Breaking News: Derrick Rose named 2010-2011 MVP

Originally Posted by JD617

Originally Posted by IheartDrums

Originally Posted by JD617

I still don't agree, but we all knew this was coming. Good for him I guess.

who did you think? just wondering. 
nerd.gif

I think it should've been Dwight.

Same.

I can't WAIT still Derek Rose goes head to head with Lebron outplays him and sends the Heat home in the playoffs

I can't WAIT still Derek Rose goes head to head with Lebron outplays him and sends the Heat home in the playoffs

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

I can't WAIT still till Derek Derrick Rose goes head to head with Lebron outplays him and sends the Heat home in the playoffs
Fixed.  This bothered me for some reason. 

I can't WAIT still till Derek Derrick Rose goes head to head with Lebron outplays him and sends the Heat home in the playoffs

^Me too lol.

Anyways, I'm glad he won but is still receiving a lot of criticism. Motivation
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

^Me too lol.

Anyways, I'm glad he won but is still receiving a lot of criticism. Motivation
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by amel223

Um you do know that they play 2 totally different positions and wont go head-to-head. If anything, if they meet, it would be chambers/dwade gaurding him. I swear give a kid a 360 and nba 2k and they all of a sudden know basketball. Become a regular Hubie Browns'
And just for insult to injury.

Chicago: . Rose 27 Pts, 1 Reb, 5 Ast, 1 Stl

Miami: L. James 26 Pts, 8 Reb, 6 Ast, 2 Stl
[table][tr][td]LeBron James, SF[/td][td]41[/td][td]12-21[/td][td]0-4[/td][td]5-6[/td][td]0[/td][td]10[/td][td]10[/td][td]5[/td][td]2[/td][td]1[/td][td]2[/td][td]1[/td][td]+3[/td][td]29[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Derrick Rose, PG[/td][td]37[/td][td]9-24[/td][td]1-5[/td][td]7-8[/td][td]0[/td][td]5[/td][td]5[/td][td]6[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]4[/td][td]2[/td][td]-2[/td][td]26[/td][/tr][/table]
So i dont get lebron had a better offensive effienciency, more assist less turnovers, hardly a better game considering one person is a s/f and the other player is a pg who is the orchestrator, the facilitator of a teams offense. Yet Rose had better games.
ohwell.gif
Rose my boy and all and maybe my favorite offensive player but lets not confuse being a fan with just spewing out things that arent true.

Originally Posted by amel223

Um you do know that they play 2 totally different positions and wont go head-to-head. If anything, if they meet, it would be chambers/dwade gaurding him. I swear give a kid a 360 and nba 2k and they all of a sudden know basketball. Become a regular Hubie Browns'
And just for insult to injury.

Chicago: . Rose 27 Pts, 1 Reb, 5 Ast, 1 Stl

Miami: L. James 26 Pts, 8 Reb, 6 Ast, 2 Stl
[table][tr][td]LeBron James, SF[/td][td]41[/td][td]12-21[/td][td]0-4[/td][td]5-6[/td][td]0[/td][td]10[/td][td]10[/td][td]5[/td][td]2[/td][td]1[/td][td]2[/td][td]1[/td][td]+3[/td][td]29[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Derrick Rose, PG[/td][td]37[/td][td]9-24[/td][td]1-5[/td][td]7-8[/td][td]0[/td][td]5[/td][td]5[/td][td]6[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]4[/td][td]2[/td][td]-2[/td][td]26[/td][/tr][/table]
So i dont get lebron had a better offensive effienciency, more assist less turnovers, hardly a better game considering one person is a s/f and the other player is a pg who is the orchestrator, the facilitator of a teams offense. Yet Rose had better games.
ohwell.gif
Rose my boy and all and maybe my favorite offensive player but lets not confuse being a fan with just spewing out things that arent true.

Originally Posted by AG 47

Best perimeter defender in the league.

People really believe this!?

He isnt in the sense of lockdown defender, i mean not with the likes of tony allen, iggy, g. hill etc. but as a stat filler and when you look at all aspects like rebounding, steals, blocks he is a top defender.

Originally Posted by AG 47

Best perimeter defender in the league.

People really believe this!?

He isnt in the sense of lockdown defender, i mean not with the likes of tony allen, iggy, g. hill etc. but as a stat filler and when you look at all aspects like rebounding, steals, blocks he is a top defender.

Although I'm not "mad" in any way that D.Rose won the award, and don't think he didn't play at an "MVP" level, I do however think that its crazy a 2nd year player won it. As previously stated, the Bulls are a deep team, so its not like he did it all by himself. I guess I feel like he hasn't paid his dues quite yet to be an MVP. I mean come on, Kobe didn't win it until what? His 14th or 15th year in the league? Again like I said, I'm not not mad he won it, props to that man, he did that. I just think maybe the "Most Improved Player" award would have been more appropriate in his 2nd season... IMO

Although I'm not "mad" in any way that D.Rose won the award, and don't think he didn't play at an "MVP" level, I do however think that its crazy a 2nd year player won it. As previously stated, the Bulls are a deep team, so its not like he did it all by himself. I guess I feel like he hasn't paid his dues quite yet to be an MVP. I mean come on, Kobe didn't win it until what? His 14th or 15th year in the league? Again like I said, I'm not not mad he won it, props to that man, he did that. I just think maybe the "Most Improved Player" award would have been more appropriate in his 2nd season... IMO

Man the Rose hate in here from the Lebronze Stans is sickening
eyes.gif

D. Rose had a HELL of a season and this award is much deserved. He has worked hard to get his game to where it is now and put the Bulls on his back. Rose makes his entire team look good, which is what a MVP should do. Lebron, while amazing, didnt have as great of a season as D. Rose did. If Lebron was truly a dependable clutch, his Heat wouldn't have lost every game they played against the Bulls. Don't even get me started on Dwight Howard and why he shouldnt have gotten the award (technicals and a first round playoff exit top this list).

Let's face it..this is Derrick's season to shine
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

eyes.gif

D. Rose had a HELL of a season and this award is much deserved. He has worked hard to get his game to where it is now and put the Bulls on his back. Rose makes his entire team look good, which is what a MVP should do. Lebron, while amazing, didnt have as great of a season as D. Rose did. If Lebron was truly a dependable clutch, his Heat wouldn't have lost every game they played against the Bulls. Don't even get me started on Dwight Howard and why he shouldnt have gotten the award (technicals and a first round playoff exit top this list).

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by sthebest

eyes.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Here is my problem.  This here is a perfect example of 95% of "Rose should have won it" arguments.  Everything you said in here is something that cannot be backed up with anything. 

"Rose put his team on his back"....."Rose makes his entire team look good"....."Rose worked hard to get his team where it is"......every one of these statements would still be 100% true if you replaced the word Rose with Bron, Howard, Kobe, Dirk, Durant, Amare,  etc.

I feel like the arguments in here are so one sided, its ridiculous.  Like if someone had ZERO opinion on the matter and read through this and other MVP threads.  His thought pattern would probably go something like:  "Well the pro-Rose for MVP side of the argument is using nothing but a story and arbitrary analysis to make their point.  The anti-Rose for MVP side of the argument is using statistics, facts and evidence to make their point."  It would be pretty clear to that guy which side of the argument is more compelling.

eyes.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Here is my problem.  This here is a perfect example of 95% of "Rose should have won it" arguments.  Everything you said in here is something that cannot be backed up with anything. 

"Rose put his team on his back"....."Rose makes his entire team look good"....."Rose worked hard to get his team where it is"......every one of these statements would still be 100% true if you replaced the word Rose with Bron, Howard, Kobe, Dirk, Durant, Amare,  etc.

I feel like the arguments in here are so one sided, its ridiculous.  Like if someone had ZERO opinion on the matter and read through this and other MVP threads.  His thought pattern would probably go something like:  "Well the pro-Rose for MVP side of the argument is using nothing but a story and arbitrary analysis to make their point.  The anti-Rose for MVP side of the argument is using statistics, facts and evidence to make their point."  It would be pretty clear to that guy which side of the argument is more compelling.

eyes.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Word I'm a Lakers fan and I agree completely with D.Rose being MVP.
Lebron brought all this ++%! on himself, he's not going to get the same respect as he once did. When you're on a team with 2 other stars and make it a huge spectacle when you guys signed. Saying youre going to win not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5 championships, etc is not a good look for MVP voting, since they obviously don't look just at stats as before and factor in standings, record against the elite, making people around you 'look' better (I dont believe at the NBA level that youre going to make someone better, you can make them look better by givin' them a nice dime when youre being double teamed or when theyre open and things of that nature)... But I'd hope he cares more about winning a chip than another MVP trophy anyways.

Y'all can have and argue about the regular season MVP, I can't wait to see who wins the Finals MVP on the Lakers this year 
wink.gif

eyes.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Word I'm a Lakers fan and I agree completely with D.Rose being MVP.
Lebron brought all this ++%! on himself, he's not going to get the same respect as he once did. When you're on a team with 2 other stars and make it a huge spectacle when you guys signed. Saying youre going to win not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5 championships, etc is not a good look for MVP voting, since they obviously don't look just at stats as before and factor in standings, record against the elite, making people around you 'look' better (I dont believe at the NBA level that youre going to make someone better, you can make them look better by givin' them a nice dime when youre being double teamed or when theyre open and things of that nature)... But I'd hope he cares more about winning a chip than another MVP trophy anyways.

Y'all can have and argue about the regular season MVP, I can't wait to see who wins the Finals MVP on the Lakers this year 
wink.gif

eyes.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

True rose makes the most highlights, things candid basketball fans like. But again their success is contingent on defense. Its funny that you mentioned clutch and then followed with the fact they swept the series. If you watched those games it was close in every match up (one in which bron wasnt apart of) And it was clutch defensive plays that got them the wins. In which had nothing to do with what rose did offensively. Yea it was his offense that made those matchups close (although none of those games were even great offensively for him, with the exception of the first game). But again every chance/opportunity heat had to takeover it was DEFENSE/TEAM DEFENSE that held the heat back. Rose making fancy circus shots and incredible cross overs wasnt the reason the heat couldnt dominate the boards, get second shots, reduced to take perimeter shots.

I mean im happy for dude to win. But it seems alot of you based on comments didnt even watch most or any of his games into recently if at all, And just basing opinions on nba gametime/sports center/inside the nba highlights.

eyes.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

True rose makes the most highlights, things candid basketball fans like. But again their success is contingent on defense. Its funny that you mentioned clutch and then followed with the fact they swept the series. If you watched those games it was close in every match up (one in which bron wasnt apart of) And it was clutch defensive plays that got them the wins. In which had nothing to do with what rose did offensively. Yea it was his offense that made those matchups close (although none of those games were even great offensively for him, with the exception of the first game). But again every chance/opportunity heat had to takeover it was DEFENSE/TEAM DEFENSE that held the heat back. Rose making fancy circus shots and incredible cross overs wasnt the reason the heat couldnt dominate the boards, get second shots, reduced to take perimeter shots.

I mean im happy for dude to win. But it seems alot of you based on comments didnt even watch most or any of his games into recently if at all, And just basing opinions on nba gametime/sports center/inside the nba highlights.

Originally Posted by LDJ

eyes.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I watched those games and I can honestly say that D. Rose was the reason they won those games. Boozer was good for a good portion of the season, and even if he was playing he has no defense. Luol Deng was a above average player at best before this season and Derrick's motivation in turn inspired him to be a much better player. Korver wouldnt be hitting all those clutch shots if it weren't for D. Rose's assists. You also must realize that D. Rose is 6'2" and is murking most of the league when it comes to in-the-paint shots (not so much in the Playoffs though). Not to mention that the Bulls never lost back to back games all season long and almost went undefeteaded in their division. Impressive considering their low win margin last season.

On the subject of Lebron, I do not feel that he didnt add as much to his team as Rose did for the Bulls this season. I can't even call dude a second coming of Pippen because Pippen at least got his team to the Easter Conference Finals without Jordan in a era of Hall of Fame players. If you take Lebron away from the Heat, they would not be noticeably worse as the Bulls would be without Rose,

Originally Posted by LDJ

eyes.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I watched those games and I can honestly say that D. Rose was the reason they won those games. Boozer was good for a good portion of the season, and even if he was playing he has no defense. Luol Deng was a above average player at best before this season and Derrick's motivation in turn inspired him to be a much better player. Korver wouldnt be hitting all those clutch shots if it weren't for D. Rose's assists. You also must realize that D. Rose is 6'2" and is murking most of the league when it comes to in-the-paint shots (not so much in the Playoffs though). Not to mention that the Bulls never lost back to back games all season long and almost went undefeteaded in their division. Impressive considering their low win margin last season.

On the subject of Lebron, I do not feel that he didnt add as much to his team as Rose did for the Bulls this season. I can't even call dude a second coming of Pippen because Pippen at least got his team to the Easter Conference Finals without Jordan in a era of Hall of Fame players. If you take Lebron away from the Heat, they would not be noticeably worse as the Bulls would be without Rose,

Back
Top Bottom