Black Culture Discussion Thread

We don't know any Serbian celebrities to hear about it.

Sounds like a personal problem to me. That’s on you for being unaware or misinformed.

Plenty Serbians have been going to games and supporting the Nuggets because of Jokic.

Same as Deion at Colorado. Black people buying Colorado merchandise or tuning in because of Deion.

People staying up at 2am in Serbia to watch dude hoop

Sounds like a personal problem to me. That’s on you for being unaware or misinformed.

Plenty Serbians have been going to games and supporting the Nuggets because of Jokic.

Same as Deion at Colorado. Black people buying Colorado merchandise or tuning in because of Deion.

People staying up at 2am in Serbia to watch dude hoop

:lol: how about IDGAF about Serbian celebrities.

Last edited:
People have confused the attention on Deion with him somehow fighting the white power structure or some **** :lol: Dude is about himself and his kids. He’d throw the rest of us under the bus for a bigger contract.

I was a fan of him as a player and all that, but people going to the extreme talking about “Deion turned Colorado to an HBCU” need to sit the **** down.

…… and your problem? Black people go there to smoke weed too.

If he made it a black Hollywood… SO WHAT!

Deion is an icon/has been influential to a LOT of black men, aged 20s -50s.

Charleston white is felon, and fake activist and CONSTANTLY talks about other MEN… ain’t nothing masculine or respectful about that. He has female traits.

Deion has inspired MILLIONS of black men….. Charleston white was crook who failed.

He’s funny on lots of topics. This isn’t one. He’s jealous. He has absolutely ZERO credentials compared to Deion, except a history of thievery.

Some of y’all dudes look up to anyone.

what is it about ya'll that equates agreeing with someone's point as looking up to them :lol:

But I already see this Deion thing is personal to you, But **** it i hope he continues on his path to creating Wakanda

People have confused the attention on Deion with him somehow fighting the white power structure or some **** :lol: Dude is about himself and his kids. He’d throw the rest of us under the bus for a bigger contract.

I was a fan of him as a player and all that, but people going to the extreme talking about “Deion turned Colorado to an HBCU” need to sit the **** down.

This is pretty much it, people go overboard with this man :lol:. There's plenty of celebs that i support & am happy for THEIR success & i do get that sometimes representation can be a positive thing

But ****** always gotta try & conflate it into something bigger than it is & it always varies depending on whether they like the person or not. At its simplest form Deion is bringing his celebrity & name to a white institution, it will benefit them way more than it will benefit him, But he will get paid & he will gain more notoriety for him & his children. Salute to him for doing so but its nothing more/ nothing less, the second some other black celeb who they don't like does it they back to being sellouts & con artist :lol:

the people who need to hear the message are entirely too emotional to ever receive it so it kinda becomes a moot point, but Charleston be right in the big picture

****** done turned COLARADO into black hollywood every weekend, it's ALWAYS about 'representation" with us.

Does Charleston state what he wants black people to do instead since it’s just about “representation” at Colorado for now??

Does Charleston state what he wants black people to do instead since it’s just about “representation” at Colorado for now??

Bruh I'm really not that vested in dudes thoughts, i see the clips that go viral & sometimes masked behind the character its just logical thought.

but just being logical, i think the easiest thing to do would be showing this level of support to one of the many HBCU that need it. That's if people genuinely care about all that pro black sjit they say they do...... but we know it's not that. ****** are just fans of football & celebrity, ain't nothing wrong with that...... just stop acting as if it's more.

Yea aint nothing stopping anyone from buying a FAMU jersey right not. Matter of fact, Lids.com got a HARD *** lettermen jacket on sale right now.

Actually, the only thing actually stopping someone is the fact that if someone say you in a HBCU jersey, they would assume you're alumni vs someone just rocking an Alabama shirt.

Bruh I'm really not that vested in dudes thoughts, i see the clips that go viral & sometimes masked behind the character its just logical thought.

but just being logical, i think the easiest thing to do would be showing this level of support to one of the many HBCU that need it. That's if people genuinely care about all that pro black sjit they say they do...... but we know it's not that. ****** are just fans of football & celebrity, ain't nothing wrong with that...... just stop acting as if it's more.

