Blacks should get reparations for everything that occured between 1930-90s

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

Originally Posted by IluvJordanXI

Went through a discussion with my poly sci class about this subject and all I can say is there is nothing the U.S can do. The best we can do is provide better education for the kids so they can be better equipped to succeed in society. Reparations should be given only to slaves because they are they are truly the ones that deserve it but I highly doubt there are any living slaves from the 1800s. Apologies should be made from the slave owners and slave traders since they were the ones who fought for slavery but they are no longer alive. The government was actually the ones who helped abolish slavery.

So what about the government destroying all the powerful black organizations in the 50s-70s? Did this not happen?

People keep talking about know your history but you guys keep referencing slavery as if that is the only thing that has happened. As if after Slavery Blacks were able to live normal American lives. You guys keep rewriting history I bet Civil Rights Movement will be erased as a whole from history like the Panthers have already been.

Btw can someone explain to me how a race that has been in US since Slavery be worse off that a race (hispanics) that are mostly new immigrants to the Country?

Because one works harder than the other
did you use the 'scientific method' to reach that conclusion you #%!%### clown.
eyes.gif
....somehow this genius wants to continue to encourage white brainwash & conditioning by portraying 'blacks as lazy'...the people who labored in this country for NOTHING in return other than to be treated brutally...yeah those are the lazy people...right....real scientific conclusion reached there...

nobody has had anything significant to say on this topic so far other than 'there are no slaves alive so nobody should get reparations'.which is stupid...I think we all are aware no slaves are still alive...regardless slavery is documented..the after shocks of slavery can still be clearly seen throughout the black community, and blacks no matter how legitiate their position in society are still targeted to be put in jail. people are truly in denial about the importance of the issue, and how slavery is still tied to today's economy just because slavery is an established phenomena...not merely some event that happened and went away....

people continue to show their ignorance to the social aspect of slavery.
Objective stats can be cited to support my opinion, rather than the common raw, defensive emotion and vigor black people always apply to being defensive, offended, excuse making and lashing out but less often to anything constructive to achieving the success that D. Whiteman is allegedly holding them back from.

Let me guess, this villainous "white man," who you characterize as so racist, is giving the Mexicans a boost in some way. But Mexicans are not really that much better off than blacks, it's pretty neck and neck. It's like asking who was more terrible last NBA season, the Cavs or the Wolves. It all comes down to what you want to look at; unemployment, incarceration, wealth, achievement, welfare and Government assistance #s, graduation rates, so you could be more specific in where you wanted to take that Michael Weshouldgetreparationsbutnotgetfiredforsmokingweedanddrinkingwhileassemblingheavymachinery. 
what is your problem? objective stats? sit your *@% down bruh. Your a disgrace and you have no argument....the white man is your boss and you have an inferior conception of your self.

'its like asking who was more terrible last NBA season'
eek.gif

really? thats the best you can do? you sure analyzed the hell out of that one! $@$! out of here.

You are not a slave though. Of course the slaves work hard, but we are talking about this generation; like people who are alive now.

I have an inferior conception of my self? How so? I'm not the one always blaming D. Whiteman for everything in my life like I don't have free will and he has some sort of mind control over me. Kats on here literally want to blame D. Whiteman for teen pregnancies in the black community, dropouts, AND crime. Like @#*$ you have your own brain, use it to make better decisions that foster success. Amazing I could be so villified for having that opinion.

You are not a slave though. Of course the slaves work hard, but we are talking about this generation; like people who are alive now.
....am I a plantation slave? No. Am I a black man who is subjected to inferiority just because I am who I am? Yes.

Is wage labor a form of slavery? Yes. Can you answer why? No. Your too busy talking about how lazy black people are and how white people really don't have it out for us....

'scientfic method'
sick.gif
your still a slave..a waste of intelligence...you say the same crap in every post like shut the *!** up....your trying to make a mockery out of something really true so in the end its you who looks like the clown.

Like @#*$ you have your own brain, use it to make better decisions that foster success. Amazing I could be so villified for having that opinion.
What are you doing to foster success? Talking down your people? Now you want to victimize yourself for 'having an opinion'....the hypocrisy
30t6p3b.gif

You are. You're.
WOW..you sure are smart aren't you? Good job correcting my grammar professor....You know, us black guys are real lazy we don't like using contractions properly
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif

You are. You're.

The people who are still slaves are the ones who are free and have a wealth of opportunities at their finger tips due to the rich history of generations who literally fought and died for them, but waste and blow those opportunities making life decisions inconducive to progress then still want to blame the white man.

You are. You're.

The people who are still slaves are the ones who are free and have a wealth of opportunities at their finger tips due to the rich history of generations who literally fought and died for them, but waste and blow those opportunities making life decisions inconducive to progress then still want to blame the white man.

Then you are sorta in the same boat then my friend. According to you the ppl of the past like ppl who endured live through the civil rights movement, crack epidemic etc paved the way for the current generation of blacks to excel and succeed. And go further then the prior generation. And if not then they are lazy etc dont wont/settle etc.. well I am from that generation and according to you in your own words youre an average joe, working for another man and really havent established/accomplished or made a mark on society yorself.

So in your words you are just alike as all those other so call lazy sorry black ppl. Whether you have a record, deadbeat daddy etc.. is irrelevant. You stated the actions and the plight and struggles of ppl in the past (my generations and beyond) made way for you to excel and move forward, progress achieve more then the prior generation.

If this is so then why are you behind me? As far as accomplishments etc things achieved? You said things are easier today then it was in the past right. So by your own accounts you should be some sort of tycoon by now. You cant be saying that times are just as bad or things are still unequal now, cause that would be a hypocricy on everything you have stated in this thread. So why havent you flurished in todays times? Do you not want to have some sort of achievements. Do you not want to be your own man? Whats holding you back?

If i could make it and achieve said goals during segregation, lack of e.o.e, a.a., etc. Then it should be a cakewalk, whistling dixie for you. Are you saying that it is by choice you are at mediocracy? I guess what i am asking is if we paved the way for progression, and made things all fair and equal and easier for you to excel, why havent you done so? Whats your hold up? Or maybe your saying life as a minority as a kid in the jim crow era was easier then it is today.

laugh.gif
You're reaching so hard. Where have I said ALL black people are lazy or ALL white people are fair. Maybe thinking in terms of all encompassing generalizations isn't such a great idea. Hell, some of the white people who are supposed to pay us reparations by the premise of this post, had ancestors who fought against the South, not to mention plenty who come from families who weren't rich enough to have even owned slaves. Why should they have to pay, assuming they even know their own family's history that well? Every white person isn't a god damned millionaire in some position of power looking to put you down. On average, D. Whiteman makes $32,500. That's middle class.

I agree the Public School system is Eurocentric. That's not why we're dropping out at such high rates though. Toronto and Seattle both have done the experiment with making their school curriculum more Afro centric.

All I am saying is people, black, white, or otherwise, who value education, hard work, and perseverance make it more often. That used to be us. Now we got over 50% of dudes not even finishing high school. Graduation stats alone pretty much directly correlates to incarceration and unemployment, which have a pretty direct line connection to "success." Nothing is absolute, and the entertainment sector completely obliterates this, but I'm sorry I don't feel sorry for the individuals who are sitting around complaining about their situation and then jumping to that old race card crutch, when there are so many in the same situation or worse, who have figured it out and made something of themselves.

I can post many blacks who made millions and started their own businesses as teens; people from the same neighborhoods where everyone else is doing the wrong things.

We could take from what every other ethnic group in the US has done and again, the foundation is education and hard work.

Sitting around thinking everything is owed to you, in and of itself, accomplishes nothing. Some people take that same anger and use it to fuel themselves to aim high. Uncle Phil became a lawyer because he felt blacks weren't getting the fair end of the justice system. Many real life lawyers, politicians, business owners, board members, etc. say the same. TW Shannon and JC Watts (Oklahoma's first black speaker of the house and black congressman) are 2 great examples of people who did so who I have heard speak on that exact topic .

Certainly they could have dropped out of school, fallen in the oh so common trap of crime, drugs, and eventually prison and death then felt sorry for themselves and blamed D. Whiteman.

Yes LDJ, I am literally saying my mediocrity is my own fault and not some white man holding me down. Literally. I could have done better in school and gotten better grades, gone to a better school, majored in something different, and had a better job. I can vote now. I can go to the same schools white people do (which I have learned from many of these NT black people complaining about something posts look like something out of the Jetsons), in fact I don't even have to be at the same standards as them being an underrepresented minority to get in. I didn't. My own fault. It is what it is.

I have had a wealth of opportunity my grandmother's grandmother didn't.

