Calipari to Kentucky.

Originally Posted by MessiahChild

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by RellNye

Originally Posted by SCuse7

I hope they would let Henry out of his.

Cal would be huge for Kentucky. Like I said, he can handle the people as well as anyone.
Haha, yeah right. If I'm the AD there's no way I'm letting him out of his LOI after Cal bolts to UK. If he wants out, he had better find a good lawyer.

smh.gif
At the defection that will take place after Cal leaves. I definitely make him play for Memphis after this. Guess those Calipari benefits are addictive.

players backing out of an LOI because of a coaching change happens all the time.
Duh but with his name on the dotted line of a legal document I don't let him out nor should Memphis. If he wants to transfer after his frosh year, let him but Memphis stands to lose everything in this matter.

The AD can't keep any of the recruits there, its all about if he wants to screw them over because he lost his coach, they could easily say
2ce3515e4a5971c2895f50a2ab5d3c1418787f9.gif
and transfer right then and there, it'd cost them a yr but they could leave if he wanted. Which depending on who they get to replace him might not be a bad decision considering the exposure won't be the same without Cal

Xavier Henry's signed national letter of intent with Memphis features a clause that grants the McDonald's All-American a full release if John Calipari is not the school's coach when he is scheduled to enroll, a source familiar with the wording told CBSSports.com on Monday.

The source said Derrick Rose and Tyreke Evans had similar clauses in their letters of intent.

What does this mean for Memphis?

It means Henry would be released without conditions if Calipari leaves for Kentucky, and there would be nothing preventing Henry from following Calipari to the SEC.
Source: http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/view/6271764

Who the hell was stupid enough to agree to this?

RIP Memphis basketball.

UK Basketball: Sources confirm Calipari in as Cats'coach

By LARRY VAUGHT
[email protected]

Sources have confirmed that the University of Kentucky has reached a deal with John Calipari to be the Wildcats' new basketballcoach.

No official announcement is scheduled today according to UK officials, but sources indicated Calipari will sign a $4 million per yearcontract anywhere in length from seven to 10 years.

"It looks like eight years is going to be the magic number," said the source.

Kentucky recruit Daniel Orton of Oklahoma has not heard from anyone at UK today about who will replace Billy Gillispie, who was firedFriday. However, his father, Larry, understands that Calipari is the likely choice.

"Right now Daniel is still going to Kentucky until we get a chance to talk to Calipari," Larry Orton said based on theassumption that Calipari will be UK's next coach.

Another source in Memphis indicated that Calipari had resigned and The Commercial Appeal, a Memphis newspaper, said Memphis guard C.J.Henry referred to Kentucky as the Notre Dame of basketball when he met with the team this morning.

Kentucky acknowledged this afternoon that it had been given permission to talk to Calipari, who took Memphis to the Final Four lastyear and lost to Kansas in the title game.

Carol Dennis, the mother of Memphis recruit Nolan Dennis, told The Commercial Appeal that the letter-of-intent her son signed last fallcontained an addendum that would allow him to follow Calipari to another school.

Two other highly-touted Memphis recruits, guard John Wall and center DeMarcus Cousins - have not yet signed with the Tigers and couldalso follow Calipari to Kentucky.

"Imagine the bigs you could have with Patrick Patterson, Daniel, Matt Pilgrim and Perry Stevenson along with Cousins coming in.What an offense that would be," Larry Orton said. "Then you would have Jodie Meeks and maybe throw in John Wall and Nolan Dennis, who is as good asWall. You are talking about automatic Final Four."

No team will come close to touch a starting 5 of Wall, Meeks, Henry, Patterson, Cousins. If both the Kansas guys are there they will give 'em a run and sowill Mich St. but I don't see anyone else really touching that squad.

Damn Memphis just went from Tournaments Locks Every Year to Automatic Bid ONLY status in the span of 72 hours....

Somebody has to be in the know about Kentucky's Scholarship status???

"Hypothetically Speaking" wouldn't it be crazy if UK had about 3 McD's AA as walks on next year.....With Fafsa paying their tuitions...

I +%***!$ knew Cal would have a back door to bring Dennis and Henry along with him to UK
laugh.gif

Things just got really 1 sided in the SEC
smh.gif

Damn Memphis just went from Tournaments Locks Every Year to Automatic Bid ONLY status in the span of 72 hours....

"Hypothetically Speaking" wouldn't it be crazy if UK had about 3 McD's AA as walks on next year.....With Fasfa paying their tuitions...

EARLY!!!

How good are Sallie and Witherspoon? seen they could be coming along too, I know Sallie had that
eek.gif
game in the first round.

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

LOL

I hate you. Your coach is John Callipari, and mine is Norm Roberts.
Maybe my Hoosiers will be goo next year at least with Malik...nevermind.

"Hypothetically Speaking" wouldn't it be crazy if UK had about 3 McD's AA as walks on next year.....With Fafsa paying their tuitions...
Do you know what FAFSA is? It doesn't pay any tuition. Its a financial aid form that determines need and from there the school determines howmuch you have to pay.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

This is so crazy... The hell was Memphis thinking? So he gets to take all of them to UK and he'll probably keepOrton/Hood...
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Wall, Orton, Hood, Henry, Dennis, Cousins...
smh.gif

The new Fab Five. This just makes me want to puke knowing they could be playing at St. John's next year if we had balls.

Lol, I'm trying to not drink the kool-aid yet...but y'all pouring it all over the place.

We all know scholarship situations always "work" out.

That's the only thing I wondering about, is he going to bring his Memphis recruits or keep the UK recruit's, or a mixture of both? There can't beenough to go around can it?

Witherspoon is probably a future pro.

Sallie can shoot it.

But IMO Cousins aint that good. It's just a weak class.

Congrats on the hire, yall know how I felt the last time this job was open in regards to Cal. He's just flat out a great coach and program caretaker,regardless of how he goes about it.

Allen, I'm still waiting for the official UK announcement.

The video of a jared lorenzen/guy morris gatorade shower won stop playing in my head.

For Memphis..

Two names that will likely surface -- if the Calipari-to-Kentucky deal is consummated -- are USC's Tim Floyd and Missouri's Mike Anderson.

Roster

John Wall
Wesley Witherspoon (sit out a year)
Robert Sallie (sit out a year)
Xavier Henry
D.Cousins
Nolan Dennis
Patrick Patterson
Jodie Meeks
Perry Stevenson
Orton
Cousins
Hood

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Its like a funeral around here, "We remember Cal, good times......"
roll.gif
roll.gif

MEMPHIS better hope for Tim Floyd , he recruited Oj Mayo....(wait
laugh.gif
)...still stand by him though

so what happens to all the dudes that committed to Memphis? if they no longer want to play there being that the coach is leaving would they still have to sitout a season?

Originally Posted by akf0dy7

so what happens to all the dudes that committed to Memphis? if they no longer want to play there being that the coach is leaving would they still have to sit out a season?
Cousins and Wall are verbals. They'll be fine. Henry wrote his LOI, but he can get out of it if Memphis lets him.

Back
Top Bottom