Bruce Lee vs Anderson Silva

to say bruce lee isnt about that life is ridiculous, Its true that nobody really has any vids of bruce fighting and its all pretty much through word of mouth from other masters. But u have to realize that most of the fights between them back then were usually not talked about at all afterwords by the two fighting masters to not embarass anyone, and then eventually the other masters flat out refused to fight bruce because they wanted none of him.

But in the end its all hypothetical because one side is gonna go with bruce based on training videos and word of mouth tales of him whooping people, and the others gonna go with silva based on lack of evidence on bruce

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

You know how much martial arts has evolved since Bruce Lee died? I bet a majority of professional mixed martial artist could wash Bruce Lee today. Stop hyping him up from those weak fight scenes in the movies he was in.

Not that much, think about it. Maybe like more than a thousand years of evolution compared to like 40 since he's been gone. Sure, martial arts is more exposed I'll give you that. There are more people with surface knowledge, sure. But how many people can you name that study at that advance level where they are pushing boundaries?

You know how much martial arts has evolved since Bruce Lee died? I bet a majority of professional mixed martial artist could wash Bruce Lee today. Stop hyping him up from those weak fight scenes in the movies he was in.

Not that much, think about it. Maybe like more than a thousand years of evolution compared to like 40 since he's been gone. Sure, martial arts is more exposed I'll give you that. There are more people with surface knowledge, sure. But how many people can you name that study at that advance level where they are pushing boundaries?

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

This thread is comedy. Bruce Lee isn't about that life, no one has been able to post real fights where Bruce Lee has dominated people. Silva on the other hand.

How can you say he is not about that life? Dude dedicated his life to Martial Arts, it was his full time job and hobby.

People have to realize the lack of video evidence is due to the fact that people didn't carry HD video recording phones back then. Most of the videos are BLACK AND WHITE! There was movie footage because the studios had money for state of the art video cameras.

Fact: all of Anderson Silva's loses have come from the hands of smaller asian opponents.

Ryo Chonan

Daiju Takase

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

This thread is comedy. Bruce Lee isn't about that life, no one has been able to post real fights where Bruce Lee has dominated people. Silva on the other hand.

How can you say he is not about that life? Dude dedicated his life to Martial Arts, it was his full time job and hobby.

People have to realize the lack of video evidence is due to the fact that people didn't carry HD video recording phones back then. Most of the videos are BLACK AND WHITE! There was movie footage because the studios had money for state of the art video cameras.

Fact: all of Anderson Silva's loses have come from the hands of smaller asian opponents.

Ryo Chonan

Daiju Takase

30t6p3b.gif
at some of you thinking anderson couldn't take a boxer

As for Lee and Silva like some one said before, Ring- Silva/Streets- Bruce Lee

30t6p3b.gif
at some of you thinking anderson couldn't take a boxer

As for Lee and Silva like some one said before, Ring- Silva/Streets- Bruce Lee

Those fights are too old to judge Silva. Chonan was getting lit up until the scissor sweep and Takase outwrestled Silva. There is also no comparsion between them and Lee other than they are Asian.

Those fights are too old to judge Silva. Chonan was getting lit up until the scissor sweep and Takase outwrestled Silva. There is also no comparsion between them and Lee other than they are Asian.

Just trying to show Anderson isn't invincible either. 6 Years is not that long ago. Lit up or not, who won? According to everyone here, his reach and height means he should dominate, both fighters were smaller, lighter, and had shorter reach than Silva. *** fighters are known not to cut much either. Just saying.

Also still not saying Bruce would win, just might not be a blowout like you guys think.

Just trying to show Anderson isn't invincible either. 6 Years is not that long ago. Lit up or not, who won? According to everyone here, his reach and height means he should dominate, both fighters were smaller, lighter, and had shorter reach than Silva. *** fighters are known not to cut much either. Just saying.

Also still not saying Bruce would win, just might not be a blowout like you guys think.

People asking for videos of fights that happened 50-60 years ago like people could record them and upload them on youtube.

1285960289888.gif
@ people thinking any mma fighter could wash him
The man was a physical freak 
The.Way.Of.The.Dragon.1972.Bruce.Lee.flex.front.jpg

People asking for videos of fights that happened 50-60 years ago like people could record them and upload them on youtube.

