Breaking News: Derrick Rose named 2010-2011 MVP

Originally Posted by sickickz23

Once again, people here aren't understanding what the MVP trophy is all about.
laugh.gif
 It's cool, keep thinking the MVP = best player in the NBA. Using that logic in MLB, A-Rod and Pujols should be the MVP every season in their respected leagues.
laugh.gif

This is a really dumb argument.  95% of the time, the best player in the league wins the MVP in baseball. 

There is no argument you can make for Rose that i can't make for Dwight. Team accomplismenta don't mean $%$# for an individual award. Unless that one player somehow wins every game for that team.

There is no argument you can make for Rose that i can't make for Dwight. Team accomplismenta don't mean $%$# for an individual award. Unless that one player somehow wins every game for that team.

laugh.gif
 It's cool, keep thinking the MVP = best player in the NBA. Using that logic in MLB, A-Rod and Pujols should be the MVP every season in their respected leagues.
laugh.gif

This is a really dumb argument.  95% of the time, the best player in the league wins the MVP in baseball. 

I can't theres a debate about this. Rose led his team to the BEST record in the league despite injuries to very key players. I never even thought they would get one of the league's top 5 records.

I can't theres a debate about this. Rose led his team to the BEST record in the league despite injuries to very key players. I never even thought they would get one of the league's top 5 records.

Originally Posted by dland24

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Josh Hamilton
&

Joey Votto

aren't the best players in the league tho.....

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Josh Hamilton
&

Joey Votto

I have no problems with him winning, after all he did have a great year, but i dont think that he was flat out better than everybody else, so much that he ran away with the award like he did.

It should have been a close race between him, Lebron, and Dwight

Lebron stats are just as good, and he contributes way more on the defense than Rose.

And Dwight is the Magic, nobody means more to their team on both sides of the court than him.

I have no problems with him winning, after all he did have a great year, but i dont think that he was flat out better than everybody else, so much that he ran away with the award like he did.

It should have been a close race between him, Lebron, and Dwight

Lebron stats are just as good, and he contributes way more on the defense than Rose.

And Dwight is the Magic, nobody means more to their team on both sides of the court than him.

Originally Posted by BishopStrongBow

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Josh Hamilton
&

Joey Votto

Are you saying they didnt have the best seasons tho?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Josh Hamilton
&

Joey Votto

Josh Hamilton
&

Joey Votto

Nah you right, they RAKED last year, especialy Votto 
sick.gif

I think i took it wrongly, I thought you were saying that 95% of the time the best player in the MLB wins the MVP...And thats why I said Votto & Josh aren't the best players in the Major Leagues

Idk man im $***!% tippin already, I shouldnt be on NT 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

tomorrow im going to wake up like '+#+! did i say?'

Josh Hamilton
&

Joey Votto

Nah you right, they RAKED last year, especialy Votto 
sick.gif

I think i took it wrongly, I thought you were saying that 95% of the time the best player in the MLB wins the MVP...And thats why I said Votto & Josh aren't the best players in the Major Leagues

Idk man im $***!% tippin already, I shouldnt be on NT 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

tomorrow im going to wake up like '+#+! did i say?'

whoa whoa whoa. people thought the bulls werent a top 5 team?

before season started of course.

Just wish that somehow Kobe got him another MVP.

Cuz this was his last chance lol

And there's no way Kobe should have 1 mvp

and Nash have 2

and Dirk have 1 too

smhhhhhh 

Just wish that somehow Kobe got him another MVP.

Cuz this was his last chance lol

And there's no way Kobe should have 1 mvp

and Nash have 2

and Dirk have 1 too

smhhhhhh 

Originally Posted by 2g00d4u

Lakers, Heat, Celtics, Magic, Mavs, Spurs, Thunder. You are telling me you thought the Bulls were a better team than they were before the season started?

Originally Posted by 2g00d4u

Lakers, Heat, Celtics, Magic, Mavs, Spurs, Thunder. You are telling me you thought the Bulls were a better team than they were before the season started?

Originally Posted by MrONegative

I agree LeBron's better and D12 and KD too. 
To me the first step of an MVP season is seeming like you've done everything you can possibly do, and that was the difference in your team never really failing. KD shoulda sonned Westbrook, D12 shoulda sonned everyone in his reach everyone and LeBron should've hit some gamewinners and won All-Star MVP. The momentum he would've had if he won that, would've put him right there in the conversation.

