Blacks should get reparations for everything that occured between 1930-90s

I believe the only way we can get any type of reparations or even anything remotely close is if we just fall back.

Stop supporting anything the white man "built" and prides himself in profiting off of us, form our own code of conduct for living in the USA and we need to stop killing each other. Once we have equality amongst ourselves, we can make moves and try to fix the external problems we have.

It is just like the USA itself, how much better would this place be if we kept our noses out of other countries? Just my contribution, I would rather fix the problem than the blame.

AC6

the-wire-o.gif

I think these blacks constantly complaining need to stop living in the past.
If something doesn't go your way, you don't sit around and pout and whine and continually complain and make up constant excuses for what you want.  All of this "white privilege" and absurd terminology is the reason the whiners are where they are today, still whining.

If you want something enough, then go get it.  Use your time more productively.  So what if the odds are stacked against you, you can work to overcome that.  The keyword is "work".  *side-note: these "odds" are often time made up by those that complain so that they have initiative not to put in effort.  why should i work if "it's not fair"

The only constant in any formula for success is hard work.

Tired of all of this moaning and groaning.  Grow up and do something more productive with your lives.  You're not getting a dime so let it go.

If it matters, I'm a minority student that's not trying to get a free handout for my grandparents sufferings.

I relish the opportunities I'm given, and am proud of myself for having overcome adversity and other minority-related hardship that many others were not faced with. I'm not out here asking for recognition, let alone benefits, for being forced to take a rough road to the top. I'm going to be rubbing my ashy hands together like birdman, sitting at the top in twenty years, while the herbs are still asking for *@++*+% reparations. The day I ask anyone for a damn handout will be a cold day in hell

Originally Posted by kiendienn

If something doesn't go your way, you don't sit around and pout and whine and continually complain and make up constant excuses for what you want.  All of this "white privilege" and absurd terminology is the reason the whiners are where they are today, still whining.

If you want something enough, then go get it.  Use your time more productively.  So what if the odds are stacked against you, you can work to overcome that.  The keyword is "work".  *side-note: these "odds" are often time made up by those that complain so that they have initiative not to put in effort.  why should i work if "it's not fair"

Tired of all of this moaning and groaning.  Grow up and do something more productive with your lives.  You're not getting a dime so let it go.

If it matters, I'm a minority student that's not trying to get a free handout for my grandparents sufferings.
roll.gif

I'm watching Spike Lee's Bamboozled while I'm reading this (the scene with the white PR agent who got her degree in African American studies from Yale) which makes the nonsense that you wrote 10x funnier.

Whites are only rich and powerful because of the negro. Period.

U can come at me or believe what you want but it's the truth. I don't even wana get into this because it is what it is but the whites will get theirs sooner than later.

I say a lot of stupid *%% but that's real.

I'M BLACK IF THAT MATTERS

Originally Posted by DMoney82

U can come at me or believe what you want but it's the truth. I don't even wana get into this because it is what it is but the whites will get theirs sooner than later.

Quoting this buffoonery just in case you want to be slick and edit it.

So the Evil White Man stopped oppressing black people in the '90s? Seems a bit arbitrary. You have evidence to support that?

Originally Posted by newbuck

No edit.

They are rich because of our ancestors. We were effing slaves, we built *+@, they got free labor out of us for years only to keep every dime in the family. Same *+@ down the line. Tell me something different, I say a lot of ignorant *+@ but tell me otherwise smart guy.

No edit.

They are rich because of our ancestors. We were effing slaves, We built !+! boy, they got free labor out of us so they kept every dime in the family. Same !+! down the line. Tell me something different! I say a lot of ignorant !+! but tell me otherwise smart guy.
Serious question, do you honestly think that "whites" all belong to one big family?

Originally Posted by MoreUptempo

No edit.

