Breaking News: Derrick Rose named 2010-2011 MVP

It's a conspiracy to build more known faces for the league as a lot of the better known veterans are on the way out.
People bring up the Nash mvp argument, but Nash was the most important figure on one of the most potent offensive teams ever.  Chicago wins mostly off defense, now is Rose the most dynamic defender on the Bulls?  The problem with the award is what tangibles are included to determine the winner.  Is it stats? how much of it is an emotional vote? 

We all know everyone and their mother doesn't really like Lebron too much and it shows by peoples counter arguments including the Decision
eyes.gif
grin.gif
, Bron's lack of game winners...maybe a valid argument.  However, nobody mentions the difficulty of transitioning into a new team with new players; including another top player in Wade.  Still being able to put up very similar #'s to his previous MVP seasons should be a testament to at least being 2nd in votes if he did not win.

Someone said earlier, Rose is the better story. Congrats though, he's a great player.

Originally Posted by that WAVE

It's a conspiracy to build more known faces for the league as a lot of the better known veterans are on the way out.
People bring up the Nash mvp argument, but Nash was the most important figure on one of the most potent offensive teams ever.  Chicago wins mostly off defense, now is Rose the most dynamic defender on the Bulls?  The problem with the award is what tangibles are included to determine the winner.  Is it stats? how much of it is an emotional vote? 

We all know everyone and their mother doesn't really like Lebron too much and it shows by peoples counter arguments including the Decision
eyes.gif
grin.gif
, Bron's lack of game winners...maybe a valid argument.  However, nobody mentions the difficulty of transitioning into a new team with new players; including another top player in Wade.  Still being able to put up very similar #'s to his previous MVP seasons should be a testament to at least being 2nd in votes if he did not win.

Someone said earlier, Rose is the better story. Congrats though, he's a great player.
It's just funny to me that people arguing for Lebron make it seem like Rose has no case whatsoever. That's just nonsense his team ended with the best record, never lost more than two games in a row, Noah and Boozer both missed extended time and the only constant all year was Rose. Sorry but transitioning to a new team with an elite player you chose to join is not that impressive to me. Especially considering the fact that Dwade has given Lebron the opportunity to take almost every big shot to win the game and Lebron has clanked them all. The Heat could have ended with the best record in the League if Wade was handling the ball in crunch time. Lebron is not even the clear cut best player on the Heat.

eyes.gif
grin.gif

It's just funny to me that people arguing for Lebron make it seem like Rose has no case whatsoever. That's just nonsense his team ended with the best record, never lost more than two games in a row, Noah and Boozer both missed extended time and the only constant all year was Rose. Sorry but transitioning to a new team with an elite player you chose to join is not that impressive to me. Especially considering the fact that Dwade has given Lebron the opportunity to take almost every big shot to win the game and Lebron has clanked them all. The Heat could have ended with the best record in the League if Wade was handling the ball in crunch time. Lebron is not even the clear cut best player on the Heat.

Originally Posted by epox12

eyes.gif
grin.gif

and I can argue that ending with the best record isn't impressive to me, but on the other hand saying Noah and Boozer weren't there for an extended period of time is a decent argument
but just to put it out there during the regular season: Bron was 1-8 in clutch shot situations, Wade was 0-5
Just wondering what is your logic behind saying Wade is better than LeBron?

what I've come to notice is people (general statement not directed at anyone) tend to ignore stats, the ability to make people better around you, etc...you see a few highlights here and there and that player is the greatest or next best thing (for example Blake Griffin)
I want to get it out the way that I'm not completely against Rose winning MVP it's just the arguments presented for his case overall have been very weak.  Rose won this award mid season, and it has been a popularity contest since.

eyes.gif
grin.gif

and I can argue that ending with the best record isn't impressive to me, but on the other hand saying Noah and Boozer weren't there for an extended period of time is a decent argument
but just to put it out there during the regular season: Bron was 1-8 in clutch shot situations, Wade was 0-5

what I've come to notice is people (general statement not directed at anyone) tend to ignore stats, the ability to make people better around you, etc...you see a few highlights here and there and that player is the greatest or next best thing (for example Blake Griffin)
I want to get it out the way that I'm not completely against Rose winning MVP it's just the arguments presented for his case overall have been very weak.  Rose won this award mid season, and it has been a popularity contest since.

Look, unless a guy averages 35, 10, and 10, takes a 30 win team to 60 wins, and does it by himself, there will never be a clear cut MVP.

There are so many great players in the league. I'm one of Rose's biggest fans and advocates, but I wouldn't be salty if Dwight won. Kobe, LeBron , Wade, Durant....etc......all terrific players with great seasons. I get upset when someone discredits what Derrick has done. You don't have to agree that he's the MVP, but you shouldn't be angry over the decision. The kid played out of his mind this season, and no real Bulls fan expected us to win 62 games this year, let alone with Booz and Joakim missing a big chunk of games.

Give the guy his props. He's humble as hell, and detracts all the attention to his teammates and coaches. Stop the hate.

Look, unless a guy averages 35, 10, and 10, takes a 30 win team to 60 wins, and does it by himself, there will never be a clear cut MVP.

There are so many great players in the league. I'm one of Rose's biggest fans and advocates, but I wouldn't be salty if Dwight won. Kobe, LeBron , Wade, Durant....etc......all terrific players with great seasons. I get upset when someone discredits what Derrick has done. You don't have to agree that he's the MVP, but you shouldn't be angry over the decision. The kid played out of his mind this season, and no real Bulls fan expected us to win 62 games this year, let alone with Booz and Joakim missing a big chunk of games.

Give the guy his props. He's humble as hell, and detracts all the attention to his teammates and coaches. Stop the hate.

eyes.gif
grin.gif

Wade may have been 0-5 but the quality of the shots Dwade takes in the clutch to Lebron is not even comparable. Wade attacks the basket he might have missed all five but at least he had the right idea. We know what shot Lebron takes in most every clutch situation: a step three pointer that everyone knows is going to clank before he even releases it. Look at all the great closers in the game right now Kobe, Pierce, Wade, Melo, etc. the only one that shoots those horrible step back threes almost every time in the clutch is Lebron. He is a mediocre three point shooter at best but he keeps jacking them up like he is Reggie Miller.    

Originally Posted by Deuce King

The right person won the award.  To be the MVP of the league it's not about racking up a bunch of technical fouls during the season while not playing for your team down the stretch cause your suspended for certain games, it's not about dancing on stage before the regular season even begins talking about how many championships your NOT going to win and coming up with silly commercials, and it's dam sure not about saying derogatory slurs to a referee on national television for all to see during a game.  It's about carrying your team to be at the top of your division, restoring greatness back to your organization, being a leader on your team with your play and being well-respected throughout the league.  That is what an MVP is all about!  Congrats to D.Rose!! 

That was on point.

The right person won the award.  To be the MVP of the league it's not about racking up a bunch of technical fouls during the season while not playing for your team down the stretch cause your suspended for certain games, it's not about dancing on stage before the regular season even begins talking about how many championships your NOT going to win and coming up with silly commercials, and it's dam sure not about saying derogatory slurs to a referee on national television for all to see during a game.  It's about carrying your team to be at the top of your division, restoring greatness back to your organization, being a leader on your team with your play and being well-respected throughout the league.  That is what an MVP is all about!  Congrats to D.Rose!! 

That was on point.

eyes.gif
grin.gif

Wade may have been 0-5 but the quality of the shots Dwade takes in the clutch to Lebron is not even comparable. Wade attacks the basket he might have missed all five but at least he had the right idea. We know what shot Lebron takes in most every clutch situation: a step three pointer that everyone knows is going to clank before he even releases it. Look at all the great closers in the game right now Kobe, Pierce, Wade, Melo, etc. the only one that shoots those horrible step back threes almost every time in the clutch is Lebron. He is a mediocre three point shooter at best but he keeps jacking them up like he is Reggie Miller.    

Well said.

Well said.

THE HATE IN HERE IS THICK ......I CAN SMELL IT COMING THROUGH THE SCREEN

CONGRATS TO DERRICK WE KNEW IT WAS HIS SINCE THE ALL-STAR BREAK
pimp.gif

THE HATE IN HERE IS THICK ......I CAN SMELL IT COMING THROUGH THE SCREEN

CONGRATS TO DERRICK WE KNEW IT WAS HIS SINCE THE ALL-STAR BREAK
pimp.gif

You need to be the best player in the league.

The rest of that opinionated nonsense is some of the worst garbage I've ever read.

You need to be the best player in the league.

The rest of that opinionated nonsense is some of the worst garbage I've ever read.

we must have watched different games, once all the media attacked Bron for that shot he began taking the ball in...but thats a discussion for another thread
lets not derail this thread into a Lebron topic, congrats D. Rose

I will forever be this man as long as he is in the league and on the Bulls with no shame
laugh.gif

chappelle-player-haters-ball.jpg

we must have watched different games, once all the media attacked Bron for that shot he began taking the ball in...but thats a discussion for another thread
lets not derail this thread into a Lebron topic, congrats D. Rose

I will forever be this man as long as he is in the league and on the Bulls with no shame
laugh.gif

chappelle-player-haters-ball.jpg

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

That was on point.

Half of it has nothing to do with actual basketball, but it's on point?

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

That was on point.

Half of it has nothing to do with actual basketball, but it's on point?

So it is about having the best narrative. I suspected as much. Congrats to Derrick nonetheless.

So it is about having the best narrative. I suspected as much. Congrats to Derrick nonetheless.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

We knew it was gonna happen AL1.  All a narrative.  Every "argument" that is made for why Rose should win the MVP can either be discounted by statistics or can apply to other players as much if not more than Rose.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

We knew it was gonna happen AL1.  All a narrative.  Every "argument" that is made for why Rose should win the MVP can either be discounted by statistics or can apply to other players as much if not more than Rose.

Back
Top Bottom