Cheap things you do vol. every dollar counts

Any time I'm at the hospital and/or checked in as a patient I raid the nurse's inventory/storage rooms for medical supplies;

Band-aids, gauze, rubbing alcohol, disinfectants, all types of tape, bandages, first aid kits, other instruments,etc.

Same thing when I go for a checkup and they just have me waiting in the patient room after I was just waiting in the waiting room. Don't need most of it but it does come in handy and is always good to have on hand.

My father worked in a hospital for 20+ years and that's when I got in the habit of doing it.

Mans got video game inventory pockets

Mans got video game inventory pockets

my guy is a few green and red herbs away from creating the resident evil medical spray

1667014487828.jpeg

Here is my story, I work in NYC as an accountant and my salary is always in the low 100s, cant complain I have a good life. This isnt necessarily cheap but this is how I get by lol

During 2020 though I was out of work for a couple months, they were giving unemployment out at $1,100 a week and I was getting that amount. During that time period I applied for food stamps and got accepted. Because of that they paid my electric bill and my gas bill.

Also, I applied for this program to help with rent. They paid 3 months of old rent and 6 additional months.

My one advice to everyone is APPLY TO EVERYTHING, JUST APPLY. IM STILL GETTING FOOD STAMPS AND ON GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE AND IM MAKING GOOD MONEY.

I worked on a project about 10 years ago with the transit authority (MTA) and I have a contractor id card. For the past 3 years i have it in the window of my wallet and flash it to the bus driver and subway booth person and they let me on.

the only real bill I pay now is my phone bill.

There are loopholes in the system, take advantage of them guys.

also update, I dont even pay a phone bill. I took care of my iphone 12 pro max and even though it got a small crack took it to the apple sotre and got it replaced for $30. When I brought in my 12 to tmobile for an upgrade they gave me a $1,000 credit towards my bill and I now have a 14 pro max. I dont have to pay my phone bill for 6 months :D

Don't tip or $3-4 dollar tip max regardless of bill size.

the food industry is notoriously messed up and backwards towards servers and waiters. in many states, customer tip is used to compensate for the low wages (which is oftentimes below the fed min wage). i'm generally hella frugal but if service is on point, i'll provide appropriate tip.

but the worst is when you order from a to-go spot that uses square for payment. they'll swing that tablet around and have the audacity to ask me to leave a 20% tip for just handing me my order

the food industry is notoriously messed up and backwards towards servers and waiters. in many states, customer tip is used to compensate for the low wages (which is oftentimes below the fed min wage). i'm generally hella frugal but if service is on point, i'll provide appropriate tip.

but the worst is when you order from a to-go spot that uses square for payment. they'll swing that tablet around and have the audacity to ask me to leave a 20% tip for just handing me my order
The worst are online pick up orders that default to 20% with no option for zero. I intentionally choose custom and write 0 for those. I think they shoot themselves in the foot with that because during the height of the pandemic I may have tipped a small business for takeout.

but the worst is when you order from a to-go spot that uses square for payment. they'll swing that tablet around and have the audacity to ask me to leave a 20% tip for just handing me my ord
The worst are online pick up orders that default to 20% with no option for zero. I intentionally choose custom and write 0 for those. I think they shoot themselves in the foot with that because during the height of the pandemic I may have tipped a small business for takeout.

er

Back
Top Bottom