They are rich because of our ancestors. We were effing slaves, We built !+! boy, they got free labor out of us so they kept every dime in the family. Same !+! down the line. Tell me something different! I say a lot of ignorant !+! but tell me otherwise smart guy.
Serious question, do you honestly think that "whites" all belong to one big family?
No, I never said that but most are where they are because of us. (that's how I feel) They stole from the natives, enslaved my ancestors ... pretty much didn't do a damn thing to deserve everything they have.

No edit.

Isn't that what white's have been telling us since the inception of this country? That we weren't your equal, not part of your 'one big family'? 3/5 of a man (and only then for tax purposes)?

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

No edit.

Isn't that what white's have been telling us since the inception of this country? That we weren't your equal, not part of your 'one big family'? 3/5 of a man (and only then for tax purposes)?
Relax on the pronouns bruh, I'm not white. My grandfather was a university professor for twenty years before immigrating to this country, wherein he scrubbed toilets in order to put my mother in the position to put me in the position to attain a college education, despite affirmative action working against me within the American education system. Save me the 200 year old sob story 

I honestly believe there's a lot of underlying racism in this thread. Pretty much pervades every affirmative action conversation though, so I'm not surprised.

Relax on the pronouns bruh, I'm not white. My grandfather was a university professor for twenty years before immigrating to this country, wherein he scrubbed toilets in order to put my mother in the position to put me in the position to attain a college education, despite affirmative action working against me within the American education system. Save me the 200 year old sob story 
Tell me how affirmative action worked against you my man. I want to hear this.

roll.gif

I'm watching Spike Lee's Bamboozled while I'm reading this (the scene with the white PR agent who got her degree in African American studies from Yale) which makes the nonsense that you wrote 10x funnier.
1. Cries about not getting reparations for something he never had a hand in.
2. Sits at home watching tv, arguing with randoms on a forum for 3 years and 11,000 posts 
eek.gif

3. Progress???

You're whining about the government not helping you for the pains and troubles you've gone through; however, the lack of banners under your name indicate that you've never donated a dime to the many charities and fundraising drives that your assumably top visited forum upholds, you know...the real people in need.

Anyways, this is pointless. 

Keep crying, I could care less.

tumblr_lsklr4QqR51qdfe1m.gif

Spoiler [+]
tumblr_lurskvlNGZ1r3ybpmo1_400.gif

Spoiler [+]
tumblr_lsdhbmlL611qhjgo1.gif

Spoiler [+]
tumblr_lumoufaO1Q1r0ojhto1_250.gif

Spoiler [+]
tumblr_luqsjeHQ9g1r6aoq4o1_400.gif

Spoiler [+]
tumblr_lujcmqPG6i1qii6tmo1_500.gif

Spoiler [+]
tumblr_ltyg8x8vWu1qbm629.gif

Spoiler [+]
tumblr_lv0ajh9wH21qzmo7co1_500.jpg

Spoiler [+]
tumblr_luvcy9tZvl1qhvu31o1_250.png

Spoiler [+]
tumblr_lo3p3nzuxI1qf2lpz.gif
hope you enjoyed the bonuses. peace. 

roll.gif

1. Cries about not getting reparations for something he never had a hand in.
2. Sits at home watching tv, arguing with randoms on a forum for 3 years and 11,000 posts 
eek.gif

3. Progress???

You're whining about the government not helping you for the pains and troubles you've gone through; however, the lack of banners under your name indicate that you've never donated a dime to the many charities and fundraising drives that your assumably top visited forum upholds, you know...the real people in need.

Anyways, this is pointless. 

Keep crying, I could care less.

I was going to reply back but that is time I'll never get back. So you're right bro. About everything.
You have more banners than me too.
ehf5t1.png

You got the juice now.

God Bless.

how about the US Govt gives "reparations"/puts money into creating/funding social and economic welfare programs for all impoverished/lower class/disadvantaged communities?

basically, why make this a racial issue when there are tons of Americans of all races who need the help (yes, including Blacks)?

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by kilojules64

Combative? Not at all, I am just passionate about the topic, and choose to highlight facts, when people make invalid arguments against it. 
I already answered your question if you read through my posts. It is as possible now, as it ever was, through tax breaks. 

