Attention All Footlocker Footaction Champs Employees You are about to be screwed!!!!

Originally Posted by NotoriousMJ23

Niketalk is home of the cheap skates.
Dudes on here are some of the cheapest people I've ever seen.
I am standing, applauding you right now.

CHURCH

Originally Posted by Dilated1200

Idk how much of a fact the 7.25/hr avg pay rate is, but the reason they had to change the policy is because it was simply being abused. Too many employees would buy everything for their friends, making multiple purchases in a day, and buying multiple release day products. The memo mentioned that the limit would be adjusted throughout the year, so hopefully it'll get raised on Employee Appreciation. If someone's only concern in working for FTL is to get a discount on shoes, they should look into another career that affords them enough money to buy a pair of shoes 100 dollars above retail without even thinking of it.  Btw, the worst customers are friends of associates. They get stuff at a great discount, want to try on every shoe, examine each and every shoes, and half the time come back to exchange it.
you said it right Dilated1200. im an employee part time i also have a career im not mad at all about the discount cards cause its better for me anyway ill usually have a month old check stub and the store would have to call my stor to do a legit check. so im happy about the cards. one thing i hate is when you use ya discount in another city or area they looking at you all crazy and asking crazy questions like they are mad you got a check stub, and some even state yo have to buy a sock, shoe cleaner etc i give em the whateva look and say i have so much of this stuff in my crib im good.

Originally Posted by Dilated1200

Idk how much of a fact the 7.25/hr avg pay rate is, but the reason they had to change the policy is because it was simply being abused. Too many employees would buy everything for their friends, making multiple purchases in a day, and buying multiple release day products. The memo mentioned that the limit would be adjusted throughout the year, so hopefully it'll get raised on Employee Appreciation. If someone's only concern in working for FTL is to get a discount on shoes, they should look into another career that affords them enough money to buy a pair of shoes 100 dollars above retail without even thinking of it.  Btw, the worst customers are friends of associates. They get stuff at a great discount, want to try on every shoe, examine each and every shoes, and half the time come back to exchange it.
you said it right Dilated1200. im an employee part time i also have a career im not mad at all about the discount cards cause its better for me anyway ill usually have a month old check stub and the store would have to call my stor to do a legit check. so im happy about the cards. one thing i hate is when you use ya discount in another city or area they looking at you all crazy and asking crazy questions like they are mad you got a check stub, and some even state yo have to buy a sock, shoe cleaner etc i give em the whateva look and say i have so much of this stuff in my crib im good.

Can someone explain to me why shoe cleaner is pushed so hard? lol I read why a few years back in a FTL thread and I THINK it has something to do with PURE profit but I forget cause when I read it I always crack up wondering whats the deal with shoe cleaner...

Can someone explain to me why shoe cleaner is pushed so hard? lol I read why a few years back in a FTL thread and I THINK it has something to do with PURE profit but I forget cause when I read it I always crack up wondering whats the deal with shoe cleaner...

Rockdeep, that is correct. Shoe cleaner, insoles, and footlocker brand socks have an enormous markup from cost. And they aren't having to buy it from another company, like Nike socks, it is mostly profit

Rockdeep, that is correct. Shoe cleaner, insoles, and footlocker brand socks have an enormous markup from cost. And they aren't having to buy it from another company, like Nike socks, it is mostly profit

as a paying customer with friends that work for the company, im appreciative of any hookup i get and comply with whatever asterisks there are as long as they make financial sense to me. if the parameters are changing, i have to adjust accordingly because the last thing i want is to get someone in trouble thats trying to help me out.

as a paying customer with friends that work for the company, im appreciative of any hookup i get and comply with whatever asterisks there are as long as they make financial sense to me. if the parameters are changing, i have to adjust accordingly because the last thing i want is to get someone in trouble thats trying to help me out.

