Calipari to Kentucky.

these oppurtunities don't come around too often...Memphis is never, ever going to be a top job, not in conference USA anyway. Billy Donovan will always beplaying second fiddle to Urban Meyer.

and good lord, #4+ mil per....

sleep on it = tear filled press conference tomorrow about how hard it was to leave his "kids" and the city of memphis, but UK was a job he couldntpass up.

Maybe some guys are comfortable where they're at...are they really "+@#%#+$ idiots" for that?

After reading CatsPause for the last week or so, though, that kind of statement is pretty much expected from a Kentucky fan. You dudes are a whole differentbreed.

I honestly don't see what the big deal is if he stays. I mean yea he's passing up UK but that doesn't mean he can't/ already has built Memphisinto a program with a rising tradition and he can live his life. I wouldn't blame him for being content

should have gave Billy G more time, he needed at least 3- 4 years to develop his style and recruit his own kids

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

i'm just glad that Barnhart is swinging for the fence. If Cal doesn't accept, he's a *+%!%#% idiot...as is Billy Donovan.

it really can't be stressed enough how PERFECT he is for the job.
go to +%%#$*# bed u +%%#$*# homer

Nowitness41Dirk:
laugh.gif
Sleeping on offer = No Dice.

Sorry wildcat...
I kind of agree with that.

hold on....

i've said he may be content...what i'm saying is that if he ever wants to be in the same category as Pitino, Coach K, Roy Williams, Izzotypes...he's gonna have to step on a big stage and this is his chance.

Kentucky is still on national tv once a week...who watches Memphis games in January and February?

@!$* my life right now!

Memphis was looking solid as hell for the next few years and now coach Cal just up and leave and take the recruits with him.

@!$* COACH CAL!

Hope he crashes on the way there! Hope he gets jacked/robbed as hes crossing the tennessee border line to get to KY jelly.

b86256f4026d5e40c1ba924e2beddb97276413e.gif

it's pretty much been explained in this thread how quickly he can have a boatload of talent next season. he picks up right where he left off.

hold on....

i've said he may be content...what i'm saying is that if he ever wants to be in the same category as Pitino, Coach K, Roy Williams, Izzo types...he's gonna have to step on a big stage and this is his chance.

Kentucky is still on national tv once a week...who watches Memphis games in January and February?

1. no he has to win himself a title

2. college bball fans

again go take your homer *+$ to bed with that #+%@

hold on....

i've said he may be content...what i'm saying is that if he ever wants to be in the same category as Pitino, Coach K, Roy Williams, Izzo types...he's gonna have to step on a big stage and this is his chance.

Yea but who's to say he won't turn Memphis into a program like that.

lol, now i'm being a homer...5-6 pages of people talking about how disgusting, crazy, whatever it could be, and now i'm the homer?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jville819

hold on....

he very well could...but how long have Boehiem, Calhoun, Izzo, Coach K been at their schools?

Originally Posted by jville819

hold on....

he very well could...but how long have Boehiem, Calhoun, Izzo, Coach K been at their schools?
I mean I see what your saying and all. I understand that it is the dream job for most coaches like ND in football. Whenever I think hard on it Istart to think about Bobby at FSU. I know some might not understand the comparison or like it but BB was getting offers from some of the top schools in thecountry after his WVU time and after people saw the success he had at FSU so early on yet he decided to stay. Within 15 years of being at FSU he turned theminto one of the top programs in the country and when he goes best believe that job would be sought after if Jimbo wasn't in contract already.

We were an independent back when he 1st arrived so it's not like he was in some power conference, just like Cal is with UM playing in the C-USA

Hes goin for sure, hes just paying his respects to Memphis for pretending to think about it. he knows hes gone

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

hold on....

1. no he has to win himself a title

2. college bball fans

again go take your homer *+$ to bed with that #+%@

Mike, you're being foolish.

Roy just won his first title in 05.

Memphis only gets burn on CBS college sports tv when they aren't playing a good nonconference game.

Kentucky gets the pick of Saturday/Sunday games on CBS, Tuesday/Thursdays on ESPN AND the SEC & ESPN just signed that MAJOR TV deal, so you may wannareassess your comments.

Boeheim - Since 1976
Coach K - Since 1980
Calhoun - Since 1986
Izzo - Since 1995
Calipari - Since 2000

But wouldn't that just be proving a point that Calipari should stay at Memphis in order to try to build Memphis into a school like that? Or did I misssomething...?

one thing that seems to be lost in all this, unless i missed it... who is Memphis looking at to replace Calipari? or did they already have someone lined up?

Memphis is really not that good of a job.. unless they get a great coach and recruiter like Capel, they're gonna return to midmajor status.

I've heard Pastner is a possibility as a replacement at Memphis, but I dunno how valid that is.

Back
Top Bottom