Black Culture Discussion Thread

Trash? Nah .. it's not a story that's been told over and over so some people could have trouble digesting it.

i don’t think in any way that it’s because folks are unfamiliar with the story that it’s tough to digest/understand… definitely not trash but it’s wasn’t remarkable, for a limited series super slow paced, very forgettable, & stylistically in terms of the visuals kinda bland…

i don’t think in any way that it’s because folks are unfamiliar with the story that it’s tough to digest/understand… definitely not trash but it’s wasn’t remarkable, for a limited series super slow paced, very forgettable, & stylistically in terms of the visuals kinda bland…
My reasoning that it was considered trash could be one possible reason, not the definitive answer. It def was NOT trash and at no time did I state the anime was remarkable. I found the subject matter remarkable but that's a different discussion.

the story itself is interesting, just not very rewatchable; i think…

people now seem to trend towards hyperbole, just saying it wasn’t trash but beyond the ‘fish out of water’ detail of being an african samurai, as an anime there is much of note about the execution

Heavy into this. Was watching “The Wiz” the other day…and the Afrofuturism and visuals in general were far ahead of their time, and mind blowing.

Color scheme of African Flag. Pyramids. African beats. Gold. All of it. Beautiful

Shoutouts to Missy. She implemented a lot from the Wiz, in this video

Last edited:
So my mom tells me that some of the non-melanin people at her job are encroaching on our traditional new years day meals. Black people know why we eat cornbread, black eyed peas, greens and pork. This folklore/superstition for prosperity has been passed down to us for generations. I'm not feeling other groups trying to occupy our space. No different than me trying to celebrate new years day the way (insert ethnic group) may celebrate new years day culturally.

I would respect how they get down and not try to be down.

So my mom tells me that some of the non-melanin people at her job are encroaching on our traditional new years day meals. Black people know why we eat cornbread, black eyed peas, greens and pork. This folklore/superstition for prosperity has been passed down to us for generations. I'm not feeling other groups trying to occupy our space. No different than me trying to celebrate new years day the way (insert ethnic group) may celebrate new years day culturally.

I don’t agree. Them copying does not take away the significance for us. The fad will pass. So long as we preserve the meaning for ourselves that’s all that matters. It may externally appear that they are doing the same thing but without the meaning they aren’t doing anything more than a poor imitation.

They can do what they want. It really shouldn't bother us. (In this case)

So much dope inspiration out there for futuristic black hairstyles but when they do a future sci-fi show/movie they do them so bad. Irritates me.
foundation-110-salvor-450x289.jpg

14d6c151-64f6-4a08-ae26-683ff434eb93.jpeg

They did that boy Boyega dirty. Trash cut. Trash story line.

Included a black cast member to avoid backlash at possible racism allegations. Didn't bother to develop the character :smh:

Screen-Shot-2022-08-23-at-3.02.47-PM.png

Back
Top Bottom