Originally Posted by bigsupa

SO IT SEEMS LIKE MY OPERATION MIGHT BE TERMINATED...SMH
STOP FLAUNTING THIS... didn't you already get employees fired...
im not even trying to flame or throw shots but what good do you think will come from bragging about this? 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by bigsupa

SO IT SEEMS LIKE MY OPERATION MIGHT BE TERMINATED...SMH
STOP FLAUNTING THIS... didn't you already get employees fired...
im not even trying to flame or throw shots but what good do you think will come from bragging about this? 
eyes.gif

I see it like this.
There is ways around anything.
If someone uses there limit, ask someone else.
Each store has atleast 5-6 employees at the very least
So maybe Billy Bob might a sneakerhead, but patty sue may not be.

So after Billy bob using his limit, I'm sure patty sue will let him use his.

Simple and plain.. No rocket scientist needed.

There are ways around alot of things

Expect alot of military discounts to be handed out instead of 30% now. That's gonna get abused heavenly!

And this isn't me complaining.. Just me stating facts.

I'm a FootLocker employee, but that's my weekend job.. I'm in the medical field.

And their are alot of employees are just working their to either A. Get discounts B. Just be near sneakers C. Have a slight advance to be able to have release date shoes easily and hold shoes In the back. D. Hook up friends or make side money.

I live and have worked in 2 malls.. A little less than 2 miles apart..
And outta 2 FootLocker, a Footaction, a champs, 2 center city sports, and a kids FootLocker.. There is probably 4-5 people who solely work just for the money and have no interest in sneakers.

And people you in this thread need to keep it real. Not everyone, but a couple of you guys aren't telling the truth,
Saying that they don't spend $500 in a month on sneakers.. When some of the people in this thread send me $500 at a time via paypal just for the weekend releases.

I see it like this.
There is ways around anything.
If someone uses there limit, ask someone else.
Each store has atleast 5-6 employees at the very least
So maybe Billy Bob might a sneakerhead, but patty sue may not be.

So after Billy bob using his limit, I'm sure patty sue will let him use his.

Simple and plain.. No rocket scientist needed.

There are ways around alot of things

Expect alot of military discounts to be handed out instead of 30% now. That's gonna get abused heavenly!

And this isn't me complaining.. Just me stating facts.

I'm a FootLocker employee, but that's my weekend job.. I'm in the medical field.

And their are alot of employees are just working their to either A. Get discounts B. Just be near sneakers C. Have a slight advance to be able to have release date shoes easily and hold shoes In the back. D. Hook up friends or make side money.

I live and have worked in 2 malls.. A little less than 2 miles apart..
And outta 2 FootLocker, a Footaction, a champs, 2 center city sports, and a kids FootLocker.. There is probably 4-5 people who solely work just for the money and have no interest in sneakers.

And people you in this thread need to keep it real. Not everyone, but a couple of you guys aren't telling the truth,
Saying that they don't spend $500 in a month on sneakers.. When some of the people in this thread send me $500 at a time via paypal just for the weekend releases.

Originally Posted by blackiceblaze

CHURCH

I think these are some of the dumbest comments. 

I will definitely be the first that I'll try to negotiate or "haggle" for a better price.

I work in banking and I have some wealthy clients.  You might be surprised that some of them actually drive hondas and hybrids because they're more economical.  They don't all drive mercedes or bmw's.  And they do shop around and negotiate the best prices.  One couple drove 85 miles to get a car for $2500 below retail. 

So call it what you will, but some would say smart business.

CHURCH

I will definitely be the first that I'll try to negotiate or "haggle" for a better price.

I work in banking and I have some wealthy clients.  You might be surprised that some of them actually drive hondas and hybrids because they're more economical.  They don't all drive mercedes or bmw's.  And they do shop around and negotiate the best prices.  One couple drove 85 miles to get a car for $2500 below retail. 

Originally Posted by 555fresh

CHURCH

ManI'm sorry but cheap Is cheapAnd sneakers and cars are totally different things.A Honda is worth and cost more than sneakers.. Can't compare those.And there a difference.And theres one thing to bargain or whatever you wanna call it, But theres another thing for a person to want you to drive 25 miles plus to a HOH waste gas, time, money.. And not wanna tip and they want the shoes for retail plus shipping. LolWhat?! CrazyAlways want a discount.Always want you take a couple dollars off.Always somethingI'm sorry, but I'll say it again.There should be a billboard reading.. (and this pointed to every Niketalker... But it's Niketalk as a whole)Niketalk.. Home of the Cheap Skates and Low Ballers.

