Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
David Aldridge – Verified account ‏@daldridgetnt

Several players have indicated plans to make gestures once preseason begins a la @Kaepernick7. League rules mandate players stand 4 anthem.

Had no idea that **** was a rule

And Silver already said he encourages players to speak up. Which is surprising coming from a commissioner. He's like the cool substitute teacher in comparison to Stern.

Ray is def suffering from CTE, he cannot finish a coherent thought. Shannon always keep it [emoji]128175[/emoji], but I still would like him to check preacher Ray on his doubletalk.

One thing that always irks me about the we got to do better with us first then we should expect them to respect us. If by some way we actually did solve every single problem we have amongst ourselves as a community (stop killing each other is the big one they like to point to), how is THAT going to address the bias, prejudice, and racism coming from outside? If we're all good is that really going to make Officer Joe from Alabama think more highly of a black man and view him as an actual human being first and not a threat because he's of a darker hue? By constantly pushing that talking point it takes the onus off what is the real problem, I'm just here being who I am, why do YOU think I'm a danger to you off top? I've tried to have this discussion with some of the people who always bring up Chicago and I'm like well here are some of the reasons why, but they just want to focus on the effect and not the cause. It's very frustrating.
Anytime someone hits you with that "black people need to do better" narrative...

Hit them with Black Wall Street. A community in Tulsa, OK (of all places), flourishing under Jim Crow and Segregation. Businesses, schools, banks, agriculture... a generation after slavery, WE WERE FLORUSHING.

However, those racist white felt some type of way because "those n*****s" had the AUDACITY to be SUCCESSFUL.

So what happens???? A Manufactured claim of rape, white woman and black man of course.

Do they try to apprehend the individual? no... They destroy the ENTIRE town in TWO DAYS. The first time bombs dropped from planes on U.S. soil.

oh...

before you get to thinking Black Wall Street was an anomoly...

There were roughly 18 other successful black communities that were flourishing before being set ablaze in a race riot.

Don't even get me started on why our communities were like Black Wall Street, and have been "ghettos" for the last 5-6 decades :smh:

Last edited:
Ray is def suffering from CTE, he cannot finish a coherent thought. Shannon always keep it [emoji]128175[/emoji], but I still would like him to check preacher Ray on his doubletalk.

One thing that always irks me about the we got to do better with us first then we should expect them to respect us. If by some way we actually did solve every single problem we have amongst ourselves as a community (stop killing each other is the big one they like to point to), how is THAT going to address the bias, prejudice, and racism coming from outside? If we're all good is that really going to make Officer Joe from Alabama think more highly of a black man and view him as an actual human being first and not a threat because he's of a darker hue? By constantly pushing that talking point it takes the onus off what is the real problem, I'm just here being who I am, why do YOU think I'm a danger to you off top? I've tried to have this discussion with some of the people who always bring up Chicago and I'm like well here are some of the reasons why, but they just want to focus on the effect and not the cause. It's very frustrating.
Anytime someone hits you with that "black people need to do better" narrative...

Hit them with Black Wall Street. A community in Tulsa, OK (of all places), flourishing under Jim Crow and Segregation. Businesses, schools, banks, agriculture... a generation after slavery, WE WERE FLORUSHING.

However, those racist white felt some type of way because "those n*****s" had the AUDACITY to be SUCCESSFUL.

So what happens???? A Manufactured claim of rape, white woman and black man of course.

Do they try to apprehend the individual? no... They destroy the ENTIRE town in TWO DAYS. The first time bombs dropped from planes on U.S. soil.

oh...

There were roughly 18 other successful black communities that were flourishing before being set ablaze in a race riot.

Don't even get me started on why our communities were like Black Wall Street, and have been "ghettos" for the last 5-6 decades :smh:

Few hundred people dead. Hundreds of businesses gone. Churches, school system, bus system, law offices, hospital. I think an airport too? All burned, bombed, and destroyed. They even had "Negro refugees".

American soil. 1921.

O.W. Gurley tried to save us and they destroyed his creation.

No one should ever have to utter the words "we need to do better."

You are not defined by the actions of others in your "group," whether that group is your race, gender, sexual orientation, etc.  You're only responsible for yourself in this world.  

That's a big part of white supremacy.  When a white person commits an atrocious act, it's an isolated event.  When a black person does something immoral, it's suddenly a reflection of the entire black community.  

individualism vs universalism

white people are individuals when they are pulling themselves up by their bootstraps

universalists when it comes to the flag, the military

and use universalism just as you said, when they need to make actions of one black person cast over all black people

black people are only individuals when its obama, or oprah, or jordan, excepetional examples

individualism vs universalism

white people are individuals when they are pulling themselves up by their bootstraps

universalists when it comes to the flag, the military

and use universalism just as you said, when they need to make actions of one black person cast over all black people

black people are only individuals when its obama, or oprah, or jordan, excepetional examples

oh...

Preach my _, preach.

That was a straight terrorist attack on black people. :smh:

Having their backs against the wall with no resources, all they had was their work ethic and those people built something great. Had their own everything. Said "**** ya'll we gon do this on our own" And racist white folks couldn't stand it. It sent the message that "We will never let you do great in this country, we'll pick a few of you but your're gonna flourish as community".

One of the articles I read a while ago...

Today marks ninety-two years since as many as 300 African Americans lost their lives and more than 9,000 were left homeless when the small town was attacked, looted and literally burned to the ground beginning in 1921

Tulsa, like many cities and towns throughout the US, was hostilely segregated, with African Americans settling into the northern region of the city. As we often saw before integration, Blacks in the area created entrepreneurial opportunities for themselves, which housed an impressive business center that included banks, hotels, cafes, clothiers, movie theaters, and contemporary homes. Greenwood residents enjoyed many luxuries that their White neighbors did not, including indoor plumbing and a remarkable school system that superiorly educated Black children.

It was pure envy, and a vow to put progressive, high achieving African Americans in their place that would cause the demise of the Black Mecca many called “Little Africa”, and its destruction began the way much terrorism, violence and dispossession against African Americans did during that era. A young White woman accused a young Black man of attempted sexual assault, which gave local mobs and White men acting as police just cause to invade the unsuspecting community.

http://www.ebony.com/black-history/the-destruction-of-black-wall-street-405#axzz4L3Pkj0Do

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] @ Cam getting his OJ on.

Cam is sounding a lot like Juice did back in the day.

One of these days I expect Newton to get an Armenian best friend and be on some "Well I'm not black, I'm Cam" :smh:

Last edited:

oh...

I had like three or four different communities I used to.rattle off to folks but it's so hard.to.find information on it.anymore

Can you post some links?

Cam catching that heat. Sad to see him getting this treattment but these comments are on point.

Bruuuhhhh

:rofl:

This ***** really out here trying to be the next OJ Simpson

Man I hope Kaep comes in and balls out

:smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom