Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
hate and apathy are diff.

it's actually:

1. Russia
2. Soccer
Oh word, America hates Russia and soccer more than people of color? 
eyes.gif

Dude is on some crabs in a barrel, divisive crap

A comment from the article ...

“He was courageous enough to do that. He created that. He created the kneeling and that protest. And people fell in line with that. Some people supported it. Some people didn’t. But at the end of the day, and I’m not taking nothing away from him...I just don’t think the gesturing is creating anything. I think it’s bringing awareness, but I think doing stuff and creating awareness in the communities [is more effective].”

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with what Melo said. You can respect Kaep for being courageous & recognize that we been going about the resistance all wrong for far too long.

Athletes keep commenting on what kaep is or isn't doing but kaep never opens his mouth about other athletes

Charles Barkley, the Hall of Famer and broadcaster, amplified Anthony’s call to urgency—and dismissed the value of continued protests.

“Everybody’s engaged already,” Barkley said. “Everybody’s talking about it and know about it. I’m just a bit more big on action. Once you get off your knee, like, ‘OK, what are you doing?’ Because football season is going to be over soon. And the question is: How long do you do it? When is it over?’

Last edited:
No one cares what the Captain of the Shucking and Jiving Team Charles Racoon Barkley has to say. He's an idiot

I thought about posting this in the NBA thread, but it belongs here. A great and insightful read...these NBA dudes (and Adam Silver) absolutely get it.

The NBA's Plan to Go Beyond the Anthem

Colin Kaepernick has captivated a nation. But in a B/R Mag exclusive, NBA stars reveal their own plans for social-justice action—not protest

Before the ball is tipped Tuesday night in Cleveland, heralding the start of a new NBA season, the lights will go down, the national anthem will begin and 30 players will stand quietly, in two orderly rows.

They might lock arms in solidarity. But there will likely be no gestures of protest—no knees taken, no fists raised.

While the NFL’s Colin Kaepernick and other athletes are using the national anthem to make a stand for social justice, NBA players are already pursuing a different path: action over symbolism.

“I’m past the gestures,” New York Knicks star Carmelo Anthony told B/R Mag. “I’m past that. It’s all about creating things now and putting things in motion. So, that’s what I’m on. I’m trying to get guys on board with that and help them understand that—enough of the gesturing and talking and all of that stuff—we need to start putting things in place.”

Rest of Article in Link

Nothing wrong with what Melo said. You can respect Kaep for being courageous & recognize that we been going about the resistance all wrong for far too long.

The problem with this is that Kaep IS doing more than just gesturing. He's putting his money up to affect change. How is that going about things the wrong way?

Not sure Melo is aware of that part of Kaep's protest.

Carmelo himself has wrote long messages on Instagram no to mention that corny *** gesture at the Emmys. If he has a plan in place just execute it without downplaying kaep. He's prolly a little jealous kaep is getting the attention when he wanted to be the face of all this

View media item 2209563

I thought about posting this in the NBA thread, but it belongs here. A great and insightful read...these NBA dudes (and Adam Silver) absolutely get it.
Colin Kaepernick has captivated a nation. But in a B/R Mag exclusive, NBA stars reveal their own plans for social-justice action—not protest

Before the ball is tipped Tuesday night in Cleveland, heralding the start of a new NBA season, the lights will go down, the national anthem will begin and 30 players will stand quietly, in two orderly rows.

They might lock arms in solidarity. But there will likely be no gestures of protest—no knees taken, no fists raised.

While the NFL’s Colin Kaepernick and other athletes are using the national anthem to make a stand for social justice, NBA players are already pursuing a different path: action over symbolism.

“I’m past the gestures,” New York Knicks star Carmelo Anthony told B/R Mag. “I’m past that. It’s all about creating things now and putting things in motion. So, that’s what I’m on. I’m trying to get guys on board with that and help them understand that—enough of the gesturing and talking and all of that stuff—we need to start putting things in place.”
Rest of Article in Link
I can't support this thought process at all.

You can do both simultaneously. The two are not mutually exclusive. All this is doing is offering ammo to those who would rather shift focus.

What't the point of even saying that. I can't help but feel like it sort of undercuts what Kaep is doing. I don't see the purpose.

Last edited:

You can do both simultaneously. The two are not mutually exclusive. All this is doing is offering ammo to those who would rather shift focus.

What't the point of even saying that. I can't help but feel like it sort of undercuts what Kaep is doing. I don't see the purpose.

There was absolutely no need for him to say that and downplay kaep like that.

Last edited:
[thread="652983"]Quote:[/thread]

Rest of Article in Link

I think these are just the words of a tired, frustrated, and broken man. He's been on his social justice tip for a while and I didn't even think about him throwing shade at Kap.

Going forward, it's going to be interesting to see where the players in the NBA take things since their season is just starting up.

Last edited:
I can understand that.

I agree to a certain extent. Kneeling is only going to go so far. People need to take action of course. But anytime one of ours says something remotely close to this you know how it get purported. As far as I'm concerned, all that talk about what we should or shouldn't be doing doesn't need to play out in the media like that.

If anyone is entitled to the benefit of the doubt though it's Melo. I understand what he meant, I guess I'm just moreso sick of people taking statements like this and making it the rally cry for all those who'd rather throw us off topic.

But what he said didn't make any sense cuz kaep is doing stuff with the community...and lord knows what else he's done prior. So what was melo really talking bout?

Back
Top Bottom