Black Culture Discussion Thread

If its a serious question one can argue that since humanity was birthed in Africa then Africans can lay claim to being the first jews.

If we all originated from the black womb then by extension one can say they are the original jew

Thats if you believe the first homo sapiens were "jews".

Rough that happened to dude, and i'm sure they made sure he can't disclose the name, but ultimately this doesn't help future applicants if you didn't share the name.

Just reading up on some of this SBF/FTX stuff & the one thing that is killing me is that these dudes are multi billionaires & are obviously handing out cash to ensure influece over these politicians. But i'm looking at the numbers and they are in the tens of millions, that is literally one weekend of the ASG, Grammy Weekend, BET Weekend etc etc. It really put into perspective just how much money is needed to actually shift politics & it isn't much at all if we were to actually move in a group

Just reading up on some of this SBF/FTX stuff & the one thing that is killing me is that these dudes are multi billionaires & are obviously handing out cash to ensure influece over these politicians. But i'm looking at the numbers and they are in the tens of millions, that is literally one weekend of the ASG, Grammy Weekend, BET Weekend etc etc. It really put into perspective just how much money is needed to actually shift politics & it isn't much at all if we were to actually move in a group

SBF threw money at the status quo and he had ties to the politicians through his parents. It's way more layered than buying some politicians especially that high up. Bloomberg donated 56 million.

Today's interactive Google Doodle honors Jerry Lawson, a pioneer of modern gaming​

Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 09.34.42 AM.png

SBF threw money at the status quo and he had ties to the politicians through his parents. It's way more layered than buying some politicians especially that high up. Bloomberg donated 56 million.

That's kind of my point, obviously we won't have the power to manipulate the system like these dudes with decade long relationships & nepotism. But just pulling together a couple of M's could have such a profound impact on local policies it's crazy. But instead that money is being spent on materialistic BS.

there's more than enough money in the community to really make these politicians move, but instead we back career politicians who do nothing but grift & make promises they won't keep.

Say something about the wrong crowd lose everything & plead to be accepted into society. Our trauma & Genocide tho?, walk around with it & showcase it to people like a trading card. :lol: :lol:

The pictures of someones battered ancestors are being bid upon & shared like a MJ rookie card, but let some of these ****** tell it it's educational ....

White man (probably a specific type but i'll digress) is in his own words "preserving artifacts for future generations"

Do ya'll forsee any time in our lives where black people will realize that we can never truly integrate into this society

Why would we need to integrate into a society that copies us? WE are the society. We are the barometer.

“We” (not people like me who don’t care) need to stop seeking acceptance or caring what people think. That’s the problem with most of us. Be yourself and stop caring about what others think about you. It’s that simple.

The solution to the issues some us have is not complicated at all.

Do y’all think European/white people, Asians, middle eastern, etc care about what we think of them, as well as amongst each other? They don’t care. They’re secure and champion their cultures…. “We” (again not me) are the only ones who are caught up in walking on egg shells or caring about others.

Why would we need to integrate into a society that copies us? WE are the society. We are the barometer.

“We” (not people like me who don’t care) need to stop seeking acceptance or caring what people think. That’s the problem with most of us. Be yourself and stop caring about what others think about you. It’s that simple.

The solution to the issues some us have is not complicated at all.

Do y’all think European/white people, Asians, middle eastern, etc care about what we think of them, as well as amongst each other? They don’t care. They’re secure and champion their cultures…. “We” (again not me) are the only ones who are caught up in walking on egg shells or caring about others.

to some extent the question of being ‘truly integrated’ (what does that mean? and is that even an desired outcome??) is irrelevant. inevitably by our nature of being social animals, in proximity, people naturally acculturate, a process that to the extent different peoples interact with each other requires some seeking of acceptance, caring what the other thinks of you, and how they view you…which is, in a sense, ‘integrated’ by definition

these things, caring about the perception(s), would not seem to be fundamental problems (is it really the case that other groups don’t care about their perception?), provided people have sufficient agency/power (be it cultural, communal, and/or economic) such that the perception(s) are/do not prove to be major limitations to how they are able to exercise that agency/power to navigate in a society…

when speaking about black folk in comparison to other minority ethnic groups, in terms of things here in the states, the popular refrain of ‘black people are not a monolithic’ regardless of the actuality of that in the context it is said, this seemingly is not something that other groups tend to say or make a point of regardless of whether their concerns are homogenous/the same across their group…

ultimately, i think that black folks have ‘integrated’ into the american ethos of individualism such that ‘for us by us’ is a little more than a marketing phrase now, that maybe doesn’t extend beyond a close circle…to the point folk brag about ‘no new friends’ as an axiom or not trusting folks that aren’t in their circle…obviously there are other systemic things at play as well

Back
Top Bottom