Caught Cheating on a exam .. help me out UPDATE pg 14

Dude in my Spanish class got suspended for a full year for cheating on our midterm my freshman year. He was looking up answers on his blackberry. Hope you just get a zero though

Dude in my Spanish class got suspended for a full year for cheating on our midterm my freshman year. He was looking up answers on his blackberry. Hope you just get a zero though

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

Most that can happen you get expelled
Least is that you get a zero

But come on bruh. Everyone knows that when you need to memorize formulas you just save them as "programs" in the TI-83
30t6p3b.gif

But come on bruh. Everyone knows that when you need to memorize formulas you just save them as "programs" in the TI-83
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

30t6p3b.gif
Interestingly enough I know a guy in my math class last year that got caught doing this.  He doesn't go here anymore... RIP 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

30t6p3b.gif
Interestingly enough I know a guy in my math class last year that got caught doing this.  He doesn't go here anymore... RIP 
tired.gif

I really don't see you getting expelled for this, if that was the case why would he even let you finish the exam.

You will probably get a 0 on the exam but I wouldn't worry too much. Most of the professors I had were pretty nice people and weren't out to get students. Just tell him you made a poor decision and weren't thinking clearly. If all else fails, I've heard of professors taking bribes.

My friend's dad was a commercial fisherman, anytime he was doing bad in a class he would bring the professor a huge bundle of seafood, always ended up with an A or B.

I really don't see you getting expelled for this, if that was the case why would he even let you finish the exam.

You will probably get a 0 on the exam but I wouldn't worry too much. Most of the professors I had were pretty nice people and weren't out to get students. Just tell him you made a poor decision and weren't thinking clearly. If all else fails, I've heard of professors taking bribes.

My friend's dad was a commercial fisherman, anytime he was doing bad in a class he would bring the professor a huge bundle of seafood, always ended up with an A or B.

This sucks dude but if there's one thing that could make you feel better, think about it like this, it only sucks for you.

This sucks dude but if there's one thing that could make you feel better, think about it like this, it only sucks for you.

No, don't email him. Wait until you see him in person.  
When you do, own up to it completely and tell him you don't even care about the grade but you just want to apologize to him personally for disrespecting him, how disappointed you are in yourself, how you deserve to be kicked out, etc. Don't just ask for mercy or even appear to be trying to get him to help you out in any way. Instead explain your situation while trying to appeal to his emotions on the low. It literally all comes down to what his personality is like and how good of a job you do. Tears may help you out as well.

I obviously don't know your professor, but the fact that he didn't immediately take your paper and tell you to get the hell out is a good sign. Update us Monday.

No, don't email him. Wait until you see him in person.  
When you do, own up to it completely and tell him you don't even care about the grade but you just want to apologize to him personally for disrespecting him, how disappointed you are in yourself, how you deserve to be kicked out, etc. Don't just ask for mercy or even appear to be trying to get him to help you out in any way. Instead explain your situation while trying to appeal to his emotions on the low. It literally all comes down to what his personality is like and how good of a job you do. Tears may help you out as well.

I obviously don't know your professor, but the fact that he didn't immediately take your paper and tell you to get the hell out is a good sign. Update us Monday.

Originally Posted by Hess Side 978

Not all professors embarrass their students in front of the class. Some will throw out the exam after the student has finished and take note of what they did.

eek.gif
laugh.gif
at the idea of offering a professor a bribe. You definitely want to get this guy in trouble.

This just wasn't a poor decision and he didn't think clearly. He thought hard enough to create a cheat sheet. That's not going to fly.

Originally Posted by Hess Side 978

Not all professors embarrass their students in front of the class. Some will throw out the exam after the student has finished and take note of what they did.

eek.gif
laugh.gif
at the idea of offering a professor a bribe. You definitely want to get this guy in trouble.

This just wasn't a poor decision and he didn't think clearly. He thought hard enough to create a cheat sheet. That's not going to fly.

Depends on the professor. You could just get a 0 or he could report to the academic committee or whatever yall have there, and they can either suspend you or kick you out.

but hopefully you just the 0. Talk to the professor like a man, that might help you a lil bit.

Back
Top Bottom