Calipari to Kentucky.

THe fact that he said he is going to sleep on it makes me think he's not going to do it.

At Kentucky he'll be one in a line of great coaches, just a face in the crowd at that consists of Aldoph Rupp, Eddie Sutton, Rick Pitino and Tubby Smith.Y'all have to realize how egotistical Callipari is. The face of Kentucky basketball is literally Kentucky A coach will never be able to be the entire faceof the program. Calipari wants to make his own Kentucky. Wherever he goes, he is going to win. He can make Memphis into his own Kentucky. He wants to be hisown Rupp. The fact that he is even conflicted when everyone was basically reporting it too me.

Originally Posted by Uter Zorker

!@%*$$% Billy G screwed arizona over...Cal would have been gone to Arizona for sure had the Kentucky job not opened up
mad.gif

i don't see it...and why doesn't Mark Few's name come up for that job???

one final tidbit:

As further indication of how quickly both sides are moving to an agreement, a source told SI.com on Monday that former Kentucky center Nazr Mohammed called Calipari to recommend that he hire Scott Padgett, another UK alum, as an assistant.

and anyone have any pics of Memphis's facilities??? Cal is supposed to be in Lexington in the morning.

Arizona has always had interest in Few but he hasn't really reciprocated. I have good information that Calipari has been eying the job for a while butobviously the Kentucky job opening up(as well as their checkbooks) will get him...

Some are saying if Cal gets hired at Kentucky that Pitino will leave for AZ. Personally I want Capel.

Whoever posted the link to that radio station..them fans were in serious denial
laugh.gif

Cal taking the #1, #2, and #3 recruits with him is just filthy

Do any of these recruits have some sort of package deal? I thought I saw something before on that with Wall

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Originally Posted by emkay

Originally Posted by 2wenty thre3

Which is ridiculous, because time and time again they've proven themselves in the tournament.

i must not have been watching during those years.
exactly, has Memphis really been that amazing in the tournament under Cal?

in Calipari's tenure, Memphis has one NC appearance and a few bright spots mixed with varying levels of underachievement.
Remind you he was hired in 2000

2002 NIT champions
2003-made NCAA
2004-made NCAA
2005-2006- 30-3,elite 8
2006-2007 30-3,elite 8
2007- 2008- lost in NC game, 39-1
2008-2009- lost in sweet sixteen

men lie, women lie. the numbers don't lie

in Calipari's tenure, Memphis has one NC appearance and a few bright spots mixed with varying levels of underachievement.
So in other words he is like 95% of NCAA head coaches.

Cal has done completely fine with Memphis in his short time there. Regular Season and Post. I'm not even sure what qualifies as "amazing" anymoreeither to be honest.

Originally Posted by tmukg21

2002 NIT champions
2003-made NCAA
2004-made NCAA
2005-2006- 30-3,elite 8
2006-2007 30-3,elite 8

They've done something that only like 4 other programs in the nation have done...which is win a postseason tourney game (NCAA or NIT) for thelast 5 consecutive years. But the tourney success hasn't been there under Cal
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by The Wizard

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Mike, you're being foolish.

Roy just won his first title in 05.
HUH?
On April 4, 2005, Williams shed his title as "the most successful coach to never have won an NCAA ring"[sup][3][/sup] as his Tar Heels defeated the University of Illinois in the 2005 NCAA Championship game.

so again all cal would have to do is win a title and he could be listed with them coachs

Arizona has always had interest in Few but he hasn't really reciprocated. I have good information that Calipari has been eying the job for a while but obviously the Kentucky job opening up(as well as their checkbooks) will get him...

Some are saying if Cal gets hired at Kentucky that Pitino will leave for AZ. Personally I want Capel.
real talk does zona even have paper like that to get a cal or pitino?