Basically Kobe and the Lakers had that All-Star weekend and 3 weeks after that LeBron would've needed for that MV3. His fault for pissing people off.
ohwell.gif
LeBron was NOT going to win MVP no matter what. If he averaged 35ppg, 15 rebounds, 10 assists, 2 steals and a shot block with a 56% FG% he still would not have won. He was out of the conversation before the season started. By the same token, D.Rose as MVP was decided halfway into the season.

LeBron had the best individual numbers of any player in the league. Not opinion, fact. 

The dude was the #2 scorer in the leauge only behind KD. LeBron shot 51.1% compared to KD's 46.2%. The only top 10 scorer that shot a higher percentage was Dirk with 51.7%. LeBron is the best defender at his position in the league. Best perimeter defender in the league. Highest player efficiency rating in the league. 

Does that make you an MVP though? Remember, MVP stands for Most Valuable Player. So.......   No. Not really. It's possible to pad your own stats without really adding to the rest of the teams level of play. A better way to judge a players value to his team is win shares. 

So what are LeBron's win shares? #1 in the league in overall win shares. #1 in the league in win shares per. #1 in the league in offensive win shares. #3 in the league in defensive win shares, only behind Dwight and KG.

It's not reasonable to say LeBron is not the "most valuable player" in the game. You can't be at the top of every list of player efficiency and team value ratings and be less valuable than someone who's lower or not there at all.

So is D.Rose deserving. Well.... simply put... no. If someone else is more deserving of a title that only one person can receive, then you're not deserving. In this case, there are 2 players (LeBron & Dwight) who are more deserving.

This MVP race has been more of a "I like this guy and he had a great year" race. You have people saying things like "LeBron should have hit some game winners". Have you not seen some of these bricks D.Rose has been throwing up in the second half of the season? He's been jacking up shots at Kobe levels.

LeBron is held to a different standard. It's that simple. Like I said, #6 was out of the conversation before the season started. 

To me the first step of an MVP season is seeming like you've done everything you can possibly do, and that was the difference in your team never really failing. KD shoulda sonned Westbrook, D12 shoulda sonned everyone in his reach everyone and LeBron should've hit some gamewinners and won All-Star MVP. The momentum he would've had if he won that, would've put him right there in the conversation.

Basically Kobe and the Lakers had that All-Star weekend and 3 weeks after that LeBron would've needed for that MV3. His fault for pissing people off.
ohwell.gif
LeBron was NOT going to win MVP no matter what. If he averaged 35ppg, 15 rebounds, 10 assists, 2 steals and a shot block with a 56% FG% he still would not have won. He was out of the conversation before the season started. By the same token, D.Rose as MVP was decided halfway into the season.

LeBron had the best individual numbers of any player in the league. Not opinion, fact. 

The dude was the #2 scorer in the leauge only behind KD. LeBron shot 51.1% compared to KD's 46.2%. The only top 10 scorer that shot a higher percentage was Dirk with 51.7%. LeBron is the best defender at his position in the league. Best perimeter defender in the league. Highest player efficiency rating in the league. 

Does that make you an MVP though? Remember, MVP stands for Most Valuable Player. So.......   No. Not really. It's possible to pad your own stats without really adding to the rest of the teams level of play. A better way to judge a players value to his team is win shares. 

So what are LeBron's win shares? #1 in the league in overall win shares. #1 in the league in win shares per. #1 in the league in offensive win shares. #3 in the league in defensive win shares, only behind Dwight and KG.

It's not reasonable to say LeBron is not the "most valuable player" in the game. You can't be at the top of every list of player efficiency and team value ratings and be less valuable than someone who's lower or not there at all.

So is D.Rose deserving. Well.... simply put... no. If someone else is more deserving of a title that only one person can receive, then you're not deserving. In this case, there are 2 players (LeBron & Dwight) who are more deserving.

This MVP race has been more of a "I like this guy and he had a great year" race. You have people saying things like "LeBron should have hit some game winners". Have you not seen some of these bricks D.Rose has been throwing up in the second half of the season? He's been jacking up shots at Kobe levels.

LeBron is held to a different standard. It's that simple. Like I said, #6 was out of the conversation before the season started. 

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

ohwell.gif

There was a stat out there that D. Rose lead the league in last second quarter ending heaves...........

Also, who the %+$# else would you have shoot for the Bulls? Keith Bogans maybe???  or Omer Asik perhaps?? It's obvious you want your man 'Bron to win the award, which is fine, but to have the audacity to say Rose is un-deserving because of some cockamamie theory you cooked up is ridiculous. LeBron James is a beast, but this season.......THIS SEASON, he is not the league's most valuable player.

You people can have your opinions, but my gosh, ya'll hate on Derrick like he didn't have an awesome season and lead his team to the best record in the league.

Back
Top Bottom