Calipari to Kentucky.

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

[h1]Kentucky receives permission to talk to Calipari[/h1]
LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) -The University of Memphis has given Kentucky permission to speak to coach John Calipari about the Wildcats' head coaching position.

Athletic director R.C. Johnson said in a statement Monday that Calipari could meet with Kentucky representatives, but stressed Memphis will do whatever it can to retain the coach.

Calipari did not immediately return a text message from The Associated Press, and several Memphis players did not respond to e-mail messages left by the AP.

Kentucky spokesman DeWayne Peevy would not confirm or deny an ESPN report that Wildcats officials had already met with Calipari and were prepared to offer him the job.

The school fired Billy Gillispie after two seasons on Friday.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...3/30/2060.ap.bkc.kentucky.search.1st.ld.0117/

hopefully, according to Wes, "what's going to happen" isn't a "monumental" let-down. all signs point to Cal at UK. i'll wait until I see him at a presser with Barnhart.

early word is 6 years, $40 mil
laugh.gif

$6.67 million/year......wow.

[Joker] and here we go........[/Joker]

....on how this situation folds.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Rick Bozich, a reputable Louisville sports writer, said he just talked to WWW...and Wes said:

"What's going to happen is going to be monumental for college basketball. It's going to be exciting. It's going to be great."
Originally Posted by dreClark

Worldwide Wes
pimp.gif

smh, what yall know about The Family???
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by emkay

Damn... I really don't understand this move for Cal. It's not like he's not landing 5 star recruits at Memphis. I think it's a mistake when guys jump to a "tradition rich" school like Kentucky just cause they have more history, because other that, Kentucky is not a better program them Memphis. All they got is their history to fall back on.

indifferent.gif

SEC >>> Conf USA

Not to mention fighting w/ Pitino to be the king of a basketball crazed state. Not to mention dude has an ego. Why wouldnt he take on the challenge of briningUK back to the top?

key word was "word"
laugh.gif

apparently, those #'s were heard on numerous sports talk radio shows a little bit ago...but they said that INCLUDES every incentive (radio, tv, etc...andchampionship bonuses) so that's what it could equal to.

who knows man?

btw, i'm the most unproductive man on the planet today.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
eek.gif
Damn near $7 million a year?!

yea they aren't playing. That plus that team of boosters he'll have in his back pocket = Bye Bye Memphis.
Old money goes a long way in the South. They are that desperate to win.

Cal is the "Pitino type" UK has been wanting. I guess they want to make sure they get him, but 6+ mil a year? Wow!

kentucky dont mind dishing out that $ as long as they are back in the championship hunt and running the SEC

Originally Posted by RellNye

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
eek.gif
Damn near $7 million a year?!

yea they aren't playing. That plus that team of boosters he'll have in his back pocket = Bye Bye Memphis.
Old money goes a long way in the South. They are that desperate to win.

that money is too hard and tempting to pass up.

the city of Memphis is about to go FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU if Cal goes.

They just reported on that Memphis station that i posted on the last page that as of now it's a done deal, but Memphis is making one last pitch for him tostay at 3:30 today.

And I wonder what Pitino is thinking today
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by jdcurt2

They just reported on that Memphis station that i posted on the last page that as of now it's a done deal, but Memphis is making one last pitch for him to stay at 3:30 today.

And I wonder what Pitino is thinking today
eyes.gif

Insult to Injury ... thats what he's thinking. Not only did his cardinals blow a good chance at winning him his 3rd title his former employer are trying toconclude a deal for someone who will build their program to rival and quite possibily top his. Bad few days for Rick
ohwell.gif

G, it would be like your worst enemy sleeping with your ex-wife.
laugh.gif

a_pitino_i.jpg

and that was Pitino's best chance to win a title at UofL since he's been there. not saying he can't get to that point again, but it won't benext year.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Originally Posted by JamesOnNT

why is it 100% assumed wall is going to go with him?!
wwwess%2Blebron.jpg

And Mike Gilchrist (BIG TIME) will also follow Cal wherever he goes.
that dude is shady as hell, but extremely powerful.. realtalk. i read an article on him not too long ago. it's almost a mortal lock thatWesley will bring Calipari's Memphis recruits to KY.

this is a nice vertical move for Calipari... even though he's a piece of #!@$, and really not that good of a coach. Kentucky is easily one of the best jobsin the country.

Who is this WWW dude? How does he have connections everywhere?

My cousin just came on to the Memphis staff this past year....I'm gonna try to see what's up...

There's no way in hell it'll happen, but how funny would it be if Calipari "fails" at Kentucky like Billy G. "failed"?

I think it would be up there among some of the funniest things I've ever witnessed...

laugh.gif
Calipari really is the perfect guy for that job... It's insane how perfect a fit it is when you really think about it...

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

My cousin just came on to the Memphis staff this past year....I'm gonna try to see what's up...
Because he is simply that dude.

No matter how shady his dealings are
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

roll.gif
Man the host of the show now on this station seems so down, he'slike I don't see why he wants to go to Kentucky, he has everything here, and in the SEC he is just another fish, while here he is the "BIG FISH"

http://sports56whbq.com/

I think it's a done deal. I like UofL and UK (not on a 1a and 1b type, UofL a very solid 1, UK a distant 2), so I hope he comes to UK.

......But, it would look horrible for UK if he does turn them down.

If nothing else, the dude absolutely has the system figured out and he understands exactly how to workevery aspect of it to his advantage... Shady as hell for sure, but he's definitely got the game figured out and he's not ashamed of using it...

your cousin is on the memphis staff? he should definitely know.

Originally Posted by JamesOnNT

your cousin is on the memphis staff? he should definitely know.

nerd.gif

^yeah, that was the article i read.

i'm not hating on his hustle, but i don't know how nobody has investigated son..
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom