, I spend so much on shoes its not even funny so it was worth it for me to work there. With a $500 limit placed, I am better off not working for them. I'll be better off getting a fake military id. lol

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by air max 87

Originally Posted by RockDeep

Smart Business.

hows the frauding business going forbes?

someone sounds mad they aint gonna be able to buy 1000 dollars worth of sneakers anymore
laugh.gif
nah homie, this doesnt effect me in the slightest bit
laugh.gif

its not that serious.

what this could do is just lead to worst kind of employee and perhaps higher theft.

footlocker inc isnt losing that much money in terms of discount because all the good employees are too paranoid to use their discount to use lose their jobs.

they have measures set in place so that employees cant use their discount wild OD, this is just them puttin the hammer down even more so they make more profit, i dont blame them
laugh.gif

at the end of the day, discounts are gonna be given out, it isnt that hard to circumvent the system.

and rockdeep didnt shut the thread down, he gave a basic business break down, it isnt that hard if you have common sense
laugh.gif

but like i previously stated, you dude that are CHEAP and theirs alot of you NTers that are, about to get cut off.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by air max 87

Originally Posted by RockDeep

Smart Business.

hows the frauding business going forbes?

someone sounds mad they aint gonna be able to buy 1000 dollars worth of sneakers anymore
laugh.gif
nah homie, this doesnt effect me in the slightest bit
laugh.gif

its not that serious.

what this could do is just lead to worst kind of employee and perhaps higher theft.

footlocker inc isnt losing that much money in terms of discount because all the good employees are too paranoid to use their discount to use lose their jobs.

they have measures set in place so that employees cant use their discount wild OD, this is just them puttin the hammer down even more so they make more profit, i dont blame them
laugh.gif

at the end of the day, discounts are gonna be given out, it isnt that hard to circumvent the system.

and rockdeep didnt shut the thread down, he gave a basic business break down, it isnt that hard if you have common sense
laugh.gif

but like i previously stated, you dude that are CHEAP and theirs alot of you NTers that are, about to get cut off.

Originally Posted by Raices03

Good points all around but my original argument..or point rather was to inform FTL employees that they are getting screwed, hence the title of the thread.  I still feel that way no argument so far has persuaded me otherwise.  The main reason FTL employees work there is for the benfit or perk and now that will be getting cut. 

I agree 100% that ALL CEO's dont operate that way... only the one's which are driven to increase their salary or bonus by cost cutting measures to save the companies overhead and operating costs.  What I explained earlier can NOT work for ALL big business or all small businesses....but it works for those who employees as you say can be taken advantage of or are just plain expendable.
Imagine if Footlocker decided to decrease its staff and change its store structure to be more like a payless where you picked your own shoes off its shelves or simply like a Nike Outlet or ES.  What would they lose there?  Customer Service?  Small price to pay when they can make it appear as though they are giving the consumer easier access to its product without the hassle of a salesmen either over doing their job or not doing it at all.

I'd say Footlocker has the upper hand in this situation period.  They could wipe out 90% of their sales positions and increase the stock room positions by 5% and still sell everything they were selling before.  Just add security measures like they have at their Outlets and Employee stores.Said higher theft is eliminated.   Whats to protest then?

Good points all around but my original argument..or point rather was to inform FTL employees that they are getting screwed, hence the title of the thread.  I still feel that way no argument so far has persuaded me otherwise.  The main reason FTL employees work there is for the benfit or perk and now that will be getting cut. 

I agree 100% that ALL CEO's dont operate that way... only the one's which are driven to increase their salary or bonus by cost cutting measures to save the companies overhead and operating costs.  What I explained earlier can NOT work for ALL big business or all small businesses....but it works for those who employees as you say can be taken advantage of or are just plain expendable.
Imagine if Footlocker decided to decrease its staff and change its store structure to be more like a payless where you picked your own shoes off its shelves or simply like a Nike Outlet or ES.  What would they lose there?  Customer Service?  Small price to pay when they can make it appear as though they are giving the consumer easier access to its product without the hassle of a salesmen either over doing their job or not doing it at all.

I'd say Footlocker has the upper hand in this situation period.  They could wipe out 90% of their sales positions and increase the stock room positions by 5% and still sell everything they were selling before.  Just add security measures like they have at their Outlets and Employee stores.Said higher theft is eliminated.   Whats to protest then?

dmxgod wrote:

RockDeep wrote:

Smart Business.

That's like the third of fourth time you mentioned that...so what are you telling me...employees ONLY work there for the discount and not the actual PAY??? I find that hard to believe...Contray to your opinion ALOT of "mall" based sneakerstores I visit have ALOT of employees that either could care less about sneakers...or don't make enough to blow money on sneakers instead spending money on other things..like I don't know...RENT...FOOD..CAR PAYMENTS etc...here's s question...if the CEO changed your compensation to let's say 20% reduction in actual salary..and gave you a 10% increase in discount...your telling me you would be cool with that????

