Cd Sales 12-1-09 Vol. Curtis 59k Second week

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

I know Jay's claims to be from the streets and all... Not sure the validity of that... But on the street you don't say "no ones scared of person A" and expect to be taken serious... If your not scared of person (A), you say it TO person (A), not somebody else... Cause that proves nothing, and it makes your statement worthless

But anyway, I said it before, and I'll say it again, from Feb 4th 2003 to today, 50 has made all around better music than Jay Z (IMO)... I broke it down in the LAST thread about this exact same subject... (didn't see anything refuting that stament that was worth takin into consideration) I also broke down close to 11 years worth of "gimmicks" Jay Z has used that for some reason doesn't seem to upset people the way 50's so called "gimmicks" have, which makes NO sense...

Even if 50 made 4 Get Rich Or Die Trying Status albums Jay-Z would still make better music

Exhibit A

Jay-z-black-album.jpg

Exhbit B

JayZ_American_Gangster_Cover.jpg

Case Closed.
happy.gif

@ the end of the day...

From Feb 4th 2003 - NOW

50 has made BETTER music & sold more records than Camel... If its curtains for 50 since an album that leaked a month ago MAY struggle to go gold, thatmakes his career OVER?? So who in hip hop can claim to have a career?? 7 or 8 cats??

But on the street you don't say "no ones scared of person A" and expect to be taken serious... If your not scared of person (A), you say it TO person (A), not somebody else... Cause that proves nothing, and it makes your statement worthless

I hear ya, and you make a valid point. I'll just say if 50 really took those comments to heart and decided to rehash this "so called" beef withJay over that comment then that's on him, although I think it makes 50 look bad either way.

from Feb 4th 2003 to today, 50 has made all around better music than Jay Z (IMO)...

Everybody is entitled to their opinion champ but I'll have to say hell no on that one. More power to you though.

GRODT is better than both of those albums (TBA & AG)... Of course admitting that on NT is taboo cause "No ones better than Camel"...

You pointing out if 50 made 4 albums the calibur of GRODT he STILL wouldn't have made better music?? So the bias is obviously clear... No matter what 50makes be it good or bad, it will NEVER top what Camel makes, be it good or bad...

GRODT is better than both of those albums (TBA & AG)... Of course admitting that on NT is taboo cause "No ones better than Camel"...

You pointing out if 50 made 4 albums the calibur of GRODT he STILL wouldn't have made better music?? So the bias is obviously clear... No matter what 50 makes be it good or bad, it will NEVER top what Camel makes, be it good or bad...
Get Rich was average lyrics over Outstanding Production thats it. TBA and AG were Amazing Lyrics and Amazing Production

You pointing out if 50 made 4 albums the calibur of GRODT he STILL wouldn't have made better music?? So the bias is obviously clear... No matter what 50 makes be it good or bad, it will NEVER top what Camel makes, be it good or bad...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You stay calling cats who at all side with Jay on anything a stan, yet you defend 50 and LL like they saved your baby from a burning building.
laugh.gif
You a herb.

So we're gonna give the producers all the credit for GRODT?? Come on, the songwriting on that album is GREAT, why yall trying to discredit 50 and his worka good 6 years after the fact...

50 never said he was the best lyricists, never claimed to be, but now everyones a lyrical critic ONLY to take a swipe @ his career...
smh.gif

I've called 3 cats Jay Stans, and they are all 3 deserving of that said title...

But who the *++! is this Chuck cat?? You comin in here soundin like a clown (what else is new)... After you point out how I call those cats "Stans"for siding with Jay on "anything" you turn around and criticize me for siding with LL & 50 on MUSIC based arguments?? You've proven yourselfto be an idiot with nothing to contribute to a semi-educated conversation...

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Another thing too, I'm seeing all types of excuses for 50's piss poor numbers from him and his fans. "The album leaked a month in advance", "People were too busy traveling for Thanksgiving" "50's doing the best he can with what he has". At the end of the day these are all excuses, and they all lead to nowhere. All 50 Cent and some of his fans (particularly some here on NT) had to say was that his gimmicks simply didn't work this time around and some of the early calculations of his first and second week sales were all lies in order to fool the public, nothing wrong with telling the truth.

laugh.gif
Dudes are pathetic. Cats sound like Yayo and #$# with some of theseexcuses.

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

actually, i agree with harlem.

GRODT > TBA & AG

Stop it. Just stop it. Get Rich Or Die Trying can stand on its own against EACH album. But better than BOTH? Stop it. Like Gunna said, GRODT is carried by itsproduction and catchy hooks. Not terrible lyrics but in comparison to The Black Album and American GangsteR? Its inferior. Let's don't sit here andmake GRODT something. Its riding music. Solid riding music. One of the best albums of the 00's. But take away the instrumentals from TBA and AG and I stillthink I can ride to Jay's +$%. You take away GRODT and just straight acapella? Wouldn't even be listenable.

No one said it was better than both of them put togeather...
indifferent.gif

And why would we have to pit 2 albums against one of 50s??

Now cats are just getting desperate dissing 50 albums from 03, and trying to downplay the album's overall Greatness with these silly comparisons... I'msure there's a few more valid arguments that could be made against 50... Instead you guys attack his BEST piece of work
smh.gif

What's YOUR excuse...

My PayPal is waiting...

What's your excuse for begging me about this money? Didn't I tell you wait until next year? You trying to make new guidelines. Over here begging for 50dollars. Probably gonna waste it on more copies of that Before I Self Destruct. Damn.......................

No one said it was better than both of them put togeather...
indifferent.gif

And why would we have to pit 2 albums against one of 50s??

Now cats are just getting desperate dissing 50 albums from 03, and trying to downplay the album's overall Greatness with these silly comparisons... I'm sure there's a few more valid arguments that could be made against 50... Instead you guys attack his BEST piece of work
smh.gif
What does GRODT>>TBA & AG mean then? Shouldn't it be GRODT>>TBA or AG? I took it as he meant it was better than both albumsand like I said it can stand on its own but saying its better than ANY two Jay albums in his catalog is OD.

To me it means GRODT better than TBA & better than AG...

Am I missing something??

Begging for $50??
laugh.gif
so now you wanna make it seem like I'm desperate for that?? You were a man when you made the bet, but I guess you don't wanna bea man and pay up huh... There was NO holiday sales spike for DTR... If you need another 3 or 4 week to get togeather 50 bucks... No problem. Holla @ me whenyour able to get it...

GRODT did have 2 #1 singles... Another #3... Then the buzz of Magic Stick (which was #1 or 2)...

How yall givin Dre & Em all the credit?? In the calander year of 2003, 50 had more Billboard Top 5 singles then Dre or Em had in ANY year in their careers.(If im not mistaken)...

I know cats are willing to say anything to discredit 50, but I don't see Stat Quo, Obie Trice, Knoc'turnal, D12 and them cats with #1 hits or MULTIplatinum plaques... And even if you guys are still not willing to give 50 his credit, he propelled the first G Unit album to MULTI platinum status, Lloyd Bankssolo, Buck went plat, Yayo went gold, Game went MULTI...

Is that hard for cats to admit that 50 is a proven hitmaker??

ROCYAICE you might as well pay up fam...

IMO GRODT isn't better than AG & definitely not better than TBA. Really GRODT is only hot cause of the beat+chorus combo. As we can see that got oldquick

"He had a hell of a run. Standing ovation" it's over though

Back
Top Bottom