Originally Posted by 555fresh

CHURCH

ManI'm sorry but cheap Is cheapAnd sneakers and cars are totally different things.A Honda is worth and cost more than sneakers.. Can't compare those.And there a difference.And theres one thing to bargain or whatever you wanna call it, But theres another thing for a person to want you to drive 25 miles plus to a HOH waste gas, time, money.. And not wanna tip and they want the shoes for retail plus shipping. LolWhat?! CrazyAlways want a discount.Always want you take a couple dollars off.Always somethingI'm sorry, but I'll say it again.There should be a billboard reading.. (and this pointed to every Niketalker... But it's Niketalk as a whole)Niketalk.. Home of the Cheap Skates and Low Ballers.

Originally Posted by RockDeep

Originally Posted by Raices03

Good points all around but my original argument..or point rather was to inform FTL employees that they are getting screwed, hence the title of the thread.  I still feel that way no argument so far has persuaded me otherwise.  The main reason FTL employees work there is for the benfit or perk and now that will be getting cut. 
FTL has got a great thing going in Cheap labor and employees that will purchase product to help the company move sales. 
If you ask many employees why they work there its for the discount not for the wage. 
This is Niketalk a sneaker community based website, where everyones thoughts should be heard and considered.   
Yes many CEO's will do exactly that nothing new there, but I beg to differ that all CEO's will do exactly that and be sucessfull.  While getting my MBA I did hundreds of case studies on all types of corporations throughout the world.  I learned that not all cost cutting savings tools work.  There are other ways to run a company without taking advantage of your employees, and caring about them.  Take Chick fil-A the Fast food restaruant in the South for example.  The CEO/owner closes the store every sunday so that employees can be with thier families. 
Closing a fast food restaurant on a Sunday is not good for business.  But that is a choice that he made to help his/her workers.  I dont know how many of you know about Chick Fil-A, but if you do you know that they are one of the busiest fast food chains around and the company does well every year.   
I do have to admit to a bias that I am pro union and have seen personally how companies treat non unionized workers.  I work in a hotel and the things that the owners will get over on you is crazy. 
I will summarize that I learned from this thread that FTL employees either dont care or have not realized how they will be affected.  Those that are not FTL employees are for the most part non sympatehic to what the CEO has done.   
Maybe I have overjudged the reaction of employees that I have spoken to... but it has been interesting reading all of your responses 

I agree 100% that ALL CEO's dont operate that way... only the one's which are driven to increase their salary or bonus by cost cutting measures to save the companies overhead and operating costs.  What I explained earlier can NOT work for ALL big business or all small businesses....but it works for those who employees as you say can be taken advantage of or are just plain expendable.
Imagine if Footlocker decided to decrease its staff and change its store structure to be more like a payless where you picked your own shoes off its shelves or simply like a Nike Outlet or ES.  What would they lose there?  Customer Service?  Small price to pay when they can make it appear as though they are giving the consumer easier access to its product without the hassle of a salesmen either over doing their job or not doing it at all.

I'd say Footlocker has the upper hand in this situation period.  They could wipe out 90% of their sales positions and increase the stock room positions by 5% and still sell everything they were selling before.  Just add security measures like they have at their Outlets and Employee stores.Said higher theft is eliminated.   Whats to protest then?

In all truthfulness Rock, they might as well do like Outlets. The sales staff 99% of the time aren't knowledgeable or passionate about kicks. Every time I ask a question I get a puzzled look as if I'm not speaking english. I'm shocked when I do find someone who knows something about kicks. Then the only thing they really do is go to the back and bring you the box anyway. I remember when they used to fix the laces for you. Now they don't even remove the paper inserts.