Answer my question though, if it WAS possible in your mind economically, would you be for reparations?  If the answer is no, does my response to you really matter anyway?

I strongly believe that it's not economically possible because the extent of the damage the government has done and the number of people affected is way too huge. If there was a total tax overhaul I'd see your point but that isn't realistic right now.If it were, of course I would agree with social and economic programs for American minorities. Different groups have progressed differently and need assistance in different areas. Until that can happen, I don't see how you can think the solution of centering programs around low income areas instead that I mentioned is unreasonable to the point of being invalid.
As unreasonable as slavery was/is. As far as your *until statement, it already has, and is very plausible. Just because you aren't aware of how so, doesn't make it impossible 
tired.gif

...Let me get this straight. You think that because I don't see the validity of race by race government assistance, the proposition of an overhaul of the programs geared toward low income areas/individuals instead is as unreasonable as slavery was? I can't.
At the end of the day all I can say is that I am black, I am a woman, I grew up in a *&%$ neighborhood, and the hardest obstacle to overcome was the latter of the three.

frink85 wrote:
how about the US Govt gives "reparations"/puts money into creating/funding social and economic welfare programs for all impoverished/lower class/disadvantaged communities?

basically, why make this a racial issue when there are tons of Americans of all races who need the help (yes, including Blacks)?

That is good in theory. But heres the problem with that, and not to put words in ppl mouth. But alot of ppl feel like why include whites. Because at some point time even poor whites whether current generation or prior generations had a substantial advantage over the two other races in america. You cant really compare a poor white in current state to a minority poor in their current state. Difference is that at some point the whites had the upper hand/advantage. It was the doing of their ancestors that put there future generations in the current state they are in. Minorities are different. They never had the upperhand and advantage in no timeframe in america. Poor whites saying the should have reparations would be like my great grand kids being inpoverished, not because of society and never having an advantage, but because my daughters or grand kids made ill advise and bad decisions and ruined the family business. See the two are different one scenario has one set of ppl who had an advantage and blew it, wasnt advantageous, And the other situation is a set of ppl who never had the opportunity, and was behind the 8-ball the entire time.

The native american is an interest enigma. I feel they are opressed, and not all of them recieve some type of reparation. But the fact remains some of them do in comparison of not a single black has ever. Also some of the sufferage they endured was because of their own doings.

The same way ppl say whites didnt force blacks to do drugs/crack etc... (even though i dispelled that misnomer)  The rampant alcohol and drug usage of the native americans wasnt forced upon them. They basically made bad business decisions/investments. Whites didnt exactly force them to sell/barter estates and land for booze and opium.

In essense it be like saying the guy who gets ripped off for buying the fake louis vuitton bag is in the same shoes as the person who was mugged at gun point. One situation was indirectly caused by the actions of the first party, the other was forced upon them.

I understand this isnt the case for all native americans but vast majority, it applies. Being taken advantage of, and being oppressed, while both bad arent really the same thing.

It be like how mc hammer, latrell sprewell etc... People who were at the top, and because of poor decisions, mistakes and mishaps of their on doing lost it all and spiralled to the bottom. Which in essense isnt quite the same as never having anything at all and always been at the bottom.

I guess it would be like running a 4 man relay, and letting one team start the race first, then the other teams cant start until the first team reach the halfway mark. Then the lead team takes it for granted or gambles or becomes pompus, and the other team catches up with them. Then they lose and say it should all be a tie.

Its funny and ironic that ppl say blacks should forget, move on from slavery it was a long time ago. And shouldnt hold on to the past, But yet the same whites who say this dont want to move on from slavery as far as the things they benefit from said results from slavery.

Reparations could never work, neither could equality. It is not wired in our dna. It will never change. Your always going to have sets of people and groups who will feel superior then others, and live to make others inferior. Even if we were all the same skin color. It be your fat your skinny etc. Even if all had the same amount of money. It would be on looks, or advantages/better then in aspects of life. Like im a faster runner then you. I do this and that better then you. In every aspect of life there is a some sort of bottom/top of the totem pole mentality. A ranking system if you will. A formal/informal hierarchy. It has been this way since probably the beginning of time. And it will never change.

