Church of satan and the music industry

Originally Posted by AceMaster193

The problem is that people struggle with this idea and the enigma of whether God/devil exists just because there is no tangible proof. I'm sure if the devil were to exist many will repent and look to do good and change in order to live in a more harmonious world. I'm sure an all out war between good and evil will break out, kind of like what we've seen and is slowly on the rise.
Nope.
You can't have a perfect world. Not in this reality you can't, with good comes the bad. One side can't outweight the other, that's asking for chaos. If you wanna believe in that cool, but just know that's straight out of a fairy tale.

Elaborate. What exactly are you talking about? Slowly on the rise?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

As much as you all try to ignore it, sports is just as much of a distraction as music is. I think music is the ultimate influence, but the amount of Sports we watch does give us a lot of idle time. I wish I could break free.

You aint lyin.

Originally Posted by Tr1ll

There's a difference between thinking for yourself, and thinking for yourself because someone told you to, which isn't thinking for yourself at all.

In that case most of us don't think for ourselves at all. 
My point is, Satanism is symbol for rebellion. It's seems like you're trying to reconcile between the fact that religion inherently promotes restriction of free expression and the fact that you hate Satan (probably because somebody told you to).

I meant more peaceful, not necessarily a Utopia, that's impossible. I do believe more wars will break out. Not getting into that, pure speculation.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by HankMoody

If it were true, wouldn't your post saying that his way of thinking is exactly what they want, leading to a response that it isn't what they want, be exactly what they want? And then wouldn't my post poking holes in your post be exactly what they want? Because then we aren't really talking or learning about anything and that's exactly what a person in power wants.

You had something going until, right there. Thats when you started trying to seem clever.

My point is, (and I know you heard this billions of times) the greatest deception the devil ever pulled was making people think he doesn't exists.
Say the devil exists, now what? What do we need to do to change a lot of the evils that have plagued mankind (dare I say way before the Judeochristian devil existed) but I digress. Say the devil exists what do we do? Mass exorcisms?

It is funny that you keep talking about solutions and solving evils when the man you named yourself after propagated the views that are at the root of all these problems.  The greed and selfishness that drives the lower emotions and instincts of man.  How responsible was your boy with sex?  Did he pledge his service to the less fortunate?

The whole lucifer is light and satan really just means enemy is cute actually.  He actually loves me right?  Just like jesus.  He wants me to reach my full potential.  He brings man the full knowledge of good and evil and we are better for it right?   

Perhaps.  But I am pretty sure you have no clue what you are dealing with.  The whole lucifer-lightbearer-illuminati spiel is quite interesting though.

AntonLaVey wrote:

My point is, Satanism is symbol for rebellion. It's seems like you're trying to reconcile between the fact that religion inherently promotes restriction of free expression and the fact that you hate Satan (probably because somebody told you to).

laugh.gif

No its not.

Its just an opposite polarity of mainstream religion but it has all the same tenets. Its just not as popular, prevalent or centralized.

Its just Yang to Christianity's/Catholicism's Yin. Its Black to Christianity's White. Its about harnessing the lower self as opposed to the Upper Self.

Nothing rebellious about it. Just a different side to the same coin that has been around forever.   

Originally Posted by DJMano34

ya'll can argue this and that.

you are playing your part, they are theirs.

you are serving your purpose.

Vague comments that suggests the possession of esoteric knowledge-CHECK!!!
No solutions offered-CHECK!!!
The solution is you. 
The solution cannot be said as you will not understand. 

The solution must be experienced and realized.

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

laugh.gif

No its not.

Its just an opposite polarity of mainstream religion but it has all the same tenets. Its just not as popular, prevalent or centralized.

Its just Yang to Christianity's/Catholicism's Yin. Its Black to Christianity's White. Its about harnessing the lower self as opposed to the Upper Self.

Nothing rebellious about it. Just a different side to the same coin that has been around forever.   

Ok according to some people's interpretations it IS a symbol of rebellion. Some may argue that what the devil's intentions are aren't clear cut and morality isn't as black and white as it is portrayed in the bible. 
Some like myself also use Satanism as a symbol for the Ancients, and dead Gods who are today considered pagan. Satanism is everything that defies and questions the Judeochristian faith, It's funny how conspiracy theorists in their paranoia ever wonder whether God himself IS Satan. 

Anyhow that's me playing devil's advocate (lulz), but I fail to see how this has any bearing on anyone being a decent human being. It isn't rocket science, religious people choose to trivialize it.

There's a difference between thinking for yourself, and thinking for yourself because someone told you to, which isn't thinking for yourself at all.

You're just now realizing this?

