Black Culture Discussion Thread

It’s all a big racket man. These people don’t care about enlightening anyone. It’s all about money.

Short attention span society, an educational system in flux and people lacking common sense, this is the perfect era for intelligent people to take advantage of the naive or gullible.

id recommend listening to that podcast

larry elder has made a number of claims regarding the black community

historical context as well as things that are currently happening are presented to him

someone running for president is given ample opportunities to actually propose solutions to the numerous problems hes raising, since that’s the mechanism he’s using to run for the job.. he could have spoken to programs and/or legislation that could be pushed to address the issues

but elder spent more energy defending Donald trump with regard to his knowledge of David duke than speaking to any solution

That was a bad look…… not on Larry Elder, but on the podcasters. Other than raising and bringing awareness to the problem of fatherless households there’s not much Larry can do directly because he’s not a father himself. So he’s not apart of the problem.

Just like on The Breakfast Club I don’t know why so many black people don’t want to acknowledge how much of a problem fatherless households are. We are losing and are far behind. Deflecting away and coming up with a bunch of excuses isn’t helping the matter.
You think they were trying to set him up by throwing the fact that he isn't a father back in his face?

Its amazing to me how, I'll go ahead and say ALL minorities, no longer find teenage or early pregnancy' an issue. Its gotten to the point to where if you don't have any "Oopsie Babies" something is wrong with you.

That was a bad look…… not on Larry Elder, but on the podcasters. Other than raising and bringing awareness to the problem of fatherless households there’s not much Larry can do directly because he’s not a father himself. So he’s not apart of the problem.

Just like on The Breakfast Club I don’t know why so many black people don’t want to acknowledge how much of a problem fatherless households are. We are losing and are far behind. Deflecting away and coming up with a bunch of excuses isn’t helping the matter.

to be fair…at least from the clip, they are speaking fatherlessness & not fatherless households, which is an important distinction to make

You think they were trying to set him up by throwing the fact that he isn't a father back in his face?

Its amazing to me how, I'll go ahead and say ALL minorities, no longer find teenage or early pregnancy' an issue. Its gotten to the point to where if you don't have any "Oopsie Babies" something is wrong with you.
In regards to teenage pregnancy it could be because the rate that it’s happening is wayyyy down, folks ain’t too concerned about something that’s not happening as much…The Youngins apparently spending more time on Tik Tok than smashing these days or they got the message bout using rubbers :lol:

to be fair…at least from the clip, they are speaking fatherlessness & not fatherless households, which is an important distinction to make

the clip is longer.. but statistics are given to larry elder

at no point does larry elder provide solutions, any solution, to the problems he is proposing

the clip is longer.. but statistics are given to larry elder

at no point does larry elder provide solutions, any solution, to the problems he is proposing
That’s the right wing special, call out problems /assign blame and just leave it at that hoping that’s enough to get ppl to follow you for some reason :lol: :smh:

2 things

1) IDK why black creatives keep thinking this gonna be a smooth transition, it's a catch 22 because you need these "gatekeepers" to have full access to all the tools & not be capped, but its never going to come with true creative freedom
2) The backlash behind his idea for that supreme T-shirt is laughable given the current state of black culture & "art"

That’s the right wing special, call out problems /assign blame and just leave it at that hoping that’s enough to get ppl to follow you for some reason :lol: :smh:

dude is given numerous opportunities to speak to what he has done and will do on the issue

his only concern is getting them to admit the issue, which changes nothing.. zero solution other than 3 people agreeing there is a problem

nothing about actually solving the problem

I think a lot of people got upset at Supreme over that tee didn't know it was a black person behind it. Found out, didn't want to look stupid, so they doubled down and everything stopped making sense and made Supreme look right.

I think a lot of people got upset at Supreme over that tee didn't know it was a black person behind it. Found out, didn't want to look stupid, so they doubled down and everything stopped making sense and made Supreme look right.

Could be in some cases, but i remember a lot of people completely ignoring what he said about Supreme to talk about his idea as being disrespectful. the picking & choosing about when black Trauma can be monetized is wild

We with the **** **** or not :lol: , ****** called him a **** then in the same day listened to a Durk album & watched a Tubi film

all this **** funny bro

Bruh it’s LAUGHABLE. A person who is an unfit parent who KEEPS having kids, some way or another gets more credence than a person who has none. It’s funny to me.

I guess a teacher with no kids, shouldn’t be a teacher because they’ve never reared a child of their own. Or, people who’ve adopted kids, who are excellent parents.

People get mad because you were responsible enough to not have kids at certain ages because you knew you weren’t ready.

A lot of the teen/early 20 something mother’s and fathers be in their 30s and 40s going through hell because they are terrible parents, but kept having kids. It makes no sense

Could be in some cases, but i remember a lot of people completely ignoring what he said about Supreme to talk about his idea as being disrespectful. the picking & choosing about when black Trauma can be monetized is wild

We with the **** **** or not :lol: , ****** called him a **** then in the same day listened to a Durk album & watched a Tubi film

all this **** funny bro

… folks be saying they’re tired of Hollywood depicting “Slave movies” but, love drill music of these young dudes who only rap about killing.

Then, Lil Peanut gets gunned down at the corner store and it’s “stop the violence, put the guns down”

The guns get put down for 2 weeks :lol: :lol: :lol: revolving cycle.

Jewish people make SURE the Holocaust isn’t forgotten. Whether movies or memorials, but some of our black brothers and sisters are quick to want to dismiss or forget about slavery.

Jewish people don’t tolerate any disrespect towards the Holocaust but, our people love to disrespect slavery. It’s sickening

Not sure what they were trying to do or what their “agenda” was…..I do know that they were both unprofessional. Which made them look worse than Larry Elder.

The fact that these interviewers and other interviewers of Larry Elder keep deflecting and arguing against his point without and facts or stats tell you that Larry is on the right track and is leading on the subject at hand.

… folks be saying they’re tired of Hollywood depicting “Slave movies” but, love drill music of these young dudes who only rap about killing.

Then, Lil Peanut gets gunned down at the corner store and it’s “stop the violence, put the guns down”

The guns get put down for 2 weeks :lol: :lol: :lol: revolving cycle.

Jewish people make SURE the Holocaust isn’t forgotten. Whether movies or memorials, but some of our black brothers and sisters are quick to want to dismiss or forget about slavery.

Jewish people don’t tolerate any disrespect towards the Holocaust but, our people love to disrespect slavery. It’s sickening

I ain't gonna hold you i'm sick of the slave narrative **** & honestly i ain't ever care for it, all those ****s do is reinforce more of that slave mentality.

Jewish people can consistently Harp on the holocaust because they control their imagery & how they're viewed. Black Americans for obvious reasons don't have that & anytime progress is made in doing so we tear our own down.

Never forget in one of these threads i asked why it's never black people behind these slave narratives & profiting off them, one of these ****** told me that it doesn't matter As long as it's accurate & that it's educational for black people......

I just quit at that point, no other culture in the world would be okay with the same people who enslaved them, distributing their history in media form & calling it "educational).

The only slave film i could remember in recent memory that wasn't subservient & forgiving was Birth Of A Nation, media put a lil spin out about his past & the BLM blacks vowed to make it a failure :lol:

does either party acknowledge the difference/distinction?

id suggest listening to full clip (starts 1:15 in on the youtube clip).. they try to get him to clarify his point on the issue and provide either actions he has taken or will take.. but van does provide statistics on black fathers and their interactions with their children

Tbh, I'm ok with slave movies in a broad sense. I don't think they all have to be true stories about how hard it was. We get it. All they western movies and even WWII aren't historically accurate and realistic, so why do salve movies have to be that way. It kinda sucks a sometimes questionable white guy was the only one to do it, but there should be more movies like Django.

Not sure what they were trying to do or what their “agenda” was…..I do know that they were both unprofessional. Which made them look worse than Larry Elder.

