Chris Broussard unappreciation

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

bijald0331 wrote:

Newbs24 wrote:

Nobody has done a good job. It has been a cluster }÷» from the word go. Bucher is the worst tho. He and Joe Schad know zero when it comes to the hot topic.

This is what I'm getting at. Only reason Chris Broussard gets his own is because Knicks fans believe negative reports only indicate bias while positive reports are good journalism. Look through the Knicks thread. It's hilarious. They get upset by bad reports yet praise these same journalists when they report positively. Just ignore the media or take it seriously and everyone would be better off.
whats with all the Knicks hate from you?
Stop going into the KNICKS THREAD if you don't if you don't like it.
wink.gif

It's too funny for me to not read those pages. Like I said in that cliff, I respect their loyalty and how that thread is lively everyday. However, Some of their opinions are incredibly biased, like this thread.
Says the salty Bulls fan

Nice comeback bro. If you knew the facts, you'd know I don't think Bosh,Wade,LeBron, other big name was coming to the Bulls anyways. I try to be as realistic and objective as possible. I know, it's crazy.
Actually no...I am objective, it's not like I thought LeBron was coming here at the start of free agency, I actually thought the opposite.  As it became apparent though that the Knicks were entering as a front runner for the Knicks, ESPN as a whole was still trying to twist every Knick-related plot into a negative

And I'm opposed to every way that ESPN has gone about this thing but at the end of the day, if you don't think they went out of their way to downplay Knick chances, go ahead.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Yall can make fun of Broussard all u want, but he's been the first guy to break these stories.....
His "reporting" has been reckless at best. He's thrown so much misinformation around and flipped flopped so much that amid the confusion he's helped to create, he's managed to make himself a household name first and foremost. The integrity of his reporting has taken a back seat to everything else.  That's all this has been - an exercise in boosting his career and getting his name out there.

When all is said and done, people are going to go back and be like "See, Chris Broussard was the first to report it" while ignoring all the other inaccurate stuff he's spewed. Of course something he said is gong to end up being true when he's exhausted practically every possible outcome. 

Stephen A Smith is another one. He's just been trying to prevent his career from slipping any further.

^Out of their way? How about reining in out of this world NY expectations? People coming to Cavs-Knicks games with signs and jerseys already proclaiming this as a done deal. I don't understand how the Knicks chances didn't go down as time went on (before they signed Amare). More teams were in the fold than ever before? Again, wasn't the media the reason the Knicks were thought to have such good chances in the first place?

^Out of their way? How about reining in out of this world NY expectations? People coming to Cavs-Knicks games with signs and jerseys already proclaiming this as a done deal. I don't understand how the Knicks chances didn't go down as time went on (before they signed Amare). More teams were in the fold than ever before? Again, wasn't the media the reason the Knicks were thought to have such good chances in the first place?

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Yall can make fun of Broussard all u want, but he's been the first guy to break these stories.....
His "reporting" has been reckless at best. He's thrown so much misinformation around and flipped flopped so much that amid the confusion he's helped to create, he's managed to make himself a household name first and foremost. The integrity of his reporting has taken a back seat to everything else.  That's all this has been - an exercise in boosting his career and getting his name out there.

When all is said and done, people are going to go back and be like "See, Chris Broussard was the first to report it" while ignoring all the other inaccurate stuff he's spewed. Of course something he said is gong to end up being true when he's exhausted practically every possible outcome. 

Stephen A Smith is another one. He's just been trying to prevent his career from slipping any further.

Originally Posted by bonafide125

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Everytime I see him on the TV, I always think of this guy:

15x23o3.jpg

laugh.gif
me too
First he was saying it was DEFINATE that Chicago was getting Lebron, then the Cavs were getting Lebron AND Bosh, now that Bosh is in Miami with Wade , Lebron is joining them. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I change the channel everytime hes on

Originally Posted by bonafide125

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Everytime I see him on the TV, I always think of this guy:

15x23o3.jpg

laugh.gif
me too
First he was saying it was DEFINATE that Chicago was getting Lebron, then the Cavs were getting Lebron AND Bosh, now that Bosh is in Miami with Wade , Lebron is joining them. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I change the channel everytime hes on

Originally Posted by MaxElite

Just because those things didnt happen doesnt mean they werent close to happening.  You really dont get how things work.

It's called credibility.

FACT: Broussard reported that Phil Jackson had interest in coaching in Chicago. In response to this report,  Phil Jackson says flat out, he had no interest in coaching Chicago next year whatsover.
laugh.gif

When you report a story that has no merit, you lose credibility. As a journalist, that is all you have.

Don't try to belittle me when YOU don't understand how it works.

What else is Phil going to say?

"Oh yeah, would have loved to coach in Chicago, but I guess ill stay with Los Angeles"

roll.gif

I like to call em as I see em.
So you think Chris has NO sources at all?

You might call em as you see em but youre not seeing straight.

Originally Posted by MaxElite

Just because those things didnt happen doesnt mean they werent close to happening.  You really dont get how things work.

It's called credibility.

FACT: Broussard reported that Phil Jackson had interest in coaching in Chicago. In response to this report,  Phil Jackson says flat out, he had no interest in coaching Chicago next year whatsover.
laugh.gif

When you report a story that has no merit, you lose credibility. As a journalist, that is all you have.

Don't try to belittle me when YOU don't understand how it works.

What else is Phil going to say?

"Oh yeah, would have loved to coach in Chicago, but I guess ill stay with Los Angeles"

roll.gif

I like to call em as I see em.

While he's terrible with the info, it's ESPN's fault. They constantly have this guy on to report new info, when there probably isn't anything new. He's bound to start reporting less credible stories.

While he's terrible with the info, it's ESPN's fault. They constantly have this guy on to report new info, when there probably isn't anything new. He's bound to start reporting less credible stories.

Perhaps you missed this part I prefaced with:
I don't doubt some of these guys have sources and inside info.

You also missed the entire point of what I wrote after that. That he's just another puppet and it's basically not even his fault. But I guess I'm not seeing straight.

You can further analyze my "ESPN hating" all you want if that floats your boat
happy.gif
tongue.gif
but I'm merely one of dozens in here with the same feelings, and one of hundreds of thousands outside here.

Perhaps you missed this part I prefaced with:
I don't doubt some of these guys have sources and inside info.

You also missed the entire point of what I wrote after that. That he's just another puppet and it's basically not even his fault. But I guess I'm not seeing straight.

You can further analyze my "ESPN hating" all you want if that floats your boat
happy.gif
tongue.gif
but I'm merely one of dozens in here with the same feelings, and one of hundreds of thousands outside here.

Back
Top Bottom