I mean...i don't see how yall try to discredit what he's done

[table][tr][td]1988-89[/td] [td]UMass[/td] [td]10-18[/td] [td]5-13[/td] [td]8th[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1989-90[/td] [td]UMass[/td] [td]17-14[/td] [td]10-8[/td] [td]6th[/td] [td]NIT 1st Round[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1990-91[/td] [td]UMass[/td] [td]20-13[/td] [td]10-8[/td] [td]T-3rd[/td] [td]NIT 4th Place[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1991-92[/td] [td]UMass[/td] [td]30-5[/td] [td]13-3[/td] [td]1st[/td] [td]NCAA Sweet 16[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1992-93[/td] [td]UMass[/td] [td]24-7[/td] [td]11-3[/td] [td]1st[/td] [td]NCAA 2nd Round[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1993-94[/td] [td]UMass[/td] [td]28-7[/td] [td]14-2[/td] [td]1st[/td] [td]NCAA 2nd Round[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1994-95[/td] [td]UMass[/td] [td]29-5[/td] [td]13-3[/td] [td]1st[/td] [td]NCAA Elite Eight[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1995-96[/td] [td]UMass[/td] [td]35-2[/td] [td]15-1[/td] [td]1st[/td] [td]NCAA Final Four[/td] [/tr][tr][td]UMass:[/td] [td]193-71[/td] [td]91-41[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Memphis Tigers (Conference USA) (2000-present)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2000-01[/td] [td]Memphis[/td] [td]21-15[/td] [td]10-6[/td] [td]2nd (National)[/td] [td]NIT Third Place[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2001-02[/td] [td]Memphis[/td] [td]27-9[/td] [td]12-4[/td] [td]1st (National)[/td] [td]NIT Champions[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2002-03[/td] [td]Memphis[/td] [td]23-7[/td] [td]13-3[/td] [td]1st (National)[/td] [td]NCAA 1st Round[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2003-04[/td] [td]Memphis[/td] [td]22-8[/td] [td]12-4[/td] [td]T-1st[/td] [td]NCAA 2nd Round[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2004-05[/td] [td]Memphis[/td] [td]22-16[/td] [td]9-7[/td] [td]T-6th[/td] [td]NIT Semifinals[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2005-06[/td] [td]Memphis[/td] [td]33-4[/td] [td]13-1[/td] [td]1st[/td] [td]NCAA Elite Eight[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2006-07[/td] [td]Memphis[/td] [td]33-4[/td] [td]16-0[/td] [td]1st[/td] [td]NCAA Elite Eight[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2007-08[/td] [td]Memphis[/td] [td]38-2[/td] [td]16-0[/td] [td]1st[/td] [td]NCAA Runner-up[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2008-09[/td] [td]Memphis[/td] [td]33-4[/td] [td]16-0[/td] [td]1st[/td] [td]NCAA Sweet 16[/td] [/tr][/table]

From being in the area, I can't even really begin to explain what he did at Umass

``I put something on my letter-of-intent that says if he (Calipari) leaves, I can leave, too," Henry told DraftExpress while down in Miami for the McDonald's All-American Game.

Remember, Henry is the top shooting guard in the country and could be the guy with the most pro potential of anyone in the Class of 2009. He's signed with Memphis and told Givony that he still hasn't heard anything from Calipari yet.

``Cal texted me this morning and told me he'd call me later," Henry said.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

real talk does zona even have paper like that to get a cal or pitino?

I think they probably do. Not to say Pitino won't leave for Zona, but I just find it funny how people think Pitino is somehow afraid of Cal and that'sgoing to be a deciding factor. As good as UofL and UK have been over the years, they've only played 1 time in the tourney. Yes, it's going to turn theheat up in the state, but it really only boils down to 1 game a year for bragging right's. I'm one of the very few that like both, so I can't waituntil he comes. And we can see Pitino and Cal go at it. Tubby vs Pitino was WAY to friendly.