Good points all around but my original argument..or point rather was to inform FTL employees that they are getting screwed, hence the title of the thread.  I still feel that way no argument so far has persuaded me otherwise.  The main reason FTL employees work there is for the benfit or perk and now that will be getting cut. 
FTL has got a great thing going in Cheap labor and employees that will purchase product to help the company move sales. 
If you ask many employees why they work there its for the discount not for the wage. 
This is Niketalk a sneaker community based website, where everyones thoughts should be heard and considered.   
Yes many CEO's will do exactly that nothing new there, but I beg to differ that all CEO's will do exactly that and be sucessfull.  While getting my MBA I did hundreds of case studies on all types of corporations throughout the world.  I learned that not all cost cutting savings tools work.  There are other ways to run a company without taking advantage of your employees, and caring about them.  Take Chick fil-A the Fast food restaruant in the South for example.  The CEO/owner closes the store every sunday so that employees can be with thier families. 
Closing a fast food restaurant on a Sunday is not good for business.  But that is a choice that he made to help his/her workers.  I dont know how many of you know about Chick Fil-A, but if you do you know that they are one of the busiest fast food chains around and the company does well every year.   
I do have to admit to a bias that I am pro union and have seen personally how companies treat non unionized workers.  I work in a hotel and the things that the owners will get over on you is crazy. 
I will summarize that I learned from this thread that FTL employees either dont care or have not realized how they will be affected.  Those that are not FTL employees are for the most part non sympatehic to what the CEO has done.   
Maybe I have overjudged the reaction of employees that I have spoken to... but it has been interesting reading all of your responses 

I agree 100% that ALL CEO's dont operate that way... only the one's which are driven to increase their salary or bonus by cost cutting measures to save the companies overhead and operating costs.  What I explained earlier can NOT work for ALL big business or all small businesses....but it works for those who employees as you say can be taken advantage of or are just plain expendable.
Imagine if Footlocker decided to decrease its staff and change its store structure to be more like a payless where you picked your own shoes off its shelves or simply like a Nike Outlet or ES.  What would they lose there?  Customer Service?  Small price to pay when they can make it appear as though they are giving the consumer easier access to its product without the hassle of a salesmen either over doing their job or not doing it at all.

I'd say Footlocker has the upper hand in this situation period.  They could wipe out 90% of their sales positions and increase the stock room positions by 5% and still sell everything they were selling before.  Just add security measures like they have at their Outlets and Employee stores.Said higher theft is eliminated.   Whats to protest then?

In all truthfulness Rock, they might as well do like Outlets. The sales staff 99% of the time aren't knowledgeable or passionate about kicks. Every time I ask a question I get a puzzled look as if I'm not speaking english. I'm shocked when I do find someone who knows something about kicks. Then the only thing they really do is go to the back and bring you the box anyway. I remember when they used to fix the laces for you. Now they don't even remove the paper inserts.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Your right.But usually for me, it's the girls that don't know about kicks

Originally Posted by Flight8403

One day you will look back and realize how immature and childish it looks to even think about protesting the employee discount on shoes.
How ever will you live without being able to buy 3 foamposites in a month? Is there anything I can do to ease the pain? Like someone mentioned earlier don't complain about $7 something an hour if $500/mo on shoes is too little. 

Word, wait until they get a real job in corporate America and get to witness the things that go on. You better get used to change.

No reason to protest, you have no advantage. You're easily replaceable. Mall job, discount on kicks, college kids and 10% unemployment? You can't replace Lebron or Peyton Manning, who bring in billions, and they might be locked out. What do you think will happen? They'll have have five applicants for your spot as soon as your protest is announced.

Originally Posted by Flight8403

One day you will look back and realize how immature and childish it looks to even think about protesting the employee discount on shoes.
How ever will you live without being able to buy 3 foamposites in a month? Is there anything I can do to ease the pain? Like someone mentioned earlier don't complain about $7 something an hour if $500/mo on shoes is too little. 

Word, wait until they get a real job in corporate America and get to witness the things that go on. You better get used to change.

No reason to protest, you have no advantage. You're easily replaceable. Mall job, discount on kicks, college kids and 10% unemployment? You can't replace Lebron or Peyton Manning, who bring in billions, and they might be locked out. What do you think will happen? They'll have have five applicants for your spot as soon as your protest is announced.

Back
Top Bottom