Just to be clear, does the African American community want "reparations" because of the un-paid labor or because they've been "subjected to inferiority" in the 20th and 21st century?

laugh.gif
You're reaching so hard. Where have I said ALL black people are lazy or ALL white people are fair. Maybe thinking in terms of all encompassing generalizations isn't such a great idea. Hell, some of the white people who are supposed to pay us reparations by the premise of this post, had ancestors who fought against the South, not to mention plenty who come from families who weren't rich enough to have even owned slaves. Why should they have to pay, assuming they even know their own family's history that well? Every white person isn't a god damned millionaire in some position of power looking to put you down. On average, D. Whiteman makes $32,500. That's middle class.

I agree the Public School system is Eurocentric. That's not why we're dropping out at such high rates though. Toronto and Seattle both have done the experiment with making their school curriculum more Afro centric.

All I am saying is people, black, white, or otherwise, who value education, hard work, and perseverance make it more often. That used to be us. Now we got over 50% of dudes not even finishing high school. Graduation stats alone pretty much directly correlates to incarceration and unemployment, which have a pretty direct line connection to "success." Nothing is absolute, and the entertainment sector completely obliterates this, but I'm sorry I don't feel sorry for the individuals who are sitting around complaining about their situation and then jumping to that old race card crutch, when there are so many in the same situation or worse, who have figured it out and made something of themselves.

I can post many blacks who made millions and started their own businesses as teens; people from the same neighborhoods where everyone else is doing the wrong things.

We could take from what every other ethnic group in the US has done and again, the foundation is education and hard work.

Sitting around thinking everything is owed to you, in and of itself, accomplishes nothing. Some people take that same anger and use it to fuel themselves to aim high. Uncle Phil became a lawyer because he felt blacks weren't getting the fair end of the justice system. Many real life lawyers, politicians, business owners, board members, etc. say the same. TW Shannon and JC Watts (Oklahoma's first black speaker of the house and black congressman) are 2 great examples of people who did so who I have heard speak on that exact topic .

Certainly they could have dropped out of school, fallen in the oh so common trap of crime, drugs, and eventually prison and death then felt sorry for themselves and blamed D. Whiteman.

Yes LDJ, I am literally saying my mediocrity is my own fault and not some white man holding me down. Literally. I could have done better in school and gotten better grades, gone to a better school, majored in something different, and had a better job. I can vote now. I can go to the same schools white people do (which I have learned from many of these NT black people complaining about something posts look like something out of the Jetsons), in fact I don't even have to be at the same standards as them being an underrepresented minority to get in. I didn't. My own fault. It is what it is.

But see the thing is and its admiral you accept your shortcommings. The thing you are missing out on is that everyone across the board arent priviledged to have the same opportunities. Your basically saying you having opportunities and blowing them is the same as a man who hasnt had opportunities at all. Completely different scenarios. I agree their are plenty of ppl not just black but of all races who have it so easy, that infact its to easy and basicallywant things handed to them on a silver platter. But it seems as your emphasis is that of its majority blacks and there isnt a way to prove that to be true. It can only be based on personal experiences and stereotypes.

Key example my great great grandma (rip) grew up in an entire different era then I. And with 13 siblings and only a 3rd or 4th grade education still ended up starting a babysitting cleaning service in the neighborhood, which transformed into a major business. It would be foolish of me to say everyone of the early 1900's had the opportunity to achieve this, and that everyone else who worked for the minimalist's of wages or as indentured help were lazy uninspired and just was waiting on a handout.

Just as I while in my younger days was mistreated and ostracized at a dennys restaurant when I was younger because of accompanying a white lady. I wouldnt say the lady who a few months ago who was mistreated and was giving bad service should accept it, get over it because my experience back in the day was worse then yours.

Its the same with my kids and there education. I stated earlier about my dislike about the representation of history in their social studies courses. I could say oh well at least you get decent books. Or state atleast they cover minorities throughout history. But i made a effort to go to the school and volunteer co-teach the class. I am my own man which allows me to be able to have luxuries to do things like this. Not everyone has the fortunate opportunity to do so. Those who dont i wouldnt call them uninspired, lazy, useless, or degenerates.

It is simply unawareness and naivety to say life in america as a whole is tranquil, fair, and equal all across the board. I will say that alot of ppl esp. the younger generation over empasize the unfairness, and as a old school saying goes "putting 100 on 10" But at the same time lets not totally dismiss racial/sexual inequality either.

laugh.gif

Every post you make is the same rehashed rhetorical trash...like seriously....say something different and stop being a pre-programmed robot. You referenced Uncle Phil for crying out loud...are you that shallow? You need help from Hollywood's stock characters just to piece together an argument...doesn't that say something about you as individual and how much you've actually studied the social situation?