Originally Posted by tmay407

2002 NIT champions
2003-made NCAA
2004-made NCAA
2005-2006- 30-3,elite 8
2006-2007 30-3,elite 8

They've done something that only like 4 other programs in the nation have done...which is win a postseason tourney game (NCAA or NIT) for the last 5 consecutive years. But the tourney success hasn't been there under Cal
eyes.gif
championships , well no. but if only 4 other programs can match that record, thats relatively successful

so poor of a track record KY wants him huh
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

``I put something on my letter-of-intent that says if he (Calipari) leaves, I can leave, too," Henry told DraftExpress while down in Miami for the McDonald's All-American Game.

Remember, Henry is the top shooting guard in the country and could be the guy with the most pro potential of anyone in the Class of 2009. He's signed with Memphis and told Givony that he still hasn't heard anything from Calipari yet.

``Cal texted me this morning and told me he'd call me later," Henry said.

Hmmmmm... Interesting
85e25bd44e74c83954ea95035166cfe4d04856e.gif

"We came because of the style of basketball and the way the coach coaches," said Carl Henry in a phone interview. "I haven't talked to mysons. Knowing them, they would probably want to leave."

Well, I assumed he could get Cousins and Wall to come with him, easily. Henry (s) would be the challenge, mostly due to KU....but....seems like he'll takehim or both, too.

Style of play is all determined by the coach... so basically what they're saying is that they are going to follow Cal if he leaves. Which would mean the1,2, and 3 of the class... something is hilariously wrong with that G
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Did anyone post in here about Cal strong-arming Memphis administration and the boosters?

Sayin he'll 'go easy' on transfers as long as they hire Tony Barbee (former Umass and Memphis assistant) current UTEP head coach.

LOL. Cal is that guy.

wildKYcat wrote:

2wenty thre3 wrote: Does anyone here go to KY? image

i think Gator B or jerseymizzle may, can't really remember...neither are fans tho.

I graduated from Western Kentucky......never went to UK....got some friends down there

Originally Posted by tmay407

2002 NIT champions
2003-made NCAA
2004-made NCAA
2005-2006- 30-3,elite 8
2006-2007 30-3,elite 8

They've done something that only like 4 other programs in the nation have done...which is win a postseason tourney game (NCAA or NIT) for the last 5 consecutive years. But the tourney success hasn't been there under Cal
eyes.gif

i'm confused about this...you sure there are only 4 programs who've won at least one postseason tourney game 5 years in a row???

- Matt spoke with someone close to the negotiations and he said that UK expects to receive an answer from Calipari at some point today. Whether he accepts or declines, it should be resolved today.

- Along that note, the same person said that almost all of the details were finalized late Monday night. One of the major sticking points was the status of the outstanding scholarship offers for the players in the 2010 class and beyond. According to this source, Calipari said that "only one is anywhere close to a UK-level player".

- Matt spoke to someone very close to Calipari who said a couple of interesting things:

1. There will be no players leaving Memphis to follow him to UK. There was some speculation of Wesley Witherspoon, Robert Sallie and others following their coach, but that will not happen.

2. This person also says that Calipari is very excited about the current UK roster. This person said that "Patterson, Meeks, Miller, Stevenson, Harris, Galloway, Orton and Hood", along with 1 or

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

i'm confused about this...you sure there are only 4 programs who've won at least one postseason tourney game 5 years in a row???
Pretty sure that's correct. UNC, Memphis, Louisville, Texas A&M, and I think there's one more. Georgetown would have been in there,but they lost to Baylor in the first round of the NIT this year. Those 4 teams plus Georgetown were the only teams in the nation that had 4 consecutivepostseason tourney wins in a row as of last year...and they all won at least one game this year (except for Georgetown).

That's according to several articles I've read on AggieAthletics.com and a couple of other sites.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Originally Posted by emkay

Originally Posted by 2wenty thre3

Which is ridiculous, because time and time again they've proven themselves in the tournament.

i must not have been watching during those years.

2002 NIT champions
2003-made NCAA
2004-made NCAA
2005-2006- 30-3,elite 8
2006-2007 30-3,elite 8

except for the title game year i see no 'proving themselves'.

and that season they were 39-2, so your numbers, they're lying.

Back
Top Bottom