Cheap things you do vol. every dollar counts

Any time I'm at the hospital and/or checked in as a patient I raid the nurse's inventory/storage rooms for medical supplies;

Band-aids, gauze, rubbing alcohol, disinfectants, all types of tape, bandages, first aid kits, other instruments,etc.

Same thing when I go for a checkup and they just have me waiting in the patient room after I was just waiting in the waiting room. Don't need most of it but it does come in handy and is always good to have on hand.

My father worked in a hospital for 20+ years and that's when I got in the habit of doing it.

My job sells clothes for some reason. Like why would I pay for advertising for my job?

I found where they keep them though and got myself a hoody and a hat that says “mentor”.

I’ll consider it pay for all the times they call me when I’m off the clock not receiving on call pay.

Any time I'm at the hospital and/or checked in as a patient I raid the nurse's inventory/storage rooms for medical supplies;

Band-aids, gauze, rubbing alcohol, disinfectants, all types of tape, bandages, first aid kits, other instruments,etc.

Same thing when I go for a checkup and they just have me waiting in the patient room after I was just waiting in the waiting room. Don't need most of it but it does come in handy and is always good to have on hand.

My father worked in a hospital for 20+ years and that's when I got in the habit of doing it.

This one gets a pass honestly cause EVERY nurse/doc does this. Im Filipino and my moms a nurse, aunt, countless friends and fam and every single one of them does it. You know how nany of them surgical type steel scissors I got? :lol:

200.gif

This one gets a pass honestly cause EVERY nurse/doc does this. Im Filipino and my moms a nurse, aunt, countless friends and fam and every single one of them does it. You know how nany of them surgical type steel scissors I got? :lol:
This is a fact.

I just didn't want to say that to make it seem like I was trying to justify it.

I got mad thermometers and stethoscopes. Gloves galore.

:lol: I use to do this in college when I was in the dorms

An actual necessity cuz back then we were struggling. Took plates and all the eating utensils.

tumblr_llb327YPFl1qj9qhto1_500.gif

Last edited:
Can't lie, at my last marketing job, the ceo and the vp were *******s and co-owners of the company. Knew I didn't want to work there anymore so right before I left took a bunch of office supplies like fedex envelopes, staplers, computer paper etc. :lol:

Last edited:

Do you ever steal sample drugs as well?

Can't lie, at my last marketing job, the ceo and the vp were *******s and co-owners of the company. Knew I didn't want to work there anymore so right before I left took a bunch of office supplies like fedex envelopes, staplers, computer paper etc. :lol:

When you don’t like the company you take **** you don’t even need. :lol:

I lube my chain binders (the things I use to chain machines I move) with oil that costs 100 dollars a can when I could just grab wd40. :lol:

I like the smell of the expensive stuff though. 👃👃

Not sure If I already shared this one but My job has a website where u can buy work clothes, like jackets, polos, hoodies and what not. Its pretty trash tbh but sounds like a cool perk on paper. You get a spending allowance of like $250 a year which is pretty nice. I did some digging on the program and found out that you also can purchase clothes elsewhere and just show finance the receipt and youll get reimbursed the $250 on your check. Light bulb instantly went off. I loaded up an online order and copped $250 worth of clothes on my credit card, curbside picked it up, kept the bag in my car, came back to the gig a couple days later and showed finance the receipt. They approved it and put the reimbursement on my next check, then I drove back to the store and returned it all.

Nah :lol:

That's addict behavior.

Granted if they did keep aspirin around I probably would take that too for the occasional headache.

No judgement from me. I just remember that when I go to the doctor he always has "samples" drug reps give him of what he's prescribing me. My sister is a doctor and she said that folks can get in a ton trouble for stealing sample drugs. I just want you to be careful as more of those exam rooms have cameras and even if you don't take drugs someone might blame you. That is asking for problems that you don't want.

No judgement from me. I just remember that when I go to the doctor he always has "samples" drug reps give him of what he's prescribing me. My sister is a doctor and she said that folks can get in a ton trouble for stealing sample drugs. I just want you to be careful as more of those exam rooms have cameras and even if you don't take drugs someone might blame you. That is asking for problems that you don't want.
Of all the exam rooms and supply pantries I've ransacked I aint never come across any drugs. Not a pill or vial.

Im pretty sure they keep that stuff locked away and not easily accessible.

I'm just taking whats visible. Not picking locks

In HS I stole a ti-83 calculator from a teacher just because I didn’t like her. Later that year she failed me by like 3 points and I had to go to summer school :smh:
I was plotting on a triple beam scale too but never took it

I also tried to sell that calculator to some kid then he switched schools and never paid me so that’s what I get I guess

Call me a thief or whatever but fall is here and my favorite sports are starting their seasons soon.

Here goes:

Best Buy lately has been giving out free 30-day trials for FuboTV if you buy a streaming stick (Chromecast, Roku, FireTV, etc). On top of the Fubo trial, you also get Apple TV for 3 months and YouTube Premium for 3 months for some streaming sticks. Anyways, buy the streaming stick and then wait a few minutes to get the codes sent to your email. Redeem them and then cancel the order or return.

Not really a scam but just telling you that Best Buy also has a promo deal where it's $35/month rather than the usual $70/month. And they always have Apple TV and YT Premium trials for free too. Check it out.

That was my go to scissors back in the day when I had projects that require cutting out magazines and making collages for homework.

Back
Top Bottom