Christmas 98'

great stuff thanks for sharing. I remember copping the XIVs on release day. I always thought those womens jordans were dope.

man I hate threads like this
frown.gif
so much heat and I couldn't get them back in the day, but wanted soooooooooooooooo bad. Those women jordan 13s are the onlywomen joints I would rock. I had the nike air operate uptempos though.

Also may I add, hype plus the quality lacking products, along with the blind young buyers of today, ruined this era.

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Originally Posted by 23thakid

Originally Posted by Pig Love

I love stuff like this.

Allow me to reminisce. That Christmas was crazy. I was 11 years old. I remember waking up, going intio the living room and sitting under the tree with my lil bro, waiting to open our gifts. When my mother woke up, the first thing my brother grabbed was a shoe box. He ripped the top portion of the wrapping paper and all I saw was a greyish box with a red Jumpman in the middle. He had gotten, u guessed it, the white and black Air Jordan XIV. At this point, I can't explain the amount of excitement I was experiencing because, just the year before, my father promised me a pair of XIIIs if I had gotten straight A's. Well, I did and still no Jays. So a year later it seemed I would finally get to have a pair of Jordans. So, I grab what looks like a shoebox and unwrap it... Bam! A box of Adidas, homie. And I don't mean shelltoes or Superstar IIs which were popular at the time. I'm talkin about the kind that only come in the Eastbay catalogs that strictly have items on sale. Now at this point, I'm very disappointed. I had slaved trying to get a perfect report card a year earlier for a pair of signatures and now my brother, who received all of my cousins' Jays when a new pair came out, had gotten Mike's latest. I just threw the box of Adidas and my mother, an unemployed single mother(my father had just went to Pelican Bay for 3 years) beat me like I stole something. I somewhat got over it and we hit my Grandmother's house who stayed in Watts(we lived in Compton at the time). I remember all my cousins being over there showing my brother attention like "dang, u got the new Jordans." He was the only one with them, and asking me why I have Adidas, lol.... Fast forward ten years: I will be getting 2 of the XII/XI CDP which includes my 2nd favorite Air Jordan sneaker of all time( Taxi XII) and have roughly 26 pair of signatures in my arsenal... Thanks for your time Nike Talk and have a Merry Christmas

I would have been SO TIGHT if I was you. Great Christmas huh?
Yeah, man. It's amazing how sneakers had such an effect on a kid. But great memories

All I got for Christmas that year was a Super NES, clothes, a bike, and a Yomega "Firestorm"
tired.gif

Lol, I think I may still have that issue somewhere. Even though they were in the catalog for $89.99, I'm pretty sure they did not have a full-stock-run, ifany (White/reds were gone for sure). Even back in '98, Eastbay/Footlocker/Footaction had the same inventory problems that they have today.

old school, I remember that catalog taking it to school they next day. That was my Senior yr in HS. Memories!!!

Wow........... Heat after heat after heat. I remember those days Eastbay days. I wish I had the money that I have now back then to stay stacked with heat.

Great post man. Wish there were more like these. I remember standin around in middle school tryin to see all those shoes good times.

Why Nike dnt bring heat back!!! we're stuck with all these futuristic lookin shoes now days!!!

Why Nike dnt bring heat back!!! we're stuck with all these futuristic lookin shoes now days!!!

dang Playoff XIII's the He got game XIII's White/Red XII's fire im stilling looking for a pair of em all today

Back
Top Bottom