Calipari to Kentucky.

John%20Calipari.jpg

I thought today on Mike and Mike, Gottlieb brought up a good point on his recruiting..

At Kentucky, he won't have to reload, year after year.....that Kentucky can be more appealing to the kids from 2 parent, middle class households that mightstick around 2,3,4 years. Not havin to take a Juco kid or 2 ever year.

Only Problem is they might not be Cal 'tough' guys.

Originally Posted by JamesOnNT

why is it 100% assumed wall is going to go with him?!
wwwess%2Blebron.jpg

And Mike Gilchrist (BIG TIME) will also follow Cal wherever he goes.

Originally Posted by JamesOnNT

why is it 100% assumed wall is going to go with him?!
it's not, but it shouldn't be that hard of a sell. did you see our PG play this year?
laugh.gif

Allen, I agree as well. keep the Darius Miller's and Jon Hood's (KY kids who will be nice, 4 year college players, don't ask me why we letPettigrew go to Western) in-state combined with "Cal guys."
pimp.gif

[h1]Source: John Calipari meets with players, hints at departure[/h1]
By Dan Wolken (Contact), Memphis Commercial Appeal
Originally published 09:53 a.m., March 30, 2009
Updated 09:53 a.m., March 30, 2009

University of Memphis coach John Calipari met with his players this morning to discuss his involvement with the University of Kentucky opening, according to a source close to the situation.

While Calipari did not say explicitly what he planned to do, players left the meeting convinced that Calipari would take the job. According to the source, Calipari told the team that Kentucky was the Notre Dame of basketball.

Meanwhile, ESPN.com reported Monday morning that Calipari met with Kentucky officials over the weekend to discuss an outline of a deal to replace Billy Gillispie.

A source told The Commercial Appeal on Sunday that Calipari had expressed interest in the job and could meet with Kentucky this week but that a meeting was "not definite."

Memphis officials, according to multiple sources, had no direct knowledge of a meeting between Calipari and Kentucky if one indeed took place over the weekend. Kentucky still had not asked Memphis for formal permission to speak with Calipari as of 9:45 a.m., according to sports information director Lamar Chance.

Either way, Memphis is expected to make a strong bid to keep Calipari with a financial package that would make him the highest paid coach in basketball, according to another source.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/mar/30/source-calipari-meets-players-hints-departure/

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Calipari told the team that Kentucky was the Notre Dame of basketball.
how do you tell YOUR team that?
laugh.gif

Like, I've been saying, Ego is a HUGE factor.

yeaaaaaaaaa.... its over
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Memphis officials, according to multiple sources, had no direct knowledge of a meeting between Calipari and Kentucky if one indeed took place over the weekend. Kentucky still had not asked Memphis for formal permission to speak with Calipari as of 9:45 a.m.,

UK isn't playing fair
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

kentucky b-ball fans are going to hyped like UT football is about this upcoming season....but calipari will help UK....UT still won't come close to winningthe SEC

xavier henry is going to be pissed.

oh well it's not like a little elbow grease coudnt get him out of his letter of intent.

then he can head over to lawrence.

Damn... I really don't understand this move for Cal. It's not like he's not landing 5 star recruits at Memphis. I think it's a mistake whenguys jump to a "tradition rich" school like Kentucky just cause they have more history, because other that, Kentucky is not a better program themMemphis. All they got is their history to fall back on.

Originally Posted by emkay

Damn... I really don't understand this move for Cal. It's not like he's not landing 5 star recruits at Memphis. I think it's a mistake when guys jump to a "tradition rich" school like Kentucky just cause they have more history, because other that, Kentucky is not a better program them Memphis. All they got is their history to fall back on.
6a2259a4fc7ee8925eda99689d8c28cabe3375a.gif

I wish you had to pass sometype of aptitude test related to the topic to reply

Kentucky bein back in the mix =
pimp.gif
for college basketball.

Memphis back to nothingness, makes me want to see Zo re-instated to NT.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
Dude gonna be cryin in his twitter

Back
Top Bottom