Than you used the house speaker and black congressmen....but what is the an accomplishment of? Your entire standard and premise is off because your valuing archaic political positions that really have no general significance to the condition of the populous other than senseless mediating between the haves and have nots...I could care less about becoming a member of congress because the back and forth politics are not an effective way to change material conditions.

Its not about Toronto or Seattle adopting an Afrocentric curriculum...its about the truth being taught for what it is...blacks arent the only people who have been oppressed by European chauvinism & aggression...

You...'can'...you can do a lot of things that you don't do....so what you chose to do says a lot about yourself....look at you now

[h1]The "Fortune 500"  is a list of the 500 largest companies in the United States. Only 11 black executives have ever made it to the Chairman or CEO position of a "Fortune 500" listed company. Of these 11 executives, only 6 remained as of April 1, 2011. Franklin Raines became the first black person to lead a "Fortune 500" company, when he became CEO of Fannie Mae in 1999. On July 1, 2009, Ursula Burns became the first black woman to head a Fortune 500 company.[/h1]
[h1]
Is wage labor a form of slavery? Yes. Can you answer why? No. Your too busy talking about how lazy black people are and how white people really don't have it out for us....
[/h1]

This thread is interesting not because of the questions asked by the OP, but because it's interesting hearing different perspectives on the subject. I'm surprised this has gone 20+ pages and it's still open.

I do feel black people deserve something because it was promised to us, BUT do I think it'll happen? No.

On the matter of white priveledge... I do think there is a definite bias. But at the same time that shouldn't keep one from progressing foward. We as individuals shape our own reality and if someone won't give you something create your own lane. Easier said than done, but it bears waiting for a handout.

The biggest problem I feel is plaguing black people is post traumatic slavery syndrome. Until we change our mentality as a people, nothing will get done. We have been miseducated and jn most cases taught to hate ourselves. But I'm done ranting... Just was bored at work

Its not about Toronto or Seattle adopting an Afrocentric curriculum...its about the truth being taught for what it is...blacks arent the only people who have been oppressed by European chauvinism & aggression...

Exactly, so why should we be the only ones to get reparations? Every other group has prospered since that era in their history and again, most are doing it by education.

I referenced Uncle Phil because it was somebody who everyone would immediately identify with and not have to open up another tab and google. You want real life examples of people who adopted the same type of thinking as far as taking oppression into a motivator for them to succeed, well I named two already. Government Patrick grew up in Southside Chicago, attended and graduated from Harvard, served as an executive for 3 Fortune 500 companies before becoming Governor. There is a mayor whose name escapes me right now, who saw KKK burn crosses on his grandparents's lawn as a kid and is now mayor of that same town.

It's not that I value politicians and lawyers, but that is a prominent example of a lane where blacks don't get a fair shake. Similarly, maybe you feel there's not enough black businesses in town. Cool, start one.

And you know why I named politicians, but you are pretending not to just for the sake of argument. Again, these are people who complained about "they system," but rather than just complain, through education and being motivated by the aforementioned, put themselves in position to do something about it. If you complain about he white man and it's all a trap, and he wants you to fail, then fail because of it, aren't you playing into "his" hands? How bout sticking it to "him" by NOT doing all of those things "he" wants you to.

And meet Farrah Gray, teenage millionaire by 14, has a book out called Reallionaire.

Daymond John from Fubu, not a teen but I love his story http://www.youtube.com/wa...HZ-kVKYQ&feature=related

Ephren Taylor

LeeAnna Archer

Not monetary but still high achievement nonetheless

14 yr old invents surgical technique http://www.youtube.com/wa...hkvG4DK0&feature=related

15 yr old goes to Harvard (but she's African so I guess disqualifies her) http://www.youtube.com/wa...zDI1dasY&feature=related

50k by 15 from South Chicago http://www.youtube.com/wa...996Djcf8&feature=related

If you want more, let me know. The list especially gets long if we take away the teenage classification.

The biggest problem I feel is plaguing black people is post traumatic slavery syndrome. Until we change our mentality as a people, nothing will get done. We have been miseducated and jn most cases taught to hate ourselves. But I'm done ranting... Just was bored at work

I agree, but many people keep equating trying to make something of yourself going forward as forgetting where you came from, belittling or forgetting your history, or something of that nature. I see it as the best way of paying tribute, to go forth and become a success and thus make it all worthwhile.