I hear ya, particularly showing support to any HBCU. Speaking of which……this would have been a perfect opportunity for Charleston to cut a check to a HBCU, do a charity show at a HBCU or ask a few hundred or thousands of his followers to show up to a HBCU football game at any particular school….or something along those lines. I didn’t see the video that you are referencing but if Charleston didn’t do anything of the sort then to me it sounds like he’s just showing a sense of jealousy or insecurity.

Nick Saban gets paid $10-$12 mil a year to win football games and raise $$$ for Alabama.

Prime gets paid $500k a year and is responsible for winning games, raising money for JSU and uplifting 100 HBCUs.

Seems like one guy is asked to do a whole lot more for a whole lot less.

I understand one of Prime's initial goal was to level the playing field for HBCU. I wasn't offended at his statement and was not disappointed when he left. To me, this is that kind of statement politicians give all of the time.

Ultimately, if Prime left JSU better than he found it I really don't get all the backlash he received. This reminds me of the mule and donkey in The Richest Man in Babylon. The Donkey had no appreciation for the amount of work the mule had to do until the donkey had to get the work done.

Lost in all of this Prime criticism, I haven't heard very many people hold the administration of the HBCU's accountable for carrying the torch once Prime left. Many, if not all HBCU's have athletic directors, school presidents and boards of governors. Just about every HBCU plays in a conference so what exactly is the conference commissioner doing?

One more thing, when did HBCU's become a protected class that was above critique? It seems like anytime a black person offers a critique about an HBCU the first retort from a HBCU graduate is always "Did you go to an HBCU?" Why do I have to attend to have a critique? That's like saying I can't engage in political discourse unless I obtained a degree in Politics.

I don't want no smoke with any HBCU graduates. I just want to know why HBCU's are this protected class that is insulated from criticism. It's funny because the same ones that will weaponize their blackness based on the fact that they attended an HBCU will be the same ones that will ask PWI graduates to support HBCUs. The same ones that make excuses for why they don't donate or don't donate consistently while at the same time find $$$ to go to All-star weekend, by Gucci, or go the Essence Festival or a girls trip to the Carribean.

If I gotta keep my mouth closed about HBCUs because I didn't attend one. No problem. I respect that. But if I'm going to keep my mouth closed shouldn't I also keep my wallet closed? I'm not a big deal at all. I'm a regular guy making regular money so I'm not gonna act like me donating or spending money at an HBCU event is going to be some tremendous feat.

It's like to be black means you can't criticize Michael Jordan, Barack Obama, Tupac Shakur or HBCUs.

I just don't get it.

I attended the Southern Heritage Class last year as my first HBCU event and enjoyed myself. I also plan to attend more HBCU events in the future because I know that supporting HBCUs means I am supporting the black professional working class.

"101% Black-owned. Everybody Black around here. We’re doing this to ourselves," said Hot Heat Sneakers co-owner Julian King. "Stop stealing, stop finessing, stop scamming, just get some real money. Like, get real-deal money. It’ll save you. I promise you in the end, it’ll save you. It’s saving me because no matter what, I’m going to be straight because I’m getting real money. That’s it."

"I had no words. Honestly, I just stood … couldn’t even come in the store for a half hour … Just in shock," said co-owner Xavier Eubanks.

If you are a black business entrepreneur or want to invest in the black community with a brick and mortar ……right now is the WORSE time to do so. This story, along with the business owners direct quote and video are a reminder that a lot of US are our own worse enemy despite what some may think. It’s completely OKAY to charge some of these lazy and worthless individuals to the game.

Nick Saban gets paid $10-$12 mil a year to win football games and raise $$$ for Alabama.

Prime gets paid $500k a year and is responsible for winning games, raising money for JSU and uplifting 100 HBCUs.

Seems like one guy is asked to do a whole lot more for a whole lot less.

I understand one of Prime's initial goal was to level the playing field for HBCU. I wasn't offended at his statement and was not disappointed when he left. To me, this is that kind of statement politicians give all of the time.

Ultimately, if Prime left JSU better than he found it I really don't get all the backlash he received. This reminds me of the mule and donkey in The Richest Man in Babylon. The Donkey had no appreciation for the amount of work the mule had to do until the donkey had to get the work done.