The fact that these interviewers and other interviewers of Larry Elder keep deflecting and arguing against his point without and facts or stats tell you that Larry is on the right track and is leading on the subject at hand.

id suggest listening to the full interview.. they go in trying to have a good faith discussion

but that clip is at the end and they ask him about his position on that issue, since it’s a problem he has been very vocal on

throughout the interview they attempt to talk about the history involved in a number of matters while also touching upon current issues

larry, like on that issue, only seems concerned with pointing out what he views as an issue without discussing actual solutions

with regard to fatherlessness, his concern is getting van and Rachel to agree that an issue exist rather than using the time provided and the platform to actual suggest what could be done, use examples of his actions to actually combat the issue

id suggest listening to full clip (starts 1:15 in on the youtube clip).. they try to get him to clarify his point on the issue and provide either actions he has taken or will take.. but van does provide statistics on black fathers and their interactions with their children

cool, i was just responding to comment that mentioned fatherless households which without full context seemed to be distinct from their convo of fatherlessness…

i understand that if something is going to be a cornerstone of one’s criticism, you’d hope that they would have solutions as well but i do think depending on the tilt of the discourse (i.e are they speaking about fatherlessness or fatherless households, both?) that will determine the prescriptions…

i do think it’s in bad faith to answer a question with another question, especially if the question is clear & direct, that said in political discourse, this is kinda to be expected so that they allowed it devolve is a point of failure; at least from the clip

cool, i was just responding to comment that mentioned fatherless households which without full context seemed to be distinct from their convo of fatherlessness…

i understand that if something is going to be a cornerstone of one’s criticism, you’d hope that they would have solutions as well but i do think depending on the tilt of the discourse (i.e are they speaking about fatherlessness or fatherless households, both?) that will determine the prescriptions…

i do think it’s in bad faith to answer a question with another question, especially if the question is clear & direct, that said in political discourse, this is kinda to be expected so that they allowed it devolve is a point of failure; at least from the clip

id suggest listening to the full pod, but that clip is from the end after numerous attempts on their part.. they tried having a fuller convo on various issues

but it seems like elder isn’t prepared beyond what would be accepted within certain circles, which is accepting/acknowledging certain issues and that’s about it

at the end of the interview they try to give him a chance, again, to speak to solutions/actions but his only concern is agreement from them

id suggest listening to the full interview.. they go in trying to have a good faith discussion

but that clip is at the end and they ask him about his position on that issue, since it’s a problem he has been very vocal on

throughout the interview they attempt to talk about the history involved in a number of matters while also touching upon current issues

larry, like on that issue, only seems concerned with pointing out what he views as an issue without discussing actual solutions

with regard to fatherlessness, his concern is getting van and Rachel to agree that an issue exist rather than using the time provided and the platform to actual suggest what could be done, use examples of his actions to actually combat the issue

I would have to listen to the entire interview to have a better understanding overall of how the discussion went. However in general at least for me if I’m were to speak on a particular problem and someone I’m speaking to didn’t view said topic as a problem as well I would stop talking as well. Unless that person saw the problem as I saw it m.

I would have to listen to the entire interview to have a better understanding overall of how the discussion went. However in general at least for me if I’m were to speak on a particular problem and someone I’m speaking to didn’t view said topic as a problem as well I would stop talking as well. Unless that person saw the problem as I saw it m.

larry elder is running for president

van and Rachel aren’t

larry said there is a problem, one would hope he would have a solution(s)

just in case he actually gets the job

larry elder is running for president

van and Rachel aren’t

larry said there is a problem, one would hope he would have a solution(s)

just in case he actually gets the job

Again, it depends on how the interview was going and the direction the interviewers were taking. Believe it or not some interviews are hit jobs disguised as good faith discussions.

Just like there’s a reason on The Breakfast Club interview with Larry Elder it was asked if he has had a “***** wake up call”. That line of questioning and the direction of it was intended to go somewhere differently on purpose. That’s why I’m glad Larry responded the way he did then.

Again, it depends on how the interview was going and the direction the interviewers were taking. Believe it or not some interviews are hit jobs disguised as good faith discussions.

Just like there’s a reason on The Breakfast Club interview with Larry Elder it was asked if he has had a “***** wake up call”. That line of questioning and the direction of it was intended to go somewhere differently on purpose. That’s why I’m glad Larry responded the way he did then.

that’s why I suggest listening to the full interview

larry elder proposes issues.. they attempt to give historical context and/or provide facts and it goes no where because larry elder has nothing beyond pointing out an issue

that portion is at the end and they give him numerous opportunities to provide steps that have been taken or could be taken

larry elder’s only concern is getting agreement from van and Rachel on accepting an issue exist while they push for answer(s) from him, the person running for president

van, the person conducting the interview, actually puts forth suggestions of things that could be done.. Larry never does

Back
Top Bottom