BTW...It's not that I'm not sympathetic it's just that I don't think you realize that even with a cap you guys are STILL coming out ahead...You keep mentioning other industries trying to compare...Give me another industry that gives its employees 40%??? industry standard..even in retail hovers around 25% to 30%....I'm in corporate banking and a discount is laughable...that's what we get a pay check for...Don't grow up feeling like you should Just be given something...the higher you go up the food chain the more your "compensation" IS your JOB.

dmxgod wrote:

RockDeep wrote:

Smart Business.

That's like the third of fourth time you mentioned that...so what are you telling me...employees ONLY work there for the discount and not the actual PAY??? I find that hard to believe...Contray to your opinion ALOT of "mall" based sneakerstores I visit have ALOT of employees that either could care less about sneakers...or don't make enough to blow money on sneakers instead spending money on other things..like I don't know...RENT...FOOD..CAR PAYMENTS etc...here's s question...if the CEO changed your compensation to let's say 20% reduction in actual salary..and gave you a 10% increase in discount...your telling me you would be cool with that????

BTW...It's not that I'm not sympathetic it's just that I don't think you realize that even with a cap you guys are STILL coming out ahead...You keep mentioning other industries trying to compare...Give me another industry that gives its employees 40%??? industry standard..even in retail hovers around 25% to 30%....I'm in corporate banking and a discount is laughable...that's what we get a pay check for...Don't grow up feeling like you should Just be given something...the higher you go up the food chain the more your "compensation" IS your JOB.

Idk how much of a fact the 7.25/hr avg pay rate is, but the reason they had to change the policy is because it was simply being abused. Too many employees would buy everything for their friends, making multiple purchases in a day, and buying multiple release day products. The memo mentioned that the limit would be adjusted throughout the year, so hopefully it'll get raised on Employee Appreciation. If someone's only concern in working for FTL is to get a discount on shoes, they should look into another career that affords them enough money to buy a pair of shoes 100 dollars above retail without even thinking of it.  Btw, the worst customers are friends of associates. They get stuff at a great discount, want to try on every shoe, examine each and every shoes, and half the time come back to exchange it.

Idk how much of a fact the 7.25/hr avg pay rate is, but the reason they had to change the policy is because it was simply being abused. Too many employees would buy everything for their friends, making multiple purchases in a day, and buying multiple release day products. The memo mentioned that the limit would be adjusted throughout the year, so hopefully it'll get raised on Employee Appreciation. If someone's only concern in working for FTL is to get a discount on shoes, they should look into another career that affords them enough money to buy a pair of shoes 100 dollars above retail without even thinking of it.  Btw, the worst customers are friends of associates. They get stuff at a great discount, want to try on every shoe, examine each and every shoes, and half the time come back to exchange it.

there seems to be alot of disagreeing here lol, but im not trying to add fuel to any fire just want to throw my 2 cents
first off i work two jobs and i would say i make a decent amount of money to afford what i like but i dnt think ive ever spend over 500 in FTL,champ, etc but i know some who do!!
the discount to 40% isnt all that bad actually at least in my eyes, sure im guna miss the hell out the 50% but a discount is a discount anything below retail is good for me....and someone mentioned it earlier that these companies are doing just fine, u need to understand that there are alot and i mean ALOT of kicks that collect dust there and with out a discount they will only sit there longer call me cheap but i prefer bargain hunter lol sorry i dont have a 40k or more job but i manage with what i have and glad to see that the discount have been taking away...i do plan on working at one of these companies soon just as a part-time gig for ?? the "discount" but if that NEW discount is true then sooo be it not saying im all that thrilled but "something is better then nothing" like my MOMS use to say hahaha sorry with the back and forth ranting just wanted to say a few things

there seems to be alot of disagreeing here lol, but im not trying to add fuel to any fire just want to throw my 2 cents
first off i work two jobs and i would say i make a decent amount of money to afford what i like but i dnt think ive ever spend over 500 in FTL,champ, etc but i know some who do!!
the discount to 40% isnt all that bad actually at least in my eyes, sure im guna miss the hell out the 50% but a discount is a discount anything below retail is good for me....and someone mentioned it earlier that these companies are doing just fine, u need to understand that there are alot and i mean ALOT of kicks that collect dust there and with out a discount they will only sit there longer call me cheap but i prefer bargain hunter lol sorry i dont have a 40k or more job but i manage with what i have and glad to see that the discount have been taking away...i do plan on working at one of these companies soon just as a part-time gig for ?? the "discount" but if that NEW discount is true then sooo be it not saying im all that thrilled but "something is better then nothing" like my MOMS use to say hahaha sorry with the back and forth ranting just wanted to say a few things

Originally Posted by NotoriousMJ23

Niketalk is home of the cheap skates.
Dudes on here are some of the cheapest people I've ever seen.
I am standing, applauding you right now.

CHURCH

Back
Top Bottom