Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thats a reach. Thug isnt defined by color.
It is a word that triggers people looking to expose racist white people.
Young thug, thuggish ruggish bone, slim thug....baby cuz imma thug...... Thug life.
I dont think its another color defining racist name ,re claimed as a term of endearment , that should now be banned from white people.
Thats pretty ridiculous.
Someone uses the n word or they dont, a thug is a criminal.
The nfl has hella gun and domestic violence criminals compared to other sports, so you will def hear the "t" word more there.
Why? Giant men + egos + loose women + steroids + party drugs = someones callin the cops for sure.
I think it should be every persons right to call miko grimes a thug
indifferent.gif
mean.gif

Dudes stay exposing themselves 
laugh.gif

Expose yourself

The word thug" a member of a religious organization of robbers and assassins in India. Devotees of the goddess Kali, the Thugs waylaid and strangled their victims, usually travelers, in a ritually prescribed manner. They were suppressed by the British in the 1830s."

what was funny is that they said folks were yelling at Kap to stand up while the national anthem was playing...

Expose yourself

The word thug" a member of a religious organization of robbers and assassins in India. Devotees of the goddess Kali, the Thugs waylaid and strangled their victims, usually travelers, in a ritually prescribed manner. They were suppressed by the British in the 1830s."

Yeah because that's what Bill O'Reilly means when he uses that word :stoneface:

Expose yourself

Yes this is what they mean when they call people like Richard Sherman and Colin Kaepernick thugs.

They mean Indian thieves.

So we ignoring college educated men with no criminal history being called thugs today
No but you cant say that any sideline in the nfl has anywhere near a clean rap sheet either.

"Some of them could be called thugs so it's not a reach to call the others thugs with no evidence to support my idiocy"

This sounds like...... Wait for it.

Stereotyping!

Last edited:
Is there a such thing as a 53 man roster of employees with all squeaky clean records?

Surely I can dig up dirt on of the 50 guys I work with at my office

Yeah because that's what Bill O'Reilly means when he uses that word :stoneface:
That is the historical context of the word.
What I am arguing is that we can't go banning established english words because people see it as a replacement for another word.
Its a cycle that wont end.
Bill OReilly is using it to trigger both blacks and whites.

Yes this is what they mean when they call people like Richard Sherman and Colin Kaepernick thugs.

"Some of them could be called thugs so it's not a reach to call the others thugs with no evidence to support my idiocy"

Stereotyping!

White people stereotyped every page of this thread

Stereotyped for holding prejudiced views

Its not about different views its about denigrating what kaeps standing for

Last edited:
That is the historical context of the word.
What I am arguing is that we can't go banning established english words because people see it as a replacement for another word.
Its a cycle that wont end.
Bill OReilly is using it to trigger both blacks and whites.

Who said anything about banning the word?

The fact is that it's used as a dog whistle to convey a sentiment without using language that is considered more harsh

... Did your mans really just try to insinuate that the modern day use of the word thug when directed at a team largely comprised of black males is nothing more than comparing them to robbers and assassins in India?

Stereotyping!

White people stereotyped every page of this thread

Even if this was true, what harm is it doing to white people? :nerd:

White stereotypes don't affect laws or systemic treatment as far as I know :nerd:

Let's go back to the original point, do you think it's cool to call college educated men with no criminal background thugs? Why is that the word used? You used historical context, why are people calling these black men thieves and murderers?

... Did your mans really just try to insinuate that the modern day use of the word thug when directed at a team largely comprised of black males is nothing more than comparing them to robbers and assassins in India?
No it was to show historically the word was not created with black people in mind... so it cant be the "new n word".
Thats all
Gone now peace

No it was to show historically the word was not created with black people in mind... so it cant be the "new n word".
Thats all
Gone now peace

Historically _____ meant a bundle of sticks.

Things change. Context changes

Thats all
Gone now peace

Wrong again. Words and labels have been skewed to fit whatever is deemed appropriate for this white hegemony. Just looking at how the U.S. categorized "White" when concerning Chinese/Japanese/European folk in the 20th century. Ian Haney López's book, White By Law: The Legal Construction of Race, demonstrates this clearly.

Even if this was true, what harm is it doing to white people? :nerd:

White stereotypes don't affect laws or systemic treatment as far as I know :nerd:

Let's go back to the original point, do you think it's cool to call college educated men with no criminal background thugs? Why is that the word used? You used historical context, why are people calling these black men thieves and murderers?

Im sorry bro... i already typed too much.

Back
Top Bottom