How would people who were beaten, lynched, and in some cases had to be protected by the National Guard just to be able to go to school feel to see people who don't have to go through that for that same opportunity, dropping out in record rates?

I agree LDJ everyone doesn't have the same opportunities, black or white. But again, that kills the whole white privilege argument and the need for it to begin with. Every white person isn't automatically highly regarded on first impression. Every white person doesn't just walk into an interview or similar situation and go, "check it out, I'm white" and thusly get put in CEO seats, college admission, or otherwise positions for which they aren't qualified. I'm sure it happens, wouldn't deny that one bit.

The problem with these discussions is the massive amount of generalizations and hyperbole that fuel it really.

Exactly, so why should we be the only ones to get reparations? Every other group has prospered since that era in their history and again, most are doing it by education.

I referenced Uncle Phil because it was somebody who everyone would immediately identify with and not have to open up another tab and google. You want real life examples of people who adopted the same type of thinking as far as taking oppression into a motivator for them to succeed, well I named two already. Government Patrick grew up in Southside Chicago, attended and graduated from Harvard, served as an executive for 3 Fortune 500 companies before becoming Governor. There is a mayor whose name escapes me right now, who saw KKK burn crosses on his grandparents's lawn as a kid and is now mayor of that same town.

It's not that I value politicians and lawyers, but that is a prominent example of a lane where blacks don't get a fair shake. Similarly, maybe you feel there's not enough black businesses in town. Cool, start one.

And you know why I named politicians, but you are pretending not to just for the sake of argument. Again, these are people who complained about "they system," but rather than just complain, through education and being motivated by the aforementioned, put themselves in position to do something about it. If you complain about he white man and it's all a trap, and he wants you to fail, then fail because of it, aren't you playing into "his" hands? How bout sticking it to "him" by NOT doing all of those things "he" wants you to.

And meet Farrah Gray, teenage millionaire by 14, has a book out called Reallionaire.

Daymond John from Fubu, not a teen but I love his story http://www.youtube.com/wa...HZ-kVKYQ&feature=related

Ephren Taylor

LeeAnna Archer

Not monetary but still high achievement nonetheless

14 yr old invents surgical technique http://www.youtube.com/wa...hkvG4DK0&feature=related

15 yr old goes to Harvard (but she's African so I guess disqualifies her) http://www.youtube.com/wa...zDI1dasY&feature=related

50k by 15 from South Chicago http://www.youtube.com/wa...996Djcf8&feature=related

If you want more, let me know. The list especially gets long if we take away the teenage classification.

I agree, but many people keep equating trying to make something of yourself going forward as forgetting where you came from, belittling or forgetting your history, or something of that nature. I see it as the best way of paying tribute, to go forth and become a success and thus make it all worthwhile.

How would people who were beaten, lynched, and in some cases had to be protected by the National Guard just to be able to go to school feel to see people who don't have to go through that for that same opportunity, dropping out in record rates?

I agree LDJ everyone doesn't have the same opportunities, black or white. But again, that kills the whole white privilege argument and the need for it to begin with. Every white person isn't automatically highly regarded on first impression. Every white person doesn't just walk into an interview or similar situation and go, "check it out, I'm white" and thusly get put in CEO seats, college admission, or otherwise positions for which they aren't qualified. I'm sure it happens, wouldn't deny that one bit.

The problem with these discussions is the massive amount of generalizations and hyperbole that fuel it really.

Every white person isn't automatically highly regarded on first impression
true but lets not act like it doesnt occur. and it does more often then it does any other race in america.

And the old passage goes you cant no where you going untill you know where you been. And if not taught where you been its kinda hard to due so. and your right not every white person benefits from being aires to a walmart or a mckie dees so forth and so on. but the differences in those who are versus minorities is greatly different. the opportunities for whites is far more abundance then those of any other race in the usa. but that shouldnt be an excuse to not even try. yes it is more the likely that to applicants of same statue one being white and the other being a minority, that the white will get the job and/or will be paid more for the same position its documented and fact. my problem is that minorities shouldnt use that as an excuse to not work at all. yes i agree with that, but by saying or implying it doesnt exist is equally as bad as using it as an excuse.

We honestly do need reparations it makes no sense why we literally haven't gotten any compensation at all.

Well, like I thought, this isn't ending well. I'll just try to make a simple yet thoughtful answer, without being ignorant like quite a few responses in here, whether they were meant jokingly or not.

I believe in reparations, but only to a certain extent. I wouldn't at all hand over large sums of money to any group that may not even no their own history. I mean, I may be generalizing right now, but I can point out quite a few black kids who don't know their own history, and even older blacks who may not even care. If I could hand out reparations myself, it would be blacks who are 40-45 and up. My dad was born in 1962, so he lived directly in the middle of every civil right act and saw waaaaaaay more racial tension and stuff that I haven't even came close to seeing. I would also try to pour in directly into black/low income communities, really do something positive with the surroundings. You'd be surprised at how brand new businesses, affordable homes, and just nice necessary things come make a community feel. If you are surrounded by the slums all the time, that's the attitude you'll have, like you can't make it. At 24, I don't need any reparations, I'm trying to get myself together so I can be able to do good things and bring my own community/surroundings up. Education and the sheer want and drive to succeed is a hell of a lot more important than getting immediate reparations, whether blacks deserve it or not. It should be common knowledge that blacks have/had the biggest plight out of any race, with not nearly the enough "compensation in return" compared to other races/nationalities, but you won't see me waiting around for any reparations. I can't control any reparations, but I can control my education and will to succeed.

Nice 3 year bump DC :lol:....I like my answer, and it still applies

Last edited:
Add to the original list in the OP: giving dangerous Mexican cartels a direct, unchecked, line to Chicago where they merchandised their crippling wares at the expense of the underprivileged, urban communities.

"Just last year Chicago had over 600 caskets"--yeahh, the U.S government had a hand in that.

:smh:

Last edited:
Best revenge? Sweep this country right out from under their feet.. Possible? Yes.

Will it happen? No. The current state of the black community right now is lulzy. I don't think there's a crab in the bucket mentality more prevalent in another ethnic culture than there is with African-Americans. Aspire to be better? Dudes will throw shade. Parents worked hard to make sure you didn't struggle? Dudes will throw shade. Best in your school at something? Dudes will find a reason to throw shade. It goes on and on with literally any situation you can think of.

When the worst enemy of the black man became the black man, we were doomed. Spiritual prisoners in the country of our oppressors. I try to tell my homies that think higher education, or a higher calling period isn't for them.. It's like a damn oilfield for an educated black man in this country. There's no reason to consider actions that'll you make a prisoner of the new slave system.

Worst part is, try to impart some knowledge to the not as intelligent, they'll acknowledge it, and then carry on like it doesn't matter. People in general are just sheep. Mindless sheep.

It's fact that the white community has disenfranchised and engineered the self-destruction of African-Americans, yet they still carry out their own execution. Pathetic

Last edited:
I need to think about my opinion on this one but I am leaning towards something other than materialist items
For example, college tuition, possibly land. Just a thought

We?

This reparations debate has to be the most impractical s#$# ever. Where do we draw the line for the many oppressed groups throughout history, do they deserve reparations as well?

And is there a specific figure people are looking at? Is it the traditional 40 acres and a mule or is there a modern day equivalent adjusted for inflation.
Stop everybody else has received compensation from colonialism or times of western oppression this whole we need to draw a line why does the line always get drawn when blsck people want to get their piece that's ridiculous .Our ancestors created all the modern wealth of the Western Hemisphere Irishmen got deeds and land for moving here Italians to .Folks were getting handed land if they dared to venture west .Got all types if business loans grants money for starting business banks gave them help etc.Yet blsck people ask for what is due to them .

I need to think about my opinion on this one but I am leaning towards something other than materialist items
That make sense srs

Last edited:
College tuition just sends money back to these colleges who profited from it .Give us money and create programs through black universities to improve them not no Columbus university or Michigan schools like Dillard TSU need that Money. Free tuition to Yale or whatever just gets them a check from the gov .

Super gravedig, but we do deserve some type of reparation.  With the loss of prominent black leaders in the community due to assassinations and drugs, the black community's growth was severely stunted.  That combined with racial discrimination in schools and in society, we have been shoved to the bottom.  After being placed there all of a sudden, all of the evils are overlooked and we're just told to get over it.  Some of us(20+) have even witnessed it with the crooked drug laws, redlining, stop and frisk....It's just not right.  It's all systematic at the end of the day.  In reality, there's no way in hell we'd get reparations.  This country hates us too much.  The only way for the black community can get help, is if we help ourselves.  

Back
Top Bottom