Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hm...

Seems to me that perhaps many people end up being apologists out of ignorance.

You know, we have information quite literally at our fingertips but unless the media is ramming it down our throats, day in and day out, people are not going to be cognizant about how things in this country really work.

People are too easily swayed by lip-service in this country. They look at something that appears to be benign and don't take it upon themselves to investigate further.

Complacency will do that. People tend to not care about injustices until they are the ones being victimized.

Though I'd argue that there's a lot of people being victimized and they are none the wiser.

The truth is rarely palatable for mass consumption. It doesn't sell and the media knows this. People are also going to naturally repel against anything that induces cognitive dissonance. It's easier (and less painful) to just go with the flow.

Maybe its the political party group-think that is so pervasive in this country. Folks are so eager to be affiliated with SOMETHING that they compromise their ability to think as an individual while keeping the bigger picture in perspective. They don't realize they're just joining what is tantamount to a circle-jerk. Mental masturbation at its worst, it's satisfying, but it's completely counterintuitive.

Step back for a moment and unburden yourselves of labels. Race, religion, nationality, etc. Instead think about things from a global context. Think about the human race. Think about us being all alone on this pale blue dot we call home.

If that doesn't give you some perspective. If that doesn't make you realize how finite our respective existences are, how precious life is, then I don't know what to tell you.

Fact that we're still dealing with issues of race and violence in 2016 is a sad commentary. We have so little time on this earth, it is imperative that we leave it better than we found it, for our children.

If that means a bunch of people will lose money or be out of a job? So be it. There are other ways to make a living than capitalizing off of what quite frankly can be summed up as murder and bondage.

The outstanding levels of hubris and ignorance from individuals who have the audacity to justify the way things are currently in this nation never ceases to amaze and appall me at the same damn time.

I can't wrap my head around the views of some characters who frequent NT, it's almost as if they're just refusing to break character. No rational human being could honestly express some of the nonsensical sentiments I've seen expressed confidently and with CONSISTENCY on NikeTalk.

I mean really? Cats really have these world-views on here? Really b?

I expect it on social media but here? Where we've discussed these issues beyond ad nauseam (at this point my stomach is hanging out of my mouth), nah I don't buy it.

You dudes are playing a character. That's got to be it. You know you ain't ****. :lol:

Last edited:
[h1]White Lives Matter to Be Declared a Hate Group by the Southern Poverty Law Center[/h1]
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-group-southern-poverty-law-n640136?cid=sm_tw

Just goes to show

some of them just steal everything black people do

i didnt even know there was WLM 
mean.gif

So now SFPD, the same department constantly under investigation for racism, homophobia, and abuse of the poor/homeless, is saying that Kaepernick's comments are inappropriate...

:stoneface: :rofl:

I swear these guys don't think about their hypocrisy AT ALL

also, didnt the SF POA have to apologize for posting some bs pic with a black dog and white dog holding "black labs matter/all labs matter" in their newsletter? :smh:

had a co-worker saying how stupid colin was and this and that. didnt really want to go back and forth, especially at work... :smh:

So miss me wit your bs lecture, you probably still feeling a kinda way from the Politcal Thread. When i called out your i have black friends" shtick

I actually haven't thought about that thread since I clicked "submit." :lol:

If you were intent on being intellectually honest, you'd acknowledge that I wasn't simply mentioning the mere fact that "Hey, I have black friends" -- obviously, that's not the important part.

The important part is that I provided personal anecdotes explaining how I came to loathe racism towards black people all by myself at a young age, how I feel about my black friends (love), how my black friends feel about me (love), and how I make an effort to be especially nice to random black people I encounter to hopefully mitigate some of the racial discrimination they have faced / continue to face.

I'm not looking for a trophy, a pat on the back, or a cookie; but it would be nice if people could understand my experience and at least give me the benefit of the doubt before immediately calling me a hateful racist bigot. Just a thought.

You want to talk about intellectual dishonestly after misrepresenting my views in your prior post.

You want to move the goal post to this because your strawmen got blown away by the win.

If you want to be your message of that post you made, you should have said so, because I wasn't the only one that called you got.

I don't think I have ever called you a hateful racist bigot, once again you throwing more red herrings. I have my opinion about the content of your post, which let's remember have been mostly trolling and name calling in the Political Thread. Anyone an pull your post history and see that.

Admire the dude's sentiment but seriously 
laugh.gif
 at him wearing the X hat while also wearing a shirt of him conversing with Castro!? 

Also the idea of him revering Fidel while also.. *um*.... playing for San Francisco. Just weird. If we're playing Family Feud SF Streets/Locations it's top 4 easy right? 

[h1]White Lives Matter to Be Declared a Hate Group by the Southern Poverty Law Center[/h1]
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-group-southern-poverty-law-n640136?cid=sm_tw

Just goes to show

some of them just steal everything black people do

i didnt even know there was WLM 
mean.gif

#WLM is pretty much KKK status. Take a look at this

http://www.whitelivesmatter.com/
"White genocide is a phenomenon where mass third world immigration, integration by force, and 24/7 race mixing propaganda are being promoted in all and only white countries to deliberately turn them non-white. To add insult to injury westerners are being forced to subsidize their non-working invaders through taxation and welfare."
sick.gif
mean.gif

MLK warned us about those, "I like his motive but don't like his method" dudes (whites)

"First, I must confess that over the last few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season."

Shallow understanding from people of goodwill is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection."
Looking right at you @ksteezy  

Last edited:
If you go back and listen to MLK's speeches it is almost like he's speaking to the reality of today. He was right then as he is now.

MLK warned us about those, "I like his motive but don't like his method" dudes (whites)

"First, I must confess that over the last few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season."

Shallow understanding from people of goodwill is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection."

Looking right at you @ksteezy

thanks for sharing this quote.

Back
Top Bottom