Originally Posted by kilojules64

At the end of the day all I can say is that I am black, I am a woman, I grew up in a *&%$ neighborhood, and the hardest obstacle to overcome was the latter of the three.

if you're saying that its really an economic issue at its core, then I'd agree with you. 

Originally Posted by LDJ

frink85 wrote:

That is good in theory. But heres the problem with that, and not to put words in ppl mouth. But alot of ppl feel like why include whites. Because at some point time even poor whites whether current generation or prior generations had a substantial advantage over the two other races in america. You cant really compare a poor white in current state to a minority poor in their current state. Difference is that at some point the whites had the upper hand/advantage. It was the doing of their ancestors that put there future generations in the current state they are in. Minorities are different. They never had the upperhand and advantage in no timeframe in america. Poor whites saying the should have reparations would be like my great grand kids being inpoverished, not because of society and never having an advantage, but because my daughters or grand kids made ill advise and bad decisions and ruined the family business. See the two are different one scenario has one set of ppl who had an advantage and blew it, wasnt advantageous, And the other situation is a set of ppl who never had the opportunity, and was behind the 8-ball the entire time.

The native american is an interest enigma. I feel they are opressed, and not all of them recieve some type of reparation. But the fact remains some of them do in comparison of not a single black has ever. Also some of the sufferage they endured was because of their own doings.

The same way ppl say whites didnt force blacks to do drugs/crack etc... (even though i dispelled that misnomer)  The rampant alcohol and drug usage of the native americans wasnt forced upon them. They basically made bad business decisions/investments. Whites didnt exactly force them to sell/barter estates and land for booze and opium.

In essense it be like saying the guy who gets ripped off for buying the fake louis vuitton bag is in the same shoes as the person who was mugged at gun point. One situation was indirectly caused by the actions of the first party, the other was forced upon them.

I understand this isnt the case for all native americans but vast majority, it applies. Being taken advantage of, and being oppressed, while both bad arent really the same thing.

It be like how mc hammer, latrell sprewell etc... People who were at the top, and because of poor decisions, mistakes and mishaps of their on doing lost it all and spiralled to the bottom. Which in essense isnt quite the same as never having anything at all and always been at the bottom.

I guess it would be like running a 4 man relay, and letting one team start the race first, then the other teams cant start until the first team reach the halfway mark. Then the lead team takes it for granted or gambles or becomes pompus, and the other team catches up with them. Then they lose and say it should all be a tie.

Its funny and ironic that ppl say blacks should forget, move on from slavery it was a long time ago. And shouldnt hold on to the past, But yet the same whites who say this dont want to move on from slavery as far as the things they benefit from said results from slavery.

Reparations could never work, neither could equality. It is not wired in our dna. It will never change. Your always going to have sets of people and groups who will feel superior then others, and live to make others inferior. Even if we were all the same skin color. It be your fat your skinny etc. Even if all had the same amount of money. It would be on looks, or advantages/better then in aspects of life. Like im a faster runner then you. I do this and that better then you. In every aspect of life there is a some sort of bottom/top of the totem pole mentality. A ranking system if you will. A formal/informal hierarchy. It has been this way since probably the beginning of time. And it will never change.

I can understand your point, and while I agree to an extent as an American and a human being it just seems counterproductive to play the "oppression olympics" game. While yes, Whites do have an inherent advantage in society, many are stuck in the same circumstances as minorities...who's to say they don't deserve the same help that any other person would get? Because theoretically they are better equipped to succeed? Maybe to better direct funding, you target inner cities or areas with impoverished minority demographics.

However, reading your last point, and I have to
ohwell.gif
in agreement. Not everyone can be a doctor or a lawyer, and garbage men and janitors are important workers in society. Someone awhile back in this thread mentioned giving more people a better living wage to even up a bit, I'd agree with that. Then again, I'm a borderline socialist
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom