Calipari to Kentucky.

I'm not exactly sure Trill...I'm posting from the BB, I just heard that on the radio. They also said that Cal wants to tell the guys he's gotcommited to Memphis to consider staying there, guess he doesn't want to leave the cupboard bare.

Screw that lol.

I spent a year at UK, and swore off UK basketball after Tubby-gate. The fans' attitudes were THE WORST.

I must say if they do get Cal they'll at least be interesting again. College basketball is better off when historically good teams are interesting (and notlosing to VMI).

memphis is gonna after Floyd too...perfect choice
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

WMC-TV in Memphis reported Monday afternoon that Memphis coach John Calipari will accept an offer from Kentucky to become the men's basketball coach for the Wildcats.

The report by WMC's Sports Director Jarvis Greer, which aired at 3 p.m., said that barring any breakdown in negotiations Calipari will take over at UK and will bring his coaching staff, as well as at least two current Memphis players, with him to Lexington.

Greer said that a "reliable source" told him that the two Memphis players who will transfer to UK are Wesley Witherspoon and Robert Sallie.

There are reports that at least two members of Calipari's top-rated recruiting class for next season, who have verbally committed to Memphis but have not signed letters of intent, will also follow him to Kentucky.

LEX 18 will have more on this developing story today beginning at 5.

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Will someone post this: http://www.lex18.com/Global/story.asp?S=10096463&nav=menu203_4
Here ya go:

WMC-TV in Memphis reported Monday afternoon that Memphis coach John Calipari will accept an offer from Kentucky to become the men's basketball coach for the Wildcats.

The report by WMC's Sports Director Jarvis Greer, which aired at 3 p.m., said that barring any breakdown in negotiations Calipari will take over at UK and will bring his coaching staff, as well as at least two current Memphis players, with him to Lexington.

Greer said that a "reliable source" told him that the two Memphis players who will transfer to UK are Wesley Witherspoon and Robert Sallie.

There are reports that at least two members of Calipari's top-rated recruiting class for next season, who have verbally committed to Memphis but have not signed letters of intent, will also follow him to Kentucky.

Report: Calipari To Take Kentucky Job

Posted: March 30, 2009 04:03 PM EDT

Updated: March 30, 2009 04:53 PM EDT
[table][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td] http://wlex.images.worldn...tic/gfx/bg_co_ribbon.gifborder=0> [table][tr][td]
c_hb_tl.gif
[/td] [td]LEX 18 News Headlines[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Report: Calipari To Take Kentucky Job
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]UK Confirms They Asked Permission To Talk To Calipari
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Another Fetus Found In Hillcrest Cemetery In Lexington
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Another Rabid Skunk Found In Lexington; Fifth Found This Year
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Suspect In Whitley County Bank Robbery Arrested At Apartment
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]One Man Hurt, One In Jail After Lincoln Co. Shooting
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Man Recovering After Being Assaulted And Robbed
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]NWS: Tornado Hit Western Kentucky County
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mine Blowout Reported In Southeastern Kentucky
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Perry County Factory Closing, 165 Out Of Work
[table][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pxl_trans.gif

[/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Are you kidding me? Dude is bringing 4 players and his staff. Dude has a cult like following
laugh.gif

But props to Cal

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

I'm not exactly sure Trill...I'm posting from the BB, I just heard that on the radio. They also said that Cal wants to tell the guys he's got commited to Memphis to consider staying there, guess he doesn't want to leave the cupboard bare.

Screw that lol.

key word... don't expect him to sell this idea whole heartedly
laugh.gif

I thought the first four had already signed? The only unsigned is DeMarcus Cousins... And I think it's safe to say Cal wants him to tag along to UK...

Mizzou and Oklahoma need to open the check books and tell Anderson and Capel to name their price...

QFT

Both those guys can coach and recruit.

I thought the first four had already signed? The only unsigned is DeMarcus Cousins... And I think it's safe to say Cal wants him to tag along to UK...
can't you be released from your LOI due to a coaching change? is there a rule like that?

I thought so, however some schools won't let you out ala UAB, they had Cousins or Favors locked up but wouldnt allow him to decommit if Mike Davis wasfired or left so he refused to sign the LOI and they lost him

I believe you can get out tho... Scotty ended up Nova because Sampson left Okla, not sure if he signed the LOI tho

you signed letter of intent so you basically stuck..same thing happened with bill walker who wanted to play for bob huggins but he left to west virginia andwalker was still at k-state..

Originally Posted by JamesOnNT

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

If Wall and Cousins there next year, I don't see any team beating them.
yeah right.
ohwell.gif

Big East will be depleted, ACC ain't looking strong. If y'all thought this year was weak next year is going to be depleted. SEC ain't looking anybetter, Pac-10 ain't have anyone shook. If they got Meeks, Patterson, Wall and Cousins best believe no team coming close to touching that type of talent.

Don't forget about Daniel Orton.. UK got Orton..

Wall - Meeks - Cousins - Patterson - Orton

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

If Wall and Cousins there next year, I don't see any team beating them.

people already getting delusional about how thing are going to be over there.
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom