Calipari to Kentucky.

Originally Posted by tmay407

Boeheim - Since 1976
Coach K - Since 1980
Calhoun - Since 1986
Izzo - Since 1995
Calipari - Since 2000

But wouldn't that just be proving a point that Calipari should stay at Memphis in order to try to build Memphis into a school like that? Or did I miss something...?
Calipari has already done a lot for Memphis, and people still don't give him credit because of the conference they're in...

Boeheim - Since 1976
Coach K - Since 1980
Calhoun - Since 1986
Izzo - Since 1995
Calipari - Since 2000

But wouldn't that just be proving a point that Calipari should stay at Memphis in order to try to build Memphis into a school like that? Or did I miss something...?
but there is a common denominator there.

each one of those coaches except for Calipari has major competitors that pushes his team and test how great his team really is.

Originally Posted by 2wenty thre3

Boeheim - Since 1976
Coach K - Since 1980
Calhoun - Since 1986
Izzo - Since 1995
Calipari - Since 2000

Calipari has already done a lot for Memphis, and people still don't give him credit because of the conference they're in...

Which is ridiculous, because time and time again they've proven themselves in the tournament.

Originally Posted by The Wizard

each one of those coaches except for Calipari has major competitors that pushes his team and test how great his team really is.
I guess I see what you're saying...but does the tourney not show how good Memphis' teams have been? I mean, Memphis has been one of themost successful programs in terms of the NCAA tourney lately...I guess that success just goes out the window because they're from Conference USA.

Does the tourney not show how good Memphis' teams have been? I mean, Memphis has been one of the most successful programs in terms of the NCAA tourney lately...
Also, OOC he doesn't just sit back and ride thru his season. He makes up for the conference shortcomings in the tourney and OOC play. Heschedules some of the best he can get and some teams don't even want to play them.

I've heard Pastner is a possibility as a replacement at Memphis, but I dunno how valid that is.
interesting... just now, i also read something about Memphis asking permission to speak with Mike Anderson and Tim Floyd.

but i am starting to think that Calipari is not going anywhere...

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

I've heard Pastner is a possibility as a replacement at Memphis, but I dunno how valid that is.
interesting... just now, i also read something about Memphis asking permission to speak with Mike Anderson and Tim Floyd.
Well yea...aside from those two, Pastner is the only other name I've heard as a possibility. I didn't list those two cuz they were alreadynamed earlier in the thread.

Originally Posted by jville819

Does the tourney not show how good Memphis' teams have been? I mean, Memphis has been one of the most successful programs in terms of the NCAA tourney lately...
Also, OOC he doesn't just sit back and ride thru his season. He makes up for the conference shortcomings in the tourney and OOC play. He schedules some of the best he can get and some teams don't even want to play them.

to be fair he only started to play a very good OOC schedule, he was riped for years for playing nothing but bums

Tony Barbaree was the name i heard that Cal wanted to replace him...and i thought i heard that Josh Pastner would follow?

Pastner getting a good HC job this young would be
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

This is so crazy... The hell was Memphis thinking? So he gets to take all of them to UK and he'll probably keep Orton/Hood...
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Wall, Orton, Hood, Henry, Dennis, Cousins...
smh.gif
Henry will more than likely go wherever his brother CJ ends up...

I hope Cal stays at Memphis, doesn't look good though.

and the #1 Point guard John Wall was highly thinking Memphis....... we had a fab 5-6 waiting to happen!
sick.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by jerseymizzle

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Does anyone here go to KY?
nerd.gif
i think Gator B or jerseymizzle may, can't really remember...neither are fans tho.
click this thread for the first time and my name pops up
laugh.gif

other way around though, fan but i don't go there.

I went to UK my first 3 semesters, my second semester was when all the BCG stuff was going down, place was a mad house.

Anyways, I'm a lil worried right now.
eyes.gif

2164 Kentucky fans online right now
laugh.gif
It's 3am.

Time for bed, have work and school starting in about 5 hours
mad.gif
hopefullysomethin goes down by noon. I cant take another day of this.

Originally Posted by emkay

Boeheim - Since 1976
Coach K - Since 1980
Calhoun - Since 1986
Izzo - Since 1995
Calipari - Since 2000

Which is ridiculous, because time and time again they've proven themselves in the tournament.

i must not have been watching during those years.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Originally Posted by emkay

Boeheim - Since 1976
Coach K - Since 1980
Calhoun - Since 1986
Izzo - Since 1995
Calipari - Since 2000

i must not have been watching during those years.
exactly, has Memphis really been that amazing in the tournament under Cal?

in Calipari's tenure, Memphis has one NC appearance and a few bright spots mixed with varying levels of underachievement.

maybe it's just me but with Cal moving to Kentucky and bringing all his recruits still doesn't guarantee success. but yeah, with all the chaos andturmoil there, i guess anything and everything is appreciated. not to mention overhyped.

can't wait to see the new-look Wildcats take on the Heels next season. let's see what Cal and his rooks are made of.

i think only way he stays if memphis pays about the same or his recruits tell him they dont want to play at kentucky... he knows if he was all those dudes atmemphis next year they will be one of the best if not the best team in the country

!@%*$$% Billy G screwed arizona over...Cal would have been gone to Arizona for sure had the Kentucky job not opened up
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom