Calif. Supreme Court to take up GAY MARRIAGE BAN...... possibly overturn the vote???

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

What I am disgusted by is this complaining and violent protesting including disrupting businesses because they contributed to Prop 8 funding, etc.
curious, what exactly did they do to turn you away from their cause?
he's upset that homosexuals are still fighting for their right to marry. he thinks that because they lost on Prop 8, they should just acceptit & move on with their lives. But clearly this is something that they feel very strongly about & he seems to be upset that they are doing what theyfeel is necessary to achieve their means.

lol As if progress was made in a day or through one vote.. Gays will get their right to marriage.. It's constitutional.. It's the correct thing to do..

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

lol As if progress was made in a day or through one vote.. Gays will get their right to marriage.. It's constitutional.. It's the correct thing to do..
thank you. i dont understand why people are so against homosexuals having the right to have their marriage recognized in the same way thatheterosexuals do

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

Originally Posted by RKO2004

You know what I always found to be funny
laugh.gif
. They are ruthless when it comes to us but we try to talk to them in kindness. You should NEVER hate anyone. But I'm not surprised he said that. He put me on his ignore list because he got tired of seeing me post about God
laugh.gif
. If that aint a sign of someone having hatred in there heart. How you gon hate us but want us to see things your way? Because we believe in something and have faith and are proud of our faith, you hate us. I guess if its someone agreeing with you then their hate and wrong doings go unseen and unheard.
tired.gif
i wouldnt say hate, but i strongly dislike the OD-religious cats...

i also dislike people with blind faith, or people that think and treat God as the answer to everything....
To me, God is and should be the answer to everything. God isn't like a lightswitch you turn on when you need him and turn off when youdon't need him. True faith is shown when you love and consult God when times are not only bad, but also when times are good.

when it comes to these people, it's like i believe in god, just not like that, so please keep all that to yourself...i'm not over here preaching the advantages of smoking a blunt a day to you....keep your crazy jesus-talk to yourself as well...

This is a public message board. Hundreds of opinions are thrown around everyday. Mine are no more insignificant.

they should leave it as is.. CA voted and thats how it stands.

i got nothing against gays, its just that, its the way it is. deal with it, they are wasting time and money on this.

What I am disgusted by is this complaining and violent protesting including disrupting businesses because they contributed to Prop 8 funding, etc.
When I see this on the news.� I am cool with protesting and activism but when it comes to anarchy and committing crimes to other people based ontheir views.� Nah that crosses the line there.

Protestors of Proposition 8 in California (the marriage amendment) shoved aside a 69-year-old woman who was bearing a cross. They reportedly spit on her and stomped on her cross. They then aligned themselves in a human barricade, blocking the media from getting to or interviewing the woman.

Prop. 8 supporter Jose Nunez, 37, was assaulted brutally while distributing yard signs to other supporters after church services at the St. Stanislaus Parish in Modesto.

Calvary Chapel Chino Hills was spray painted by vandals after they learned that the church served as an official collection point for Prop. 8 petitions.

Letters containing white powder (obviously mimicking anthrax) were sent to the Salt Lake City headquarters of the Mormon church and to a temple in Los Angeles. (Thankfully, the FBI said the substance was nontoxic.)

The 25-year artistic director of the California Musical Theatre, who also happens to be a Mormon, was muscled to resign because of his $1,000 donation to the campaign to ban gay marriage in California.

A pro-homosexual, pro-anarchy organization named Bash Back marched into the middle of a church service and flung fliers and condoms to the congregants. They also hung a banner from the balcony that featured two lesbians in provocative positions at the pulpit.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

laugh.gif
. They are ruthless when it comes to us but we try to talk to them in kindness. You should NEVER hate anyone. But I'm not surprised he said that. He put me on his ignore list because he got tired of seeing me post about God
laugh.gif
. If that aint a sign of someone having hatred in there heart. How you gon hate us but want us to see things your way? Because we believe in something and have faith and are proud of our faith, you hate us. I guess if its someone agreeing with you then their hate and wrong doings go unseen and unheard.
tired.gif

i also dislike people with blind faith, or people that think and treat God as the answer to everything....
To me, God is and should be the answer to everything. God isn't like a lightswitch you turn on when you need him and turn off when you don't need him. True faith is shown when you love and consult God when times are not only bad, but also when times are good.

when it comes to these people, it's like i believe in god, just not like that, so please keep all that to yourself...i'm not over here preaching the advantages of smoking a blunt a day to you....keep your crazy jesus-talk to yourself as well...

This is a public message board. Hundreds of opinions are thrown around everyday. Mine are no more insignificant.

god is YOUR everything....god isnt like a lightswitch to YOU. TO YOU true faith is shown when you love and consult god.

there are people that don't believe in god at all......theirs are no more insignificant either...

like i said, i'm not over here advocating you to smoke weed everyday, and telling you that your false belief in god is wrong, and that you should be living the life of a pothead, smoking weed hourly....and telling you to put all your faith in weed....

so keep YOUR theories on a "higher power" to yourself, because they are YOUR theories....not everyone believes it..

if people stopped thinking what they blindly believe in was so right, i think the world would be a much better place....

oh, next time you "consult" God, tell him i said "whats the dealie, yo?"

grin.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

When I see this on the news.� I am cool with protesting and activism but when it comes to anarchy and committing crimes to other people based on their views.� Nah that crosses the line there.

Protestors of Proposition 8 in California (the marriage amendment) shoved aside a 69-year-old woman who was bearing a cross. They reportedly spit on her and stomped on her cross. They then aligned themselves in a human barricade, blocking the media from getting to or interviewing the woman.

Prop. 8 supporter Jose Nunez, 37, was assaulted brutally while distributing yard signs to other supporters after church services at the St. Stanislaus Parish in Modesto.

Calvary Chapel Chino Hills was spray painted by vandals after they learned that the church served as an official collection point for Prop. 8 petitions.

Letters containing white powder (obviously mimicking anthrax) were sent to the Salt Lake City headquarters of the Mormon church and to a temple in Los Angeles. (Thankfully, the FBI said the substance was nontoxic.)

The 25-year artistic director of the California Musical Theatre, who also happens to be a Mormon, was muscled to resign because of his $1,000 donation to the campaign to ban gay marriage in California.

A pro-homosexual, pro-anarchy organization named Bash Back marched into the middle of a church service and flung fliers and condoms to the congregants. They also hung a banner from the balcony that featured two lesbians in provocative positions at the pulpit.

eek.gif
sick.gif
What type of mess is that. Man what the heck? If it was the other way aroundwe'd be called hateful and every other name in the book. Like I said before. Some of the people in the world and on NT are B.S.'ers. They preach allthis equality and etc but then when stuff like this happens its no big deal. Two face aint just a character on Dark Knight thats for sure.

I'm not talking about all just some. We have bad apples too.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
tired.gif

To me, God is and should be the answer to everything. God isn't like a lightswitch you turn on when you need him and turn off when you don't need him. True faith is shown when you love and consult God when times are not only bad, but also when times are good.

god is YOUR everything....god isnt like a lightswitch to YOU. TO YOU true faith is shown when you love and consult god.

there are people that don't believe in god at all......theirs are no more insignificant either...

like i said, i'm not over here advocating you to smoke weed everyday, and telling you that your false belief in god is wrong, and that you should be living the life of a pothead, smoking weed hourly....and telling you to put all your faith in weed....

so keep YOUR theories on a "higher power" to yourself, because they are YOUR theories....not everyone believes it..

if people stopped thinking what they blindly believe in was so right, i think the world would be a much better place....

grin.gif

You might not need to hear it, but someone else may.

There are lurkers or members who may need to hear it.

Ignore me if you really take issue with it...I'm not forcing you to hear or agree with anything.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
tired.gif

grin.gif

Ignore me if you really take issue with it...I'm not forcing you to hear or agree with anything.

so are buddhists allowed to marry?

This is a question to all of the god-fearing people in this thread that are so afraid of offending their "god." How do you quantify taking away therights of other human beings? These are people that have never done anything wrong to you. These are people that are in no way infringing on any of the rightsyou have. Never have they tried to take away any of the rights that you have as a human. They want the same rights that you are born with! Freaking born with!Does that strike a chord with anyone? How do you make amends with taking something away from people that are capable of the same kind of love you share withyour significant other? Their love isn't any less of a love than yours. Their love isn't any less significant to this world than yours. Their lovedoesn't mean any less or more than yours, yet you have no problem with classifying their love as a lesser love. And if your love is the only kind of lovethat your "god" identifies, what kind of god do you have? What kind of god are you praying to that is ok with your classifying others as lesser thanyou? You are so quick to genuflect and show honor to the intangible, yet you treat your fellow man as if he isn't your equal. How does that make sense? Youhonor something that is only in theory, yet you treat it as if that beacon is the light that defines your intolerance. You aren't intolerant; justobedient? Give me a break.