Where are you getting this from??? When was the last time you went to a church?? Getting back to the music, most Pastors I've encountered say its cool to listen to whatever saying whatever, just don't live by it.

When did I say I hate Satan?? Oh, because I'm a christian, I hate Satan, right? Quite frankly, I don't hate him, I don't love him(since there's only hot and cold with you), hes a non factor around here, homie, he's not a part of my life. How can I hate something I don't even mess with?

Your screen name makes it obvious you probably never gave religion a chance and is getting you're teenage rebellion on. Hey, do you. Good luck with that.

ya'll can argue this and that.

you are playing your part, they are theirs.

you are serving your purpose.

Vague comments that suggests the possession of esoteric knowledge-CHECK!!!
No solutions offered-CHECK!!!
The solution is you. 
The solution cannot be said as you will not understand. 

The solution must be experienced and realized.
Ah how could I not have seen this before, Gotcha.
wink.gif

Anton, serious question. Why did you name yourself that? I always wanted to know. No sarcasm please

You're just now realizing this?

Where are you getting this from??? When was the last time you went to a church?? Getting back to the music, most Pastors I've encountered say its cool to listen to whatever saying whatever, just don't live by it.

When did I say I hate Satan?? Oh, because I'm a christian, I hate Satan, right? Quite frankly, I don't hate him, I don't love him(since there's only hot and cold with you), hes a non factor around here, homie, he's not a part of my life. How can I hate something I don't even mess with?

Your screen name makes it obvious you probably never gave religion a chance and is getting you're teenage rebellion on. Hey, do you. Good luck with that.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

My screenname obviously makes you very very angry and disturbed, yet you're trying to deny it. Never gave religion a chance? Really?
laugh.gif
 Most agnostics, atheists and Satanists are former religious people. I was indoctrinated into the Catholic faith and various other Christian sects but yea whatever you say.

Still don't know what any of this has to do with being a good person. Or your good deeds don't count if you identify with Satan more than an immoral God? 

What if I told you I worship the Gods of Ancient Egypt and Ibo-land? Would that make a difference? Because many people consider that the same as Satanism....figures

You like to assume stuff, dont you?

And you don't? You looked at my SN and made assumptions as well....don't lie.
"Your screen name makes it obvious you never gave religion a chance"

That sounds like an assumption to me.

Ok according to some people's interpretations it IS a symbol of rebellion. Some may argue that what the devil's intentions are aren't clear cut and morality isn't as black and white as it is portrayed in the bible. 
Some like myself also use Satanism as a symbol for the Ancients, and dead Gods who are today considered pagan. Satanism is everything that defies and questions the Judeochristian faith, It's funny how conspiracy theorists in their paranoia ever wonder whether God himself IS Satan. 

Anyhow that's me playing devil's advocate (lulz), but I fail to see how this has any bearing on anyone being a decent human being. It isn't rocket science, religious people choose to trivialize it.

You should really study more about religion and spirituality bro.
Cause you're currently cutting off your nose to spite your face. You're not paying homage to Ancient Gods by buying into satanism, you're actually diving head first into the Christian mythos and strengthening its ideological apparatus. 

"Pagan" societies essentially worshiped nature...satanism is simply the uplifting of destructive forces (necessary for creation) but molded by a judeochristian template.

Anton, serious question. Why did you name yourself that? I always wanted to know. No sarcasm please

No one would ever ask me this if my name was "Jesuswalkskanye85". 
The SN was meant to be satirical and evolved into a social experiment. Honestly, people take my SN more seriously than I do. OMG OMG OMG Anton LaVey, he's gonna enslave my children, rape my women and make me convert to his religion omg.

Sry I cant help it with the sarcasm but you get the point....I think?

What if I told you I worship the Gods of Ancient Egypt and Ibo-land? Would that make a difference? Because many people consider that the same as Satanism....figures

laugh.gif

Through Satanism?...come on fam.

There was no satan in ancient Ife, Oyo, Benin, Hausa, Fulani or Kemetian Empires.

Their concepts of deities and spirituality were totally different from modern Western religious understanding. 

If you want to do something, do it right.

You should really study more about religion and spirituality bro.
Cause you're currently cutting off your nose to spite your face. You're not paying homage to Ancient Gods by buying into satanism, you're actually diving head first into the Christian mythos and strengthening its ideological apparatus. 

"Pagan" societies essentially worshiped nature...satanism is simply the uplifting of destructive forces (necessary for creation) but molded by a judeochristian template.

