Church of satan and the music industry

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

So the concept of "Selling your soul to the devil" means what to you. The ideas that certain entertainers have to sell their soul to reach the $500 Million Club, do you believe in that? And if so, what exactly are they selling and to whom. And how is it done.

I dunno man, you tell me....I don't really dabble in the occult and I'm not sure that I believe you can literally sell your soul to the devil for wealth in return. Great men with wealth and fortune have existed way before the "devil" was an idea we could place all blame of societies ills on.
Many people perform witchcraft and rituals for wealth and fortune which can be seen as messing with the devil. But how is that any different from sacrificing sheep and praying to God for good fortune?

laugh.gif

Total hogwash bro.

You sound like a Jehovah's witness right now and its hilariously ironic that you can't see that you are actually trumpeting another warped Judeochrisitan interpretation of reality.

It says it right there in the excerpt that you posted....Satan was allegedly a Hebrew interpolation of Set. So off the bat you are subscribing to a misconstrued Judaic paradigm. 

Set =/= satan. Its like someone examining a lion and then classifying it biologically as a Canid, specifically a Vulpini Canid (related to foxes as opposed to wolves)...then someone realizes that its a wrong classification, so they then classify it as a Canini Canid (related to wolves)...at the end of the day the revision is as off base as the original thesis because a lion is a member of the Panthera family..an entirely different beast.

That what satanism is like, it seeks to paint satan in a better light but the whole understanding of satan is totally off base in the first place.

Set was a representation of chaos and aggressive power embodied in things like like volcanoes, sandstorms and reflex reactions. It wasn't a person or a god it was a ntjr, a force of nature. Being that it was a natural universal force it was deemed as necessary and inevitable, hence the Pharonic name of Seti. 

Set was an archetype formed through human "scientific" observation and used to better understand the world. It was a function in a spiritual code that helped serve the ancients desires for personal and cultural progression, worked pretty well as you can see by the great feats of that civilization.

Satanism is simply the flip side of Christianity. You're not worshipping Set, you're not even thinking on the same ideological plane.   

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Many people perform witchcraft and rituals for wealth and fortune which can be seen as messing with the devil. But how is that any different from sacrificing sheep and praying to God for good fortune?
When you say perform witchcraft and rituals for wealth and fortune, why exactly does someone view that as something worth forcing someone else to do to "allow" them to become rich. I guess my question here is why make them do that?

Have you personally seen/dabbled in the world of witchcraft? Tell me some stories.

i think the concept of selling your soul to the devil is basically doing whatever it takes to get money/material wealth.

for example if you decide to move your factory to indonesia so you have a greater profit margin that would count as selling your soul to the devil cuz you dont give a *$%& what happens to others as long as you get your green. even if it means ruining other peoples lives

Yeah because the people trying to create a one world government would use grown %%# men who refer to themselves as Tity Boi and Gucci Mane.

When you say perform witchcraft and rituals for wealth and fortune, why exactly does someone view that as something worth forcing someone else to do to "allow" them to become rich. I guess my question here is why make them do that?

Have you personally seen/dabbled in the world of witchcraft? Tell me some stories.
LOL cause witchcraft, religion, the supernatural and the occult isn't supposed to make sense. And like I said I have not dabbled in witchcraft, except this one time I was running through the woods aimlessly holding an upside-down cross hoping something would happen. Nothing happened, I guess I was doing it wrong.
Why does God need sheep, for him to bless you with good fortune? Why do we need to give to him in order to receive? Same question can be asked about the need for rituals...I don't have the answer to that.
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

laugh.gif

Total hogwash bro.

You sound like a Jehovah's witness right now and its hilariously ironic that you can't see that you are actually trumpeting another warped Judeochrisitan interpretation of reality.

It says it right there in the excerpt that you posted....Satan was allegedly a Hebrew interpolation of Set. So off the bat you are subscribing to a misconstrued Judaic paradigm. 

Set =/= satan. Its like someone examining a lion and then classifying it biologically as a Canid, specifically a Vulpini Canid (related to foxes as opposed to wolves)...then someone realizes that its a wrong classification, so they then classify it as a Canini Canid (related to wolves)...at the end of the day the revision is as off base as the original thesis because a lion is a member of the Panthera family..an entirely different beast.

That what satanism is like, it seeks to paint satan in a better light but the whole understanding of satan is totally off base in the first place.

Set was a representation of chaos and aggressive power embodied in things like like volcanoes, sandstorms and reflex reactions. It wasn't a person or a god it was a ntjr, a force of nature. Being that it was a natural universal force it was deemed as necessary and inevitable, hence the Pharonic name of Seti. 

Set was an archetype formed through human "scientific" observation and used to better understand the world. It was a function in a spiritual code that helped serve the ancients desires for personal and cultural progression, worked pretty well as you can see by the great feats of that civilization.

Satanism is simply the flip side of Christianity. You're not worshipping Set, you're not even thinking on the same ideological plane.   

Christians would consider worshipping any of these Gods the same as worshipping the devil. Many Christians consider paganism synonymous with Satanism. I don't believe it in a literal sense but I am willing to accept Satanism as an umbrella term for all thing "not christian". A lot of symbol for Satan are adopted from ancient religions.

And what's wrong with seeing Satan in a better light?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I don't believe in Satan in a literal sense, and I agree with everything you just said.
I'm looking at it from the perspective of the Judeochristian faith, not the from the perspective of African religions. According to Judeochristianity, and Africans themselves who have been converted to Christianity their Ancient religions are the work of Satan. They have been taught to associate their native religions with the devil, and witchcraft and "Satan". I thought this was common knowledge but this is definitely the impression I have gotten from believers over the years---especially growing up in an African household. 

I get what you are trying to accomplish....but you're not challenging the assumption that non-Judeochristian forms of spirituality are satanic by buying into satanism....As satanism and satan itself is a judeochristian concept. 
You are actually strengthening the paradigm that you despise through oppositionalism.

Its like trying to make a statement about the injustice of the criminal justice system by constantly committing petty crime...in actuality you are only justifying their existence and strengthening their apparatus.  

I don't believe in Satan in a literal sense, and I agree with everything you just said.
I'm looking at it from the perspective of the Judeochristian faith, not the from the perspective of African religions. According to Judeochristianity, and Africans themselves who have been converted to Christianity their Ancient religions are the work of Satan. They have been taught to associate their native religions with the devil, and witchcraft and "Satan". I thought this was common knowledge but this is definitely the impression I have gotten from believers over the years---especially growing up in an African household. 
I get what you are trying to accomplish....but you're not challenging the assumption that non-Judeochristian forms of spirituality are satanic by buying into satanism....As satanism and satan itself is a judeochristian concept. 
You are actually strengthening the paradigm that you despise through oppositionalism.

Its like trying to make a statement about the injustice of the criminal justice system by constantly committing petty crime...in actuality you are only justifying their existence and strengthening their apparatus.  

What? You still haven't told me what's wrong with viewing Satan in a positive light. Everyone has their own interpretations of our spiritual and supernatural world, how are mine any less valid? 
Buying into Satanism is a strong word. I have no rituals. I don't go to a place of worship dedicated to Satan, I simply view the symbol of Satan as more positive than the God in the Judeochristian bible. 

And like I said I have not dabbled in witchcraft, except this one time I was running through the woods aimlessly holding an upside-down cross hoping something would happen. Nothing happened, I guess I was doing it wrong.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Can I get a backstory on this. How old were you and what the hell were you thinking

AntonLaVey wrote:

Christians would consider worshipping any of these Gods the same as worshipping the devil. Many Christians consider paganism synonymous with Satanism. I don't believe it in a literal sense but I am willing to accept Satanism as an umbrella term for all thing "not christian". A lot of symbol for Satan are adopted from ancient religions.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

It doesn't matter what Christians think, man.
You're still basing your personal beliefs and practices off of the "enemy's" ideology...you already lost before you got out of the gates.

Its like trying to make a statement that Ancient Greek mythology is false by worshipping Hades and calling him a nice freethinking guy 
laugh.gif
. You're still buying into the ancient greco mythos, thereby strengthening and expanding it through a different branch of interpretation. 

Originally Posted by odog24

i never meant jays music was devil music.
i think people just need to become more aware and not listen music that focuses on drugs and sex makes because it makes people lose focus on whats important in life

What is important in life? That's such a blanket statement that can be misconstrued in so many ways.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

It doesn't matter what Christians think, man.
You're still basing your personal beliefs and practices off of the "enemy's" ideology...you already lost before you got out of the gates.

Its like trying to make a statement that Ancient Greek mythology is false by worshipping Hades and calling him a nice freethinking guy 
laugh.gif
. You're still buying into the ancient greco mythos, thereby strengthening and expanding it through a different branch of interpretation. 

People stay attacking my "religion", smh
30t6p3b.gif

I associate Satan with good, Christians associate other religions as evil and Satanic. I identify more with Ancient religions that preceded Christianity, therefore I identify more with "Satan" as a symbol for everything anti-christian which includes the pagan and Ancient religions. Set might as well be Satan.

What? You still haven't told me what's wrong with viewing Satan in a positive light. Everyone has their own interpretations of our spiritual and supernatural world, how are mine any less valid? 
Buying into Satanism is a strong word. I have no rituals. I don't go to a place of worship dedicated to Satan, I simply view the symbol of Satan as more positive than the God in the Judeochristian bible. 
I never said anything was wrong with viewing satan in a positive light or that my views are more valid than yours...
What i'm saying is that you are still buying into the bible and judeochristianity, when you claim to be against it.

You can look at the Matrix movie and rationalize that Agent Smith is a good guy and he's actually more positive than Neo...that's on you. You can shape your reality any way that you please, we have freedom of Thoth...but at the end of the day, you're still buying into and strengthening the Matrix mythos...just putting your own irrational spin on it.

I associate Satan with good, Christians associate other religions as evil and Satanic. I identify more with Ancient religions that preceded Christianity, therefore I identify more with "Satan" as a symbol for everything anti-christian which includes the pagan and Ancient religions. Set might as well be Satan.

How can you "identify more with ancient religions that preceded Christianity" by embracing a Christian tenet? 
If you identify more with the ancient/alternative ideologies then study and embrace those concepts, thats how you defy Christianity and validate the alternatives. 

How can you "identify more with ancient religions that preceded Christianity" by embracing a Christian tenet? 
If you identify more with the ancient/alternative ideologies then study and embrace those concepts, thats how you defy Christianity and validate the alternatives. 

Not in a literal sense, your point of view/ reading comprehension skills are lacking today. You know exactly what I'm tryna say yet you keep bringing up this idea that I supposedly believe Satan to be real. For me to literally believe in Satan I would have to believe in Christianity.
I have adopted the symbol of Satan as a symbol for many things I have deemed positive in the same way Christians have used it to shun other religions. How is this a difficult concept for you to comprehend?

I identify with biology more than math but instead of becoming a biologist, I'm going to become a mathematician and claim that 1 + 1 = 3.

That'll show em.

I identify with biology more than math but instead of becoming a biologist, I'm going to become a mathematician and claim that 1 + 1 = 3.

That'll show em.

Terrible analogy, I believe in math and biology. Many mathematical principles govern biological principles. Good try tho, but I think you still understand exactly what I'm saying...no one is that stupid. You're clearly just mad that anyone would ever attempt to use Satan as a symbol for "good".

And like I said I have not dabbled in witchcraft, except this one time I was running through the woods aimlessly holding an upside-down cross hoping something would happen. Nothing happened, I guess I was doing it wrong.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Can I get a backstory on this. How old were you and what the hell were you thinking
�Bad joke, I was poking fun at wiccan/pagan inspired Black metal vids.�

Not in a literal sense, your point of view/ reading comprehension skills are lacking today. You know exactly what I'm tryna say yet you keep bringing up this idea that I supposedly believe Satan to be real. For me to literally believe in Satan I would have to believe in Christianity.
I have adopted the symbol of Satan as a symbol for many things I have deemed positive in the same way Christians have used it to shun other religions. How is this a difficult concept for you to comprehend?

You just said it yourself...you are adopting a Christian symbol, meaning you are buying into their ideology. How hard is that to understand?
You claim to identify with other systems of thought, which have their own symbols and concepts, yet you're still running back to Christianity to use Christian their symbols and concepts.

Isn't it ironic...don't ya think?

You just said it yourself...you are adopting a Christian symbol, meaning you are buying into their ideology. How hard is that to understand?
You claim to identify with other systems of thought, which have their own symbols and concepts, yet you're still running back to Christianity to use Christian their symbols and concepts.

Isn't it ironic...don't ya think?

I'm not buying into their ideology, if I define what it means for myself...how hard is that to understand. You're acting like many Judeochristian symbols and stories aren't archetypes of old folk tales and religions.
It would be ironic if I thought Satan was bad and the cause of all of the world's troubles, and it would be ironic if I actually believed in Satan as something that exists. You're using the word irony wrong. Because that would simply make me a Christian, who worships Satan as an actual being (Theistic Satanism). Theistic Satanism makes no sense to me.

Many Christian symbols for Satan, devils and demons (eg Baphomet) were adopted from Ancient religious and pagan symbols.

Back
Top Bottom