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

This is a question to all of the god-fearing people in this thread that are so afraid of offending their "god." How do you quantify taking away the rights of other human beings? These are people that have never done anything wrong to you. These are people that are in no way infringing on any of the rights you have. Never have they tried to take away any of the rights that you have as a human. They want the same rights that you are born with! Freaking born with! Does that strike a chord with anyone? How do you make amends with taking something away from people that are capable of the same kind of love you share with your significant other? Their love isn't any less of a love than yours. Their love isn't any less significant to this world than yours. Their love doesn't mean any less or more than yours, yet you have no problem with classifying their love as a lesser love. And if your love is the only kind of love that your "god" identifies, what kind of god do you have? What kind of god are you praying to that is ok with your classifying others as lesser than you? You are so quick to genuflect and show honor to the intangible, yet you treat your fellow man as if he isn't your equal. How does that make sense? You honor something that is only in theory, yet you treat it as if that beacon is the light that defines your intolerance. You aren't intolerant; just obedient? Give me a break.

chuch
pimp.gif

kicks67 wrote:
laugh.gif
@ U and everyone else who just give half !*@ed answers like:

FIRST B0RN wrote:
Being married has other advantages too, you sound ignorant.

ELABORATE!

I don't need to go into a diseratation everytime I make a post kicks67. There are other advantages to being married that extend into tax breaks, taxshelters and insurance benefits. You seriously strike me as a dense individual, who doesn't have a real clue of how things work in the real world. Yourresponse summed up you maturity level, which is why I kept my response short in the first place.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
tired.gif

grin.gif

that's the problem with y'all....

nobody NEEDS anything from y'all...

why can't you let people form their own opinions and their own thoughts on religion?

oh yeah, because then they'll find it as comical as i do....

laugh.gif

i bet you think since you go to church every week and preach to people about loving god, you're somehow closer to god, or getting into heaven or something...

right?

you lead a righteous life, while i, a potheaded fornicator lead a life of sin, correct?

yawn...i don't even care about the topic anymore, there have been like four different 20+ page posts in the past two weeks...

they shoulda never voted on it, and i'm glad they're overruling the stupid vote...

like i said two weeks ago, imagine if they would have put Brown Vs. The Board of Education up to vote on....

tired.gif
So blinded by your own pride and ego that you don'teven comprehend what your saying. You make jokes about what we believe like what you believe is better. Yes man wrote the bible but man also came up withscience. You are religious when you really break it down. Science is your God. Keep on thinking science can save you. And as far as you sinning, you andeveryone else can always turn around. Its not too late. It doesn't matter what you need. Others may need it so ignore it if you got such a big problem withit. Nobody is forcing you to read any of this.

why can't you let people form their own opinions and their own thoughts on religion?

laugh.gif

i bet you think since you go to church every week and preach to people about loving god, you're somehow closer to god, or getting into heaven or something...

right?

you lead a righteous life, while i, a potheaded fornicator lead a life of sin, correct?

yawn...i don't even care about the topic anymore, there have been like four different 20+ page posts in the past two weeks...

they shoulda never voted on it, and i'm glad they're overruling the stupid vote...

like i said two weeks ago, imagine if they would have put Brown Vs. The Board of Education up to vote on....
atheism.jpg

^

Trust that there are people that think Christianity's Creation story is pretty farfetched as well.
laugh.gif

I don't think that you have to pick either God or evolution. The two don't have to contradict.

Originally Posted by DL2352

^

Trust that there are people that think Christianity's Creation story is pretty farfetched as well.
laugh.gif

I don't think that you have to pick either God or evolution. The two don't have to contradict.
That my point. I think that no one has any clue how everything started exactly. I do believe in God, but did he create the world in 6 days? Idon't know I wasn't there. Did he create women from a man's rib? I don't know I wasn't there. I just believe that there is a God, hecreated everything at some point in time...and man will probably never understand everything going on in this crazy universe.

With that said this thread is the:
energizer-bunny.jpg

Originally Posted by kmn2008

Originally Posted by kmn2008

Typical.

**+*%#! liberals/ gay rights activists never could except losing fair and square.

They talk all this @%@!#%%* about "freedom and rights" and then when they dont get what they want, these concepts are all of a sudden overturned in their favor.

Just shows how hypocritical these idiots are.
Losing fair and square? This is about people's rights man. PEOPLE. They lost the vote by the slimmest of margins so naturally they're not going to sit back and just accept it. And they're idiots too huh
indifferent.gif
Your right about one thing, THEY LOST THE VOTE. it would not matter if they lost by one vote or if the decision was unanimous, the fact is they lost. The PEOPLE voted and the LOSERS need to except it. And yes, anyone who thinks rules of democracy can only be applied/ overturned in their favor is an idiot.
Unbeknown to you, America is not an absolute democracy. If it were an absolute democracy, the minority voice would NEVER be heard. These people you call the "losers" and "idiots" aren't going anywhere anytime soon so hopefully in the near future you'll come to terms with reality.
LOL. Are you by any change illiterate?

Oh no, you must be one of the idiots I have been referring to.

reread what i said, sit back and shut up.

^
I'm not illiterate but it seems like you might be. I reread what you said and I stick by what I said. Do you think America is an absolute democracy? If so,please try to avoid any future political threads.
smh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
tired.gif

grin.gif

laugh.gif

right?

tired.gif
You wayyyyyyy off base dude.

never mind....you are on point there.

According to what I believe, we ALL sin. Me, you, everyone on this board.

It's about recognizing it's wrong, repenting (which involves humility which ain't easy) and turning from it. 1 John in the Bible explains it well.

If you think it's okay to do those things, all I can do is pray for you and hope God softens your heart and removes the blinders. If you feel like this isan attack, I'm sorry. It's not. Its just my concern.

This is a question to all of the god-fearing people in this thread that are so afraid of offending their "god." How do you quantify taking away the rights of other human beings? These are people that have never done anything wrong to you. These are people that are in no way infringing on any of the rights you have. Never have they tried to take away any of the rights that you have as a human. They want the same rights that you are born with! Freaking born with! Does that strike a chord with anyone? How do you make amends with taking something away from people that are capable of the same kind of love you share with your significant other? Their love isn't any less of a love than yours. Their love isn't any less significant to this world than yours. Their love doesn't mean any less or more than yours, yet you have no problem with classifying their love as a lesser love. And if your love is the only kind of love that your "god" identifies, what kind of god do you have? What kind of god are you praying to that is ok with your classifying others as lesser than you? You are so quick to genuflect and show honor to the intangible, yet you treat your fellow man as if he isn't your equal. How does that make sense? You honor something that is only in theory, yet you treat it as if that beacon is the light that defines your intolerance. You aren't intolerant; just obedient? Give me a break.

Nobody is putting anyone beneath anyone.

We are all created equal.

But we don't all behave equally.

Homosexuality is WRONG in accordance to my beliefs. God stated it. Not me.

1. God lists "homosexual offenders" among "the wicked" (1 Corinthians 6:9).
2. God lists "homosexual offenders" among those who He determines will "not inherit the kingdom of God" (1 Corinthians 6:9).

3. Historically, homosexuality has incurred God's destructive wrath upon an entire city (Gen. 19:4-5, 11-13).

4. God's word defines the men of Sodom as "sinning greatly" because of their men having sex with men (Genesis 13:13; 19:5).

5. God calls Sodom's sin "sexual perversion" (Jude 1:7). Societies that remain in perversion (Sodom, Rome...) are on the road to destruction.

6. God's word identifies husband-wife relations as "natural relations" and homosexual relations as "unnatural ones" (Romans 1:26-27) and "perversion" (vs. 27).

7. God's word also rebukes those who "approve of those who practice" homosexuality (Romans 1:32).

8. Jesus settled the marriage issue once for all, declaring that God had made them "male and female ... a man ... [and] his wife" (Matthew 19:4-5).

Examine the Bible verses...

Just the messenger.

I don't make these truths up.

Back
Top Bottom