Bates Motel: Season 3 premieres 3/9/15

Shelby found and killed the Asian girl that ran away. They said that in the ep after Shelby died.

Keith Summers part in the sex slave trafficking was providing the place they would stay. They alluded to that throughout and mentioned it more than once. Not that it was ever something that was that important. The show was not going to get in to what the 3 of them provided to the operation. As for believability, meh, I know they exist in America right now for one but this show has been vague on what time frame it is set in anyway. Wouldn't call Keith Summers the town drunk, he owned and ran a motel before the bank took it from him and at best you could call him the dumb one of the 3. Shelby just wasn't some regular old dirty cop. dude was manipulative and pretty shrewd.

The sheriff still has mystery to him but he has reasons that he hasn't fully revealed for not wanting it to be known that his deputy was running a sex trafficking ring under his nose along with a guy he called a friend. Again I didn't see Abernathy/Joe as some big villain, he was just another one of the obstacles that existed in the town just like the dude who set Bradley's pops on fire and the guy running the weed farm that got that guy lynched will end up being. Right after Dylan got his job he was told that things get handled on there own eventually in that town. All Abernathy did was run a sex traffic op in multiple towns along the coast and profited.

I agree some issues and questions were raised and dropped abruptly or left for distractions but not everything was that vague or unanswered.

Last edited:
Shelby found and killed the Asian girl that ran away. They said that in the ep after Shelby died.

Keith Summers part in the sex slave trafficking was providing the place they would stay. They alluded to that throughout and mentioned it more than once. Not that it was ever something that was that important. The show was not going to get in to what the 3 of them provided to the operation. As for believability, meh, I know they exist in America right now for one but this show has been vague on what time frame it is set in anyway. Wouldn't call Keith Summers the town drunk, he owned and ran a motel before the bank took it from him and at best you could call him the dumb one of the 3. Shelby just wasn't some regular old dirty cop. dude was manipulative and pretty shrewd.

The sheriff still has mystery to him but he has reasons that he hasn't fully revealed for not wanting it to be known that his deputy was running a sex trafficking ring under his nose along with a guy he called a friend. Again I didn't see Abernathy/Joe as some big villain, he was just another one of the obstacles that existed in the town just like the dude who set Bradley's pops on fire and the guy running the weed farm that got that guy lynched will end up being. Right after Dylan got his job he was told that things get handled on there own eventually in that town. All Abernathy did was run a sex traffic op in multiple towns along the coast and profited.

I agree some issues and questions were raised and dropped abruptly or left for distractions but not everything was that vague or unanswered.

it has to be set in current times, look at the iphone's they are using

:lol: I'll be the first one to admit, that I'm not exactly a big fan of this show.

If I didn't love Vera Farmiga or forget to cancel the DVR or if they didn't bring in the brother and give cystic fibrosis girl a bigger part...I probably wouldn't even notice this show was still going. But all of that did happen, and it's been an alright little Wonderfalls meets American Horror Story thing to watch some random night at 2 in the morning And I've sincerely liked a lot of the things they've set up along the way.

I like the style. I like the town. I like Emma. I like what Vera's been doing with her character. I like the weed farms. I like the _-ness of the show, yaknow what I mean? I think it's funny how almost everyone has I'm gonna cry eyes. I like how they spell everything out for you and repeat it 5 times so you won't get confused. It's simple, ****** up, comfort food TV. The ultimate 'something to pass out to' show.

...Until this episode.

The stupidity and indifference to the characters, their circumstances, their personal journeys...The tensions of this story were so badly handled. I've seen this before. This is what American Horror Story felt like midway through. As if the creators didn't give a **** and were just throwing crap at the wall. But....there was one divining moment when the series turned and you realized they had a plan this whole time.

At this point, I think I'm obligated to mention that one of the creators of Lost is behind this show. These guys do not have a plan. All they wanted to do was get their quirky little Twin Peaks characters set up, and they get the circus moving. They don't want to do anything with these characters, except show off how _ they are, then kick em out the door.

Like Lost, it feels like they just wrote a list of every messed up, small town with secrets idea they had and pushed em all out. And for once there was real pressure. No more stalling. You can't put anything off for next episode or throw it on the backburner or have someone run in and distract you from it for now. You gotta show your cards and prove the time was worth it.

And those are their cards. :rofl: I mean, I watched the finale live. That's my fault for getting invested. That's like having Chipotle cater your wedding.

I'll be back next season, though. I just know better now.

Last edited:
This show fell off just like The Following.
it was consistent throughout in my opinion

you can't hit people with a huge twist every

finale  and expect the show not to fall off ..the finale 

wrapped things up fine

you had incredible character development throughout and

they tied things up well in my opinion

Last edited:
:lol: ONeg I swear any of the creators attached to LOST will seem to poison anything else they touch for ppl who are still frustrated and mad with the final season. I agree for the most part but I never put this show in the frame of mystery after mystery and it needs to be answered/solved in a specific amount of time, word to my last post. It isn't anywhere close to compelling. The show isn't that good and the acting isn't that good. Can't really say I was invested, it's just that Monday nights have been pretty dry cuz of a few season finales and the holiday break.
This show fell off just like The Following.
Nothing has fell off the way The Following has in a long time.
it has to be set in current times, look at the iphone's they are using
I figured that but the way some ppl dress throw me off but maybe Oregon or wherever they're at is different.

Last edited:
Emma > Bradley.

Stupid norman offing his teacher. The set up was so damn ripe yet my dude let his killer instinct assume control. Should have had mfst activated from the get. Still shaking my damn head. The dog should have came back to life ala pet cem style and while dead learned to drive so he can run this fool over for opting to do his blackout thing and dashing through the rain. Disgusted..

I thought the show was pretty good this year

The Following and Hannibal both sucked after a couple episodes

Ive never watched the following, lost or hannibal so I cant comment on them, but I actually enjoyed Bates Motel. I just took it for what it was just senseless far out there entertainment. Its not one of those shows I watch expecting to be awed by the writing I didnt feel like every story line or character needed to be developed or everything answered I didnt expect it to have the writing of Breaking Bad or The Wire or anything like that.

Can't wait.

tumblr_inline_mnbze0S03Z1rcqaw0.gif

I just started the first episode...should i stick? I'm liking it so far

Vera is one of the finest milfs on tv man. Her and her sister can get that 3some going

Last edited:
I prefer Vera as a brunette. That blue eyes brown hair contrast is :pimp:

I loved this show. Can't wait for season 2.

Buddha Bless,

I also thought it was set in the 60s due to norman and norma's clothing and with that old benz.

Never trust a teenager/adult that calls their mom "Mother." That **** is weird.

Back
Top Bottom