Breaking News: Derrick Rose named 2010-2011 MVP

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Originally Posted by Deuce King

The right person won the award.  To be the MVP of the league it's not about racking up a bunch of technical fouls during the season while not playing for your team down the stretch cause your suspended for certain games, it's not about dancing on stage before the regular season even begins talking about how many championships your NOT going to win and coming up with silly commercials, and it's dam sure not about saying derogatory slurs to a referee on national television for all to see during a game.  It's about carrying your team to be at the top of your division, restoring greatness back to your organization, being a leader on your team with your play and being well-respected throughout the league.  That is what an MVP is all about!  Congrats to D.Rose!! 

You need to be the best player in the league.

The rest of that opinionated nonsense is some of the worst garbage I've ever read.

The MVP award is not for the best player in the league, it is given to the player that is the MOST valuable to his team. Why can't haters, durant, Dirk, dwight fans along lebron stans realize that?There is no "best player in the NBA" award. Never has been. Maybe there should be so people won't have this confusion.Before a lebron fan defends lebron, ask yourself this, was lebron more valuable to his team this season? More than his previous seasons with cleveland? If you say yes, not only you're delusional, but you are a stan. Plain and simple.

The right person won the award.  To be the MVP of the league it's not about racking up a bunch of technical fouls during the season while not playing for your team down the stretch cause your suspended for certain games, it's not about dancing on stage before the regular season even begins talking about how many championships your NOT going to win and coming up with silly commercials, and it's dam sure not about saying derogatory slurs to a referee on national television for all to see during a game.  It's about carrying your team to be at the top of your division, restoring greatness back to your organization, being a leader on your team with your play and being well-respected throughout the league.  That is what an MVP is all about!  Congrats to D.Rose!! 

The rest of that opinionated nonsense is some of the worst garbage I've ever read.

The MVP award is not for the best player in the league, it is given to the player that is the MOST valuable to his team. Why can't haters, durant, Dirk, dwight fans along lebron stans realize that?There is no "best player in the NBA" award. Never has been. Maybe there should be so people won't have this confusion.Before a lebron fan defends lebron, ask yourself this, was lebron more valuable to his team this season? More than his previous seasons with cleveland? If you say yes, not only you're delusional, but you are a stan. Plain and simple.

The great thing is that regardless of what anyone says........Derrick Rose will be the 2011 NBA MVP.

The great thing is that regardless of what anyone says........Derrick Rose will be the 2011 NBA MVP.

One day after teammate C.J. Watson Tweeted out congratulations to Derrick Rose for winning the NBA's most valuable player award, Rose claimed he hadn't been notified by the league yet and laughed off Watson's claim.

"I didn't say anything to him about that, but I'm happy that he's doing that," Rose said. "It means a lot coming from him. C.J. knows a lot of people out here, a lot of famous people too. So watch that guy."

Watson has over 337,000 followers on Twitter, a phenomenon that even Watson has had trouble explaining in the past.

"Look at his followers," Rose said. "He's got a lot of famous people following him."

Rose has been the favorite to become the league's youngest MVP in history for months. An official announcement is expected this week, with a formal presentation at either Game 1 or 2.

"If I get it, it will be nice, unbelievable, a goal I said at the beginning of the year that I wanted to achieve," Rose said. "It would be huge, not only for me but for the city."

Rose said the award likely would end up at his mother's house, where his Rookie of the Year award rests as well.

"If anything, she'll probably steal it from me if I do get it," Rose said. "That would be a great (Mother's Day) gift if I could give it to her."

One day after teammate C.J. Watson Tweeted out congratulations to Derrick Rose for winning the NBA's most valuable player award, Rose claimed he hadn't been notified by the league yet and laughed off Watson's claim.

"I didn't say anything to him about that, but I'm happy that he's doing that," Rose said. "It means a lot coming from him. C.J. knows a lot of people out here, a lot of famous people too. So watch that guy."

Watson has over 337,000 followers on Twitter, a phenomenon that even Watson has had trouble explaining in the past.

"Look at his followers," Rose said. "He's got a lot of famous people following him."

Rose has been the favorite to become the league's youngest MVP in history for months. An official announcement is expected this week, with a formal presentation at either Game 1 or 2.

"If I get it, it will be nice, unbelievable, a goal I said at the beginning of the year that I wanted to achieve," Rose said. "It would be huge, not only for me but for the city."

Rose said the award likely would end up at his mother's house, where his Rookie of the Year award rests as well.

"If anything, she'll probably steal it from me if I do get it," Rose said. "That would be a great (Mother's Day) gift if I could give it to her."

Originally Posted by sickickz23

Read this:
(On Rose) And finally, there's the idea of his indispensability -- it's the "they're nothing without him" approach. If that's the case, the Bulls should perform much worse when he's off the court than they do. Certainly, it's the case with most other stars. The Heat are 10.49 points per 100 possessions worse without LeBron James this season; the Mavs, 16.68 points worse without Dirk Nowitzki; the Magic, 6.95 worse without Howard, and the Lakers, 6.20 worse without Bryant.

Rose's Bulls? They lose just 1.49 points per 100 possessions. When he's off the court, they still outscore opponents by 6.78 per 100, which roughly translates to a 55-win team.

Read this:
(On Rose) And finally, there's the idea of his indispensability -- it's the "they're nothing without him" approach. If that's the case, the Bulls should perform much worse when he's off the court than they do. Certainly, it's the case with most other stars. The Heat are 10.49 points per 100 possessions worse without LeBron James this season; the Mavs, 16.68 points worse without Dirk Nowitzki; the Magic, 6.95 worse without Howard, and the Lakers, 6.20 worse without Bryant.

Rose's Bulls? They lose just 1.49 points per 100 possessions. When he's off the court, they still outscore opponents by 6.78 per 100, which roughly translates to a 55-win team.

The MVP award is not for the best player in the league, it is given to the player that is the MOST valuable to his team. Why can't haters, durant, Dirk, dwight fans along lebron stans realize that? 

The MVP award is not for the best player in the league, it is given to the player that is the MOST valuable to his team. Why can't haters, durant, Dirk, dwight fans along lebron stans realize that? 

Originally Posted by JD617

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

That was on point.

Half of it has nothing to do with actual basketball, but it's on point?
Relax. I simply feel that what he wrote was dead on.

Originally Posted by JD617

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

That was on point.

Half of it has nothing to do with actual basketball, but it's on point?
Relax. I simply feel that what he wrote was dead on.

Originally Posted by dland24

Read this:

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Seriously..........seriously?? There is someone in the galaxy that thinks the Bulls would've won 55 games without Derrick Rose?????????????????

Originally Posted by dland24

Read this:

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Seriously..........seriously?? There is someone in the galaxy that thinks the Bulls would've won 55 games without Derrick Rose?????????????????

bron bron didn't win so i'm good with the choice. bulls won't win the chip anyway. it's a nice silver medal for the fans

bron bron didn't win so i'm good with the choice. bulls won't win the chip anyway. it's a nice silver medal for the fans

Originally Posted by DubA169

Wheres your team at?

Originally Posted by DubA169

Wheres your team at?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ all these excited bulls fans in here.

I'm a huge Derrick Rose fan, but stop acting like this means anything for your team.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ all these excited bulls fans in here.

I'm a huge Derrick Rose fan, but stop acting like this means anything for your team.

Back
Top Bottom