Lost in all of this Prime criticism, I haven't heard very many people hold the administration of the HBCU's accountable for carrying the torch once Prime left. Many, if not all HBCU's have athletic directors, school presidents and boards of governors. Just about every HBCU plays in a conference so what exactly is the conference commissioner doing?

One more thing, when did HBCU's become a protected class that was above critique? It seems like anytime a black person offers a critique about an HBCU the first retort from a HBCU graduate is always "Did you go to an HBCU?" Why do I have to attend to have a critique? That's like saying I can't engage in political discourse unless I obtained a degree in Politics.

I don't want no smoke with any HBCU graduates. I just want to know why HBCU's are this protected class that is insulated from criticism. It's funny because the same ones that will weaponize their blackness based on the fact that they attended an HBCU will be the same ones that will ask PWI graduates to support HBCUs. The same ones that make excuses for why they don't donate or don't donate consistently while at the same time find $$$ to go to All-star weekend, by Gucci, or go the Essence Festival or a girls trip to the Carribean.

If I gotta keep my mouth closed about HBCUs because I didn't attend one. No problem. I respect that. But if I'm going to keep my mouth closed shouldn't I also keep my wallet closed? I'm not a big deal at all. I'm a regular guy making regular money so I'm not gonna act like me donating or spending money at an HBCU event is going to be some tremendous feat.

It's like to be black means you can't criticize Michael Jordan, Barack Obama, Tupac Shakur or HBCUs.

I just don't get it.

I attended the Southern Heritage Class last year as my first HBCU event and enjoyed myself. I also plan to attend more HBCU events in the future because I know that supporting HBCUs means I am supporting the black professional working class.
Nobody told Deion his job was to uplift HBCUs while at Jackson State. HE took on that role himself and was the one running around talking about “God told him to come to Jackson State”

HBCUs aren’t above criticism but let’s not act like Deion was there doing charity work. A larger school wouldn’t have hired him as head coach with no prior collegiate level coaching experience. He and his sons have benefited as well.

Also, that old trope about “Black ppl don’t give back but I see them wearing Gucci and going on trips” is hella lame and ignorant. It’s from
the same book of “Black ppl would have generational wealth if they didn’t buy Jordans” HBCU alumni give back at a higher rate than PWI alumni. The endowment disparities between HBCUs and similarly sized PWIs is a result of racism, plain and simple. Hell, in Mississippi specifically you had Brett Favre stealing money from the welfare system to build a new volleyball arena for the wealthiest school in the state. I promise you if all the JSU alumni sold every Escalade and Gucci belt they own it wouldn’t even amount to half of what was stolen for that dumbass arena.

dumb athletes like Kenyon Martin, Steven Jackson, and Matt Barnes started that garbage line of thinking years ago.
the lazy thinkers of society picked it up and ran with it. its why we have so many sports podcasts hosted by players now.

now, everyone is using it as a reply to avoid whatever issue is at hand in the conversation.

How do we feel about this?

There isn't a national education curriculum. Every school district in the US doesn't enjoy the same academic resources, and sometimes the differences are extremely stark.

Countries that don't have an equivalent to AA usually justify this by arguing that they provide the same opportunities for learning and the same curriculum across the board: schools are funded fairly, and one kid doesn't learn creationism because he lives in a district dominated by fundamentalists while another learns evolution. They all learn the same material, and they are tested on the same material.

There are countries with actual academic and professional quota systems, which is more rigid than AA, because they recognize that all demographics of their society must have a say in the way their country is run. AA is not unique in the world. This stems from the recognition that talented people exist in all layers of society, and quotas and AA are a way to negate the inherent disadvantage that is belonging to a group that is numerically inferior to others.

The argument that AA is a blemish on one's abilities is pure, unadulterated ********. Getting admitted/hired is not irreversible, and you show your abilities by excelling on the job/in school everyday.

Hopefully folks ain't targeting homecomings.

Not sure how this video relates to Black Culture. I’m not even sure Amare considers himself black. Also there is no Black Lives Matter group or organization, at this point it’s nothing more than a chant or a slogan…….it’s equivalent to saying “Fight The Power”. Last, if Amare Stoudamire feels that strongly about the issue he can travel over to Israel right now and fight Hamas himself as well as try to get kidnapped victims. Good luck with that.

First time hearing hip hop in a major car commercial.

Screenshot_20231010-233446_YouTube~2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom