Black Culture Discussion Thread

lens needs to be focus on actual evidence of providing goods and services. Much respect to them brothers, but they just talking.

The only folks I hear talking about "black buying power" are scammers.

Jemelle Hill, who I usually agree with posted something on instagram about how black establishments overcharge black people for services. My only comment was "capitalism". :lol:

These are businesses not charities.

Two articles on Greenwood that I read this week-- Highway removal program sounds dope, but mentally prepared for NIMBYism to stop any possibility of such progress (or maybe history tells me)

Jemelle Hill, who I usually agree with posted something on instagram about how black establishments overcharge black people for services. My only comment was "capitalism". :lol:

Get over charged by white folks? Fine

Get over charged by black folks? Uproar

Makes no sense

I know cats who brag about paying full price for designer clothes and shoes, spending a “ticket”’ on a foreign car. Won’t even mention the hundreds or thousands spent at michelin rated restaurants.

Paying top dollar for high grade weed, etc, etc.

But let Ms. Bessie charge $22 for a soul food dinner. Steak with smothered gravy, Mac and cheese, greens and cornbread at her restaurant.

“THAT’S TO MUCH! BLACK ESTABLISHMENTS ARE OVERPRICED!” :lol: :lol: :lol:

My wife and my mom struggle with hair care, for different reasons. And it affects their mental on a major way that they hid more often than not. So that was pretty powerful stuff, IMO.

Lawd knows I’m a sucker for finger waves. She look like prime Dionne Warwick

7642605F-3389-47F7-AC24-C708923FB541.jpeg

I believe it. Theres a Fabolous interview out there where he said he was trying to rap about being married and whatnot and the exec told him, 'no one wants to hear that" and rap about smashing and ******* over women.

Tbh, with streaming and social media, I don't see how record labels are still a thing.

Tbh, with streaming and social media, I don't see how record labels are still a thing.

a culture that runs from knowledge, laughs at not understanding math, and refuses to hire unbiased lawyers for contract negotiations aligns perfectly with keeping record labels in business.

10-15 years ago rap pioneers like Master P and others said Youtube and social media has made record labels obsolete. and yet, these fools still out here signing 360 deals

case and point:

Actually Jemele’s comment on her post about sums up my feelings on the subject. Both sides are a little delusional.

Only thing I’d add is that when it comes to clubs and lounges a lot of those spots are NOT Black owned, they just cater to a Black demographic, and yes they are overcharging you, but that’s the nature of bottle service.

so they offered you more money to rap about dumb stuff, and YOU did it like a DUMMY

and somehow that equates to “the people in charge” being the real problem?

“Once we deal with man as the victim of circumstances and their influences, we not only cease to treat him as a human being but also lame his will to change.“

- Viktor Frankl

Back
Top Bottom