Cheap things you do vol. every dollar counts

Got a haircut scheduled for tomorrow. Thought it would be a waste of water and shampoo to wash my hair only to get it cut. Just took a shower with a shower cap on and skipped the hair washing.

Pee in my backyard to save water.

HighlevelBoilingAsiansmallclawedotter-max-1mb.gif

Print stuff out at work instead of buying a printer.

I had work order me a printer to have while I'm WFH for the foreseeable future. Doubt I use it all that much but they are willing to buy me one so why not.

This thread reminds me of that show on TV Extreme Cheapskates. That **** is so wild i once someone run their dishwasher to wash dishes but also make spaghetti. Some other *** was making cookies on her car dashboard to save electricity and the couple who shared bathwater smh. The worst ones are the ones who look for food in dumpsters

Whenever I’m staying at a hotel, I try to make the most out of my stay since I’m paying for it. If check out is at 11, I’ll leave at 11:05.

Make sure to save my showers for the hotels too since I’m not paying for their water. Take extra long showers, too.

Last edited:
Any of you try and squeeze the very last ounce of toothpaste? I remember as a kid, my folks would do everything short of cutting open the tube to scrape the last fragment of toothpaste out.

Whenever I’m staying at a hotel, I try to make the most out of my stay since I’m paying for it. If check out is at 11, I’ll leave at 11:05.

Make sure to save my showers for the hotels too since I’m not paying for their water. Take extra long showers, too.
And of course take your dumps at the hotel (or at public restrooms) to save on toilet paper and soap. I haven't had to buy toilet paper in years.

Another cost-effective solution is taking Imodium to 1) decrease frequency of bowel movements and 2) reduce (eliminate?) the need for wiping.

Any of you try and squeeze the very last ounce of toothpaste? I remember as a kid, my folks would do everything short of cutting open the tube to scrape the last fragment of toothpaste out.
Not this but if any bottle is near the end (soap, shampoo, etc.) we would add water and shake it up some to get those last bits.

I roll it up from the bottom and you be surprised how much there is left.

Any of y’all the opposite and just continually buy item.
like the opposite of cutting the tooth paste and squeezing it out. I’ll but like 5 at a time too always have a fresh one.

i end up overpaying a lot of stuff

Any of y’all the opposite and just continually buy item.
like the opposite of cutting the tooth paste and squeezing it out. I’ll but like 5 at a time too always have a fresh one.

i end up overpaying a lot of stuff

I mean, you can do both of those things.

Back
Top Bottom