1285960289888.gif
@ people thinking any mma fighter could wash him
The man was a physical freak 
The.Way.Of.The.Dragon.1972.Bruce.Lee.flex.front.jpg

Originally Posted by quik1987

Let's use science and technology as examples of why this actually works the other way around. Things that were invented after Bruce Lee's death: the internet, HD video, cell phones, etc. Medicine is another thing that has changed DRASTICALLY in that time period. As has fighting. Now that people are making a living doing it, a lot of money is being spent on state of the art equipment, personal training and the like.

It's silly to say that MMA fighters aren't inventing new styles all the time. Anderson Silva's front kick KO of Belfort, Machida's flying front kick to Couture and Anthony Pettis's Showtime kick off the cage are three examples of moves that happened this year that have never before been recorded.

And why are people acting like video cameras weren't invented yet?
laugh.gif
There is so much footage of Bruce training and acting, but ZERO of him actually fighting someone.

Bruce Lee vs. Jose Aldo would be a much better fight.

Originally Posted by quik1987

Let's use science and technology as examples of why this actually works the other way around. Things that were invented after Bruce Lee's death: the internet, HD video, cell phones, etc. Medicine is another thing that has changed DRASTICALLY in that time period. As has fighting. Now that people are making a living doing it, a lot of money is being spent on state of the art equipment, personal training and the like.

It's silly to say that MMA fighters aren't inventing new styles all the time. Anderson Silva's front kick KO of Belfort, Machida's flying front kick to Couture and Anthony Pettis's Showtime kick off the cage are three examples of moves that happened this year that have never before been recorded.

And why are people acting like video cameras weren't invented yet?
laugh.gif
There is so much footage of Bruce training and acting, but ZERO of him actually fighting someone.

Bruce Lee vs. Jose Aldo would be a much better fight.

I'm rolling with Lee. He was a once a lifetime physical freak with the speed and skill to dismantle any human being. He knew where, and how hard, to hit someone to incapacitate them instantly. Not to mention he could adapt to any fighting style and counter it with his own.

I'm rolling with Lee. He was a once a lifetime physical freak with the speed and skill to dismantle any human being. He knew where, and how hard, to hit someone to incapacitate them instantly. Not to mention he could adapt to any fighting style and counter it with his own.

Again, there are way too many hypotheticals for me to give Bruce Lee a chance I'm just going by what I know: Anderson is bigger, stronger, people are giving Bruce Lee's quickness an advantage like Silva is slow-dude has cat-like reflexes.

Size-Advantage Silva
Strength-Advantage Silva
Technique-Draw?
grin.gif

Speed-Bruce maybe, but I think Silva has enough quickness where it wouldn't give Bruce an overwhelming advantage.
Proven record-Advantage silva.

Again, there are way too many hypotheticals for me to give Bruce Lee a chance I'm just going by what I know: Anderson is bigger, stronger, people are giving Bruce Lee's quickness an advantage like Silva is slow-dude has cat-like reflexes.

Size-Advantage Silva
Strength-Advantage Silva
Technique-Draw?
grin.gif

Speed-Bruce maybe, but I think Silva has enough quickness where it wouldn't give Bruce an overwhelming advantage.
Proven record-Advantage silva.

it's beyond having brute force. Bruce lee was a master of harnessing and releasing energy hence the 1 inch punch and other techniques. Gotta go with bruce.

it's beyond having brute force. Bruce lee was a master of harnessing and releasing energy hence the 1 inch punch and other techniques. Gotta go with bruce.

Bruce was a philosopher
That and his mindstate on everything
pimp.gif

I would like to believe he would outsmart Silva

Bruce was a philosopher
That and his mindstate on everything
pimp.gif

I would like to believe he would outsmart Silva

Originally Posted by Wr

the one inch punch? maybe he'll try the 5 point palm exploding heart technique while he's at it.

Shoot gimme 3 months....nah make that 3 years of intensive training and I could beat up Bruce Lee. Kareem Abdul Jabbar went out like a punk
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Wr

the one inch punch? maybe he'll try the 5 point palm exploding heart technique while he's at it.

Shoot gimme 3 months....nah make that 3 years of intensive training and I could beat up Bruce Lee. Kareem Abdul Jabbar went out like a punk
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom