Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
I find it baffling time and time again that people try to pass off their tertiary observation as fact without understanding the well documented/studied history of the systems that continually try and fight back the progression of communities of color. Treat it like a hard science, if you went into a thread claiming the world is flat you'd get burned with no remorse. People come spewing in this thread with some backwards proclamation and then get hurt when they're exposed. For anyone looking (especially non-people of color) to earn a sliver of knowledge regarding the plight of colored Americans, do yourself a favor and read/scan some of the recommended books here:

Michael Omi & Howard Winant, Racial Formation in the United States: From the 1960s to the 1990s

Tomás Almaguer, Racial Fault Lines: The Historical Origins of White Supremacy in California

Natalia Molina, Fit to Be Citizens? Public Health and Race in Los Angeles, 1879-1939

Jeff Chang, Who We Be: A Cultural History of Race in Post-Civil Rights America

For more of an application of said theories to modern day dilemmas consider:

Marc Lamont Hill, Nobody: Casualties of America's War on the Vulnerable, from Ferguson to Flint and Beyond

Charles Ogletree, The Presumption of Guilt: The Arrest of Henry Louis Gates, Jr. and Race, Class and Crime in America

Will rep when I re-up

:pimp:

I don't want your ignorant chocolate chip cookie. Type of dude to only eat the white chocolate chip macadamia nut. Or request a blondie instead of a brownie a la mode.

Keep your racism off NT
That response was pure racism and stereotyping.
Way to fight alleged fire with real actual fire

Comical
laugh.gif
. If you woulda asked me 10 years ago....I woulda said maybe 30% of white people are racist.......

Now...... Whew
laugh.gif
sick.gif
As a white male, I'm going to have to agree with this. A few years ago I would have said maybe 35%-40%. These days, I'd probably say ~70%. 

I find it baffling time and time again that people try to pass off their tertiary observation as fact without understanding the well documented/studied history of the systems that continually try and fight back the progression of communities of color. Treat it like a hard science, if you went into a thread claiming the world is flat you'd get burned with no remorse. People come spewing in this thread with some backwards proclamation and then get hurt when they're exposed. For anyone looking (especially non-people of color) to earn a sliver of knowledge regarding the plight of colored Americans, do yourself a favor and read/scan some of the recommended books here:

Michael Omi & Howard Winant, Racial Formation in the United States: From the 1960s to the 1990s

Tomás Almaguer, Racial Fault Lines: The Historical Origins of White Supremacy in California

Natalia Molina, Fit to Be Citizens? Public Health and Race in Los Angeles, 1879-1939

Jeff Chang, Who We Be: A Cultural History of Race in Post-Civil Rights America

For more of an application of said theories to modern day dilemmas consider:

Marc Lamont Hill, Nobody: Casualties of America's War on the Vulnerable, from Ferguson to Flint and Beyond

Charles Ogletree, The Presumption of Guilt: The Arrest of Henry Louis Gates, Jr. and Race, Class and Crime in America

PS: You don't have to be black to feel like you can make a change. Of course being an ally has its boundaries and lines, but everyone in this country benefits from the liberation of black people via the dismantling of regressive policies that afflict communities of color.

And as I've mentioned earlier, to any Asian-American Nters (especially SE asians) more than likely your parents were able to immigrate to this country thanks to the sacrifices than many black Americans made during the civil rights movement (1965 immigration act). Your histories are more intertwined than you think.

repped

Kid rock bawitaba was like 20 years ago

Fat joe = lame

Lil wayne = racism dont exist because white kids are at my concert

Lawd

Wayne said racism dont exist becuase white kids go tk his concert

Fst joe said he dont agree

The same dude that made "Georgia Bush" and "Damage is done" :smh:

I swear....Lil Wayne after 2007 is a clone. Can't be the same dude who said THIS in both these songs:

[Verse 1]
Now
This song is dedicated to the one with the suit
Thick white skin and his eyes bright blue
So called beef with you-know-who
Fkc it, he just let em kill all of our troops
Look at the bullsht we been through
Had our ****** sitting on top their roofs
Hurricane Katrina, we should've called it Hurricane (Georgia) Bush
Then they telling y'all lies on the news
The white people smiling like everything cool
But I know people that died in that pool
I know people that died in them schools
Now what is the survivor to do?
Got to no trailer, you gotta move
Now it's on to Texas and to (Georgia)
They tell you what they want, show you what they want you to see
But they don't let you know what's really going on
Make it look like a lotta stealing going on
Boy them cops is killas in my home
***** shot dead in the middle of the street
I ain't no thief, I'm just trying to eat
Man **** the police and President (Georgia) Bush
So what happened to the levies, why wasn't they steady?
Why wasn't they able to control this?
I know some folk that live by the levy
That keep on telling me they heard explosions
Same sht happened back in Hurricane Betsy
1965: I ain't too young to know this
That was President Johnson but now it's (Georgia) Bush"

Or

"Youngin' on some real "Gangsta Gangsta" sht
Blame it on the neighborhood I was sanctioned in
But I'mma make sure we get them acres
Tell 'em fkc computers, we good with paper
Tell 'em fkc the world cause I'm hood by nature
Feelin' that way is how the hood'll make ya
The hood is vacant, the streets are empty, yeah
Mr. Bush, rebuild the city, but.....

[Verse 2]
Yeah, over like yesterday floatin' to the floodgates
This is New Orleans, welcome to the blood state
A blood bath, and you ain't nothin' but tub bait
No political justice not even the judge safe
If his *** can't swim he get a closed case
We need our own space, I ain't talkin' about Jupiter
No luck, no help and we the *****' future
I'm a hoosier, usually the cool one
But when I need it, I turn into a looter
God forgive, but do he forgive the brutal
Even when it's for the better of your junior"

"Until we get OUR PEACE/PIECE....no PEACE, keep Firing"

Last edited:
2007 is around the time Lil Wayne killed the last of his brain cells from excessive drug use

No way Wayne gonna disrespect white people in 2016. They are the only reason he is relevant nowadays. C3-rebirth were for them, even picked up skateboarding and signed Chanel westcoast. He ****ed up real quick.

Back
Top Bottom