Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
White Supremacy had nothing to do with the Korean and Black relations during the LA riots

The black community was mad at the Koreans for building stores in the community prior to the riots and it culminated into rioters trying to burn down the stores because they didn't want the Koreans back anymore

What white supremacy did was that they did not protect Korean Americans and left them to defend their own stores and 2,300 of the stores got damaged or looted

I get your point but white people dont care about other races

They only protect their own
Thats the point I'm making.
You were insuniating that black and Korean relations were caused by white people trying to pit them against each other
That wasn't the case

You were insuniating that black and Korean relations were caused by white people trying to pit them against each other
That wasn't the case

Wasn't there a time in American history where Asians were pointed to as examples of "ideal immigrants" and given perks that black folks weren't as far as business loans went? I think that started the tension. Especially when black struggles were contrasted with Asian success in this country. Not calling you out, just asking.

Last edited:
Look at all the white people cheering him on

"Now this is the right way to do it Doug"

I really wish people would leave MLK's name out of their Kumbaya steez.
Entire Seahawks team will interlock their arms and stand up during the National Anthem:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...eahawks-to-stand-interlock-arms-during-anthem

I'm sure this will warm the hearts of sws everywhere, so next time Richard Sherman "acts up" in the slightest bit, they will be more than understanding.

They really just should have just done nothing.

Last edited:
That wasn't the case

Well a Korean store owner murdered a black teen (Latasha Harlings) after racially profiling her. And she got off in court. The root of the racial profiling is white supremacy. That's what really kicked off the riots as well as the other police brutality and tension. What was an intersting result of the riots....was half kf the Korean American community coming together with other minorities to fight racism, and the other half making a separatist, conservative/right wing stance against Africam Americans. Which leads to JPS JPS point.

"the 1992 violence stimulated a new wave of political activism among Korean-Americans, but it also split them into two camps. The liberals sought to unite with other minorities in Los Angeles to fight against racial oppression and scapegoating. The conservatives emphasized law and order and generally favored the economic and social policies of the Republican Party. The conservatives tended to emphasize the political differences between Koreans and other minorities, specifically African Americans."

The latter group is exactly what JPS JPS was talking about.

Last edited:
Well a Korean store owner murdered a black teen (Latasha Harlings) after racially profiling her. And she got off in court. The root of the racial profiling is white supremacy. That's what really kicked off the riots as well as the other police brutality and tension. What was an intersting result of the riots....was half kf the Korean American community coming together with other minorities to fight racism, and the other half making a separatist, conservative/right wing stance against Africam Americans. Which leads to @instagram point.

"the 1992 violence stimulated a new wave of political activism among Korean-Americans, but it also split them into two camps. The liberals sought to unite with other minorities in Los Angeles to fight against racial oppression and scapegoating. The conservatives emphasized law and order and generally favored the economic and social policies of the Republican Party. The conservatives tended to emphasize the political differences between Koreans and other minorities, specifically African Americans."
Thank you.

That wasn't the case

Wasn't there a time in American history where Asians were pointed to as examples of "ideal immigrants" and given perks that black folks weren't as far as business loans went? I think that started the tension. Especially when black struggles were contrasted with Asian success in this country. Not calling you out, just asking.

The use of Asians as the model minority is a popular talking point

Strange though, a lot of Asians I've met and been friends with, especially the younger ones, want no part of that bull ****.

Last edited:
That wasn't the case

Yes and no. Asian Americans are used as the model minority by white people to not help out other minorities although white people did some actions to try to segregate Asians from white people.
However, like one NTer mentioned, a Korean store owner killed a black girl because she thought she was stealing although she wasn't, and that was part of the reason for the riots. What I was trying to say was that the violence between the two was self inflicted. And yes I know the half tried to unite all other minorities, but again, Koreans have their own racist ideology perpetuated by their culture. In Korea, if you are black or even mixed, they will treat you differently. Racial profiling isn't just a white construct.
Again, I'm saying you NTers aren't wrong in race relations, I'm saying it's more complex. Black people been hated on for centuries by almost everyone.

mean.gif
Seahawks might as well not do anything , wasting everybody time
to paraphrase a modern philosopher, "what they should have done...was nothing."

But we tombout US relations right now.
I know that bro
I'm saying every culture in the US has some people that racially profile black people due to their background or upbringing from parents that told them black culture equates criminality
You know why there are Hispanic gangs out here beefing with black gangs? They aren't doing it for the white man, they were told by their peers and family to hate black people
It's sad

Strange though, a lot of Asians I've met and been friends with, especially the younger ones, want no part of that bull ****.

And my god do young liberal Asian people hate conservative Asian people that kiss the white communities' ***. I'm even taken aback at some of the stuff that comes out my friends' mouths.

Ummm...conservative asians dont really kiss up to white folk.
Example...my gfs conservative chinese mom wont even meet me, after 5 years of dating her daughter.
There is no systematic racism in the scenario....just a dislike for my culture.
A culture she decided to move in to.
When I found out that they were also calling my gf banana, I decided im never going to meet them.
They didn't come to canada to participate, they came to take advantage.

Example...my gfs conservative chinese mom wont even meet me, after 5 years of dating her daughter.
When I found out that they were also calling my gf banana, I decided im never going to meet them.

But you wylin for da durag comment doe lol.

Lmao jk

And my god do young liberal Asian people hate conservative Asian people that kiss the white communities' ***. I'm even taken aback at some of the stuff that comes out my friends' mouths.

Forreal :lol:
My parents are conservative and basically have a stereotype on everyone except their own race
It's how they grew up, was to hate everyone except their own country

Same way how you say name calling is racist. People don't don't know what real racism is.
Like I said, if an asian person calls you the nword right now....you wouldn't be like "Oh you prejudice".  Stop fronting for the sake of your illogical argument. 

No one wants to be called a racist, not even racists. :lol:  

I wouldn't say none of that ****. Wouldn't be no words. :lol:

Entire Seahawks team will interlock their arms and stand up during the National Anthem:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...eahawks-to-stand-interlock-arms-during-anthem

Look at this corny ****. I bet Russell came up with that.

I am not say all Asians that are conservative kiss up to the white community.

I'm saying the conservatives that do, anger younger liberal ones I know. For example many of the Peter Liang protesters

Last edited:
:smh: Seahawks might as well not do anything , wasting everybody time

I don't get the point in doing this. They could just stand up but locking arms and all that dumb **** is like sending the message "We're not like him middle America, we're good boys".

Straight pathetic.

Get your man's Peep Game. :smh:

We will stand and interlock arms to not offend closet racists because they like football too." - Seahawks.

Why couldnt have been the Browns or something who did this **** [emoji]128532[/emoji]

Why couldnt have been the Browns or something who did this **** [emoji]128532[/emoji]
laugh.gif
 right...you'd expect that out of the Patriots or Packers or somebody but the Seahawks have long been a "black" team in my mind--speaking from the standpoint of the franchise's most visible faces over the past few years--and folks like Richard Sherman in particular have displayed social awareness and a willingness to speak out, so how this Mickey Mouse idea made it around the locker room is beyond me.

the seahawks move is weak but at least theyre doing something

how many teams will try to dictate that their players stand at attention or else?

Back
Top Bottom