That is according to your interpretation, because you view Satanism in a negative light. I am paying homage to Ancient Gods by rejecting Judeochristianity.
[h3]Temple of Set[/h3]
Main article: Temple of Set

The Temple of Set is an initiatory occult society claiming to be the world's leading left-hand path religious organization. It was established in 1975 by Michael A. Aquino and certain members of the priesthood of the Church of Satan,[sup][37][/sup] who left because of administrative and philosophical disagreements. ToS deliberately self-differentiates from CoS in several ways, most significantly in theology and sociology.[sup][38][/sup] The philosophy of the Temple of Set may be summed up as "enlightened individualism" — enhancement and improvement of oneself by personal education, experiment and initiation. This process is necessarily different and distinctive for each individual. The members do not all have the same view on whether Set is "real" or not, and they're not expected to.[sup][38][/sup]

Setianism, in theory, is similar to theistic Satanism. The principle deity of Setianism is the ancient Egyptian god Set, or Seth, the god of adversary. Set supposedly is the Dark Lordbehind the Hebrew entity Satan. Set, as the first principle of consciousness, is emulated by Setians, who symbolize the concept of individual, subjective intelligence distinct from the natural order as the "Black Flame". (Some people who are not members of the Temple of Set find spiritual inspiration in the Egyptian god Set, and may share some beliefs with the organization. The belief system in general is referred to as Setianism.)

Members of the Temple of Set are mostly male, between the ages of twenty and fifty.[sup][38][/sup]

A lot of Satanism draws inspiration from pagan and dead religions. According to the Judeochristian faith having any of these Gods is indeed considered Satanic and evil. It is one of the lord's commandments that you shall have no other Gods before him.

laugh.gif

Through Satanism?...come on fam.

There was no satan in ancient Ife, Oyo, Benin, Hausa, Fulani or Kemetian Empires.

Their concepts of deities and spirituality were totally different from modern Western religious understanding. 

If you want to do something, do it right.

I don't believe in Satan in a literal sense, and I agree with everything you just said.
I'm looking at it from the perspective of the Judeochristian faith, not the from the perspective of African religions. According to Judeochristianity, and Africans themselves who have been converted to Christianity their Ancient religions are the work of Satan. They have been taught to associate their native religions with the devil, and witchcraft and "Satan". I thought this was common knowledge but this is definitely the impression I have gotten from believers over the years---especially growing up in an African household. 

Silly, if any of this was true, wouldn't your way of thinking be exactly what they want???

Just throwing that out there....
this is a question for anyone
Who is/are "they"??

i even use the term when im talking with people.

we always say "Oh thats what they want you to do"

or "they are the ones in control"

can anyone answer this?

[h3]Origin of the Pentagram and related hypocrisies[/h3]
The Pentagram or pentacle is thought by some occultists to trace its esoteric significance to an astronomical observance of the pattern of Venus' conjunctions with the Sun.
The pentagram (pentacle or pentalpha) is arrived at by plotting the recurrence of Venus' westward elongation from the Sun, over five consecutive synodic periods, which in time will create the points of a pentagram. This period is approximately 584 days long, each period determining a different point of the observed pentagram, taking approximately eight years, five days to complete the figure. One would get a pentagram by picking any sunrise date on which the morning star is prominent and then repeating the observation at 584 day intervals following that date.
Keep in mind though that there is a 0.0789 day slippage every 584 days, totaling a one day slippage each 12.67 synodic periods. This means that the pentagram figure is slowly revolving within an oval in a clockwise direction, alternating either one or two points ascendant roughly every 160 years. There is no observation point on Earth that would present a regular pentagram. Moving further north elongates the figure while on the equator the figure is an irregular pentagon.
The use of the pentagram dates back to Uruk IV circa 3500 BCE in ancient Mesopotamia where the general interpretation appears to be "heavenly body." By the cuneiform period circa 2600 BCE the pentagram or symbol "UB" means "region," "heavenly quarter" or "direction".
Venus is equated with the Sumarian goddess, Ishtar (Inanna) whose symbol is an eight or sixteen point star.
In association with the Hebrews, the five point symbol was ascribed to Truth and to the five books of the Pentateuch.
In Ancient Greece, it was called the Pentalpha.
Pythagorians considered it an emblem of perfection or the symbol of the human being. The Pythagoreans used it as a sign of recognition and they called the Pentagram "Hugieia" which is usually translated "Health," but can also translate as "Soundness or Wholeness", and in a more general way, any "Divine Blessing". Hugieia (Hygeia) is the Greek Goddess of Health, who is called Salus by the ancient Romans.
The pentagram was also associated with the golden ratio (which it includes), and the dodecahedron, the fifth Platonic solid, which has twelve pentagonal faces and was considered by Plato to be a symbol of the heavens.
The Pentagram has been found everywhere from Egyptian statues to Gaulish coins. In fact, the Greeks, Aryans, and Etruscans (circa 400 BCE) shared a coin bearing a pentagram and the characters "PENSU" (Etruscan for five).
It is noted that the texts of Solomon from the Mediaeval period gave great importance to the pentagram, under the name "Solomon’s Seal."
It is documented that the first English mention of a pentagram appears In the legend of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, Stanzas 27-28 (1380 CE) where Gawain, who is traditionally the Celtic sun-hero, carries a shield " shining gules, With the Pentagle in pure gold depicted thereon.

"It is a symbol which Solomon conceived once
To betoken holy truth, by its intrinsic right,
For it is a figure which has five points,
And each line overlaps and is locked with another;
And it is endless everywhere, and the English call it,
In all the land, I hear, the Endless Knot."

And yet with the exception of Eliphas Levi who was associated with Catholicism, the Pentagram has never had any established definition or translation in regards to evil or any other negative connotation.
It was Eliphas Lévi who made the claim, with no justification or established historical precedent, that the pentagram with one point upward represents the good principle and one downward, the principals of evil. Eliphas Levi had trained for the Roman Catholic priesthood and was a prolific writer on FreeMasonry magical associations. And as such his motives are somewhat questionable.
In fact the five-pointed star is also defined as a symbol of Christ, "the bright and morning star": and, inverted, one point down, it represents the descent of Christ, which represents his Incarnation. Lo and behold, there is a huge inverted five-pointed star on the steeple of the "Marktkirche", or Market Church in fourteenth century Hanover, Germany and there are the numerous inverted stars that surround a statue of Mary and the Christ Child in Chartres Cathedral circa 1150 C.E.
The early Christians attributed the pentagram to the Five Stigmata of Christ and/or the doctrine of the Trinity plus that of the two natures of Christ.
It can also be seen on gravestones in the Claustro da Lavagem in the Convento at Tomar, Portugal, the monastery of Ravna, Bulgaria and the Church of All Saints at Kilham, Humberside, Yorkshire, England, which incorporates the symbol on the columns which support the Norman doorway. It is indented on the gateposts of the churchyard of S. Peter’s, Walworth, England, built in 1824 CE.
And yet in spite of thousands of years of the Pentagram being seen as a symbol of health and many other positive aspects, the Pentagram is now held forth by a few so called organized religions as being a symbol of a dark foreboding and evil.
It is one thing to establish a religion/spiritual path which is often a mishmash of beliefs from other religious belief systems. But for such religions who were formed after the fact to engage in such blatant distortions doesn't do much to contribute to the understanding and acceptance that these same religions claim as tenets of their own beliefs. Until the members of such religions find the will and Inner strength to empower the truth, there will always be such institutional hypocrisies.
And as such these misnomers will continue to belie and disrupt any real effort at understanding and good will towards others...

According to Judeochristianity, and Africans themselves who have been converted to Christianity their Ancient religions are the work of Satan. They have been taught to associate their native religions with the devil, and witchcraft and "Satan". I thought this was common knowledge but this is definitely the impression I have gotten from believers over the years---especially growing up in an African household. 
Can you speak a little more on this please?

So the Satan/Lucifer that we refer to here in the West isn't the same as you are speaking of? Does the Satan you speak of refer more to the go in a sense? I might be way off here so hold my hand. (Paws)

According to Judeochristianity, and Africans themselves who have been converted to Christianity their Ancient religions are the work of Satan. They have been taught to associate their native religions with the devil, and witchcraft and "Satan". I thought this was common knowledge but this is definitely the impression I have gotten from believers over the years---especially growing up in an African household. 
Can you speak a little more on this please?

So the Satan/Lucifer that we refer to here in the West isn't the same as you are speaking of? Does the Satan you speak of refer more to the go in a sense? I might be way off here so hold my hand. (Paws)

No, it isn't. Christianity, especially the Catholic church associates the Gods of the Natives and the Ancients as "Satanic". It doesn't mean I believe Ancient Gods had anything to do with Satan, I was simply commenting to the fact that other religions have come to be associated with the devil by Christians.
Satanism is an umbrella term for all things "not Christian". Sorry for the confusion, I didn't literally mean Osun, Ra or Osiris are literally the Satan from the christian bible. I don't even believe the Satan from the bible exists....well until further notice.

So the concept of "Selling your soul to the devil" means what to you. The ideas that certain entertainers have to sell their soul to reach the $500 Million Club, do you believe in that? And if so, what exactly are they selling and to whom. And how is